• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    . . . N o w.
    Wishful thinking?

Comment

It's nice to see you've accepted the inevitable.
      Nothing's inevitable. I just think it's unlikely we'll win the division. If Boston were losing a few games, that would be fine, but we're winning and they're winning. In any case, I'm not conceding anything in October.

Bronx to Beantown: start losing like you've always done.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Nothing's inevitable. I just think it's unlikely we'll win the division. If Boston were losing a few games, that would be fine, but we're winning and they're winning. In any case, I'm not conceding anything in October.
        Even though you're 4 games up in the WC, you still haven't made it to October yet . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Bronx to Beantown: start losing like you've always done.
        Face it. Your 12 year reign is done.**
        "The king is dead, long live the king!"

** I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me & bite me in the ass...
        Ken Fougère

Comment

Even though you're 4 games up in the WC, you still haven't made it to October yet . . .

Hey Ken...

Wonder if Mattingly and the other NYers saw thw Pats/Jets game yesterday
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Hey Ken...

Wonder if Mattingly and the other NYers saw the Pats/Jets game yesterday
            (Shhh!) One disappointment at a time. We don't want to start any suicide trends down there.

Do we?
            Ken Fougère

Comment

Hey the Thousand Year Reich lasted only 12 years (Thank Goodness). All I want to say with this is that nothing lasts forever. But the season is not over yet.

We'll meet again.

Comment

• Yeah, as a matter of fact, we'll see you Yankees at Fenway Park this week, and we'll be ready for you. And it seems like you're trying to ride on the success of A-Rod, but be careful IF he makes the playoffs, as he'll be hitting .050 to .225.

Are you sure you want to challenge the Boston Red Sox? Are you really sure? *laughs insanely*

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                  Yeah, as a matter of fact, we'll see you Yankees at Fenway Park this week, and we'll be ready for you. And it seems like you're trying to ride on the success of A-Rod, but be careful IF he makes the playoffs, as he'll be hitting .050 to .225.

Are you sure you want to challenge the Boston Red Sox? Are you really sure? *laughs insanely*
                  That one blolded word pretty much describes all Boston fans
                  2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
                    That one blolded word pretty much describes all Boston fans
                    Actually, I'd say this drawing denotes insanity...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
                      If that bet was made the opposite way after the 2004 WS you would have had to use a Yankees avatar.

How about this, if the Yankees last longer than the Red Sox do than you have to wear and Yankees avatar and sig until Manny reports to ST

If the Red Sox last longer than the Yankees than I have to wear a Red Sox avatar and sig until New Years Day

Since the Red Sox have the division lead and the Yankees are 4th in the WC than you would have to use the Yankees avatar and sig longer than I would have to wear the Red Sox avatar and sig. Scared?
                      Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                      Deal. But if neither win the playoffs or if neither makes it pass the ALDS, is it there a tie? Maybe we should have to wear Devil Ray avatars. Remember the rules, as always, no editing posts that contain bet information and all that stuff.
                      Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
                      Than we both lose and have to wear the other team's avatar and sig until the WS ends.
                      Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                      Ok. Deal.
                      Just a friendly reminder......
                      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Regardless of how the Fenway game ends, do any Beantowners here still doubt that Tampa Bay can be spoilers this time of year? I thought that KC would've won at least 1 game off the Yanks, but a sweep was nice.

TB was up 8-1 earlier, but now it's 8-4. It'll take some effort, but it's still the 4th inning. In either case, can Boston fans really wonder how the Yanks lost 2 of 3 to that team?

Hey, you folks are in 1st, so a similar series loss to you guys & gals would seem to be a bigger blow, wouldn't you say?
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                          Regardless of how the Fenway game ends, do any Beantowners here still doubt that Tampa Bay can be spoilers this time of year? I thought that KC would've won at least 1 game off the Yanks, but a sweep was nice.

TB was up 8-1 earlier, but now it's 8-4. It'll take some effort, but it's still the 4th inning. In either case, can Boston fans really wonder how the Yanks lost 2 of 3 to that team?

Hey, you folks are in 1st, so a similar series loss to you guys & gals would seem to be a bigger blow, wouldn't you say?
                          Tied as we speak at 9-9. Some guy who was fortunate to escape the Yankee organization...I think his name is Lowell...4 for 4 so far in the game.

Comment

Tied as we speak at 9-9. Some guy who was fortunate to escape the Yankee organization...I think his name is Lowell...4 for 4 so far in the game.
                            After a 5 run 6th, it is 13-9 with a runner on third with 2 down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                              After a 5 run 6th, it is 13-9 with a runner on third with 2 down.
                              14-9 in the middle of the 7th.

What's making it even more enjoyable is watching it on the Rays TV network and hearing DeWayne Staats and Schilling's "buddy" Joe Magrane do the PBP

Comment

14-9 in the middle of the 7th.

What's making it even more enjoyable is watching it on the Rays TV network and hearing DeWayne Staats and Schilling's "buddy" Joe Magrane do the PBP
                                15-9 in the 7th with a Papi Bullpen Blast! (sounds like a new DeAngelo's combo meal). And now 16-7 with a Drew HR!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X