This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    Yeah, but Aerosmith ain't the Beatles. Only the Stones and possibly U2 could approach them. The Beatles are the #1 rock band of all time, from what I gather.

Anyway, you've gotta love the Beatles. Sir Paul being a Yankee fan is great stuff. I'm not too sure about Alec Baldwin. Other than his famous marriage (and even more infamous divorce) to/from Kim Basinger, I haven't followed him much.

Anyway, if we win this game, I say that you all should take a week away from here, don't eat any chowda for that week, and wear Yankee avs. The last y'all could do.

Your wife likes the Jints and the Mets? I dunno, that's a mixed bag to me. Gang Green played at Shea; the Jints played at Yankee Stadium for the past 50 years. In fact, Bob Sheppard, the Yanks' stadium announcer since 1951 is, I think, still their stadium announcer at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ.
    I definitely prefer a lot of bands to the Beatles. I like Nirvana and Black Sabbath better than the Beatles. Of course I just love hard rock in general.
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Led-Zeppelin rules all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jays Scout View Post
        Led-Zeppelin rules all!!!
        Somehow I forgot them but they're awesome to

Comment

• Could you guys stay another week or so in town?

That would be nice.

Comment

• Listen up! We'll get revenge about our sweeping, just you wait! We'll be back for another meeting at Fenway, we'll be back for sure! Just be careful, Yankee fans. You haven't seen the last of the Red Sox...
            Last edited by Solair Wright; 08-30-2007, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
              Listen up! We'll get revenge, just you wait! We'll be back for another meeting at Fenway, we'll be back for sure!
              I ain't worried either
              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Man, if our boys had gotten swept like that, I'd be hiding under a rock somewhere, hoping not to be found or even noticed.

Oh well, keep posting, Beantowners. Gives me something amusing to look at during the crazy day.

I should just pour a gallon of lemonade into your chowda, just to curdle it!
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Man, if our boys had gotten swept like that, I'd be hiding under a rock somewhere, hoping not to be found or even noticed.

Oh well, keep posting, Beantowners. Gives me something amusing to look at during the crazy day.

I should just pour a gallon of lemonade into your chowda, just to curdle it!
                  How'd the Giants do last night against the Patriots?

Comment

• You see they're getting nervous so they feel the urge to say something, anything even if it makes no sense at all. It means they`re panicking

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      How'd the Giants do last night against the Patriots?
                      Typical Beantowner. When the Pats are winning (in *PRESEASON*, might I add), they're all over it. Notice they don't say much about the Celtics or Bruins.

Anyway, I'm not much of an American football fan, neither NCAA nor NFL.

Anyway, your dairy-based chowda has gone bad. Yankee bean soup rules, and your team has been swept underneath the carpet (like talk of how horrendously they've done has been swept under the carpet by Beantowners).

Now then, *NO CHOWDA FOR YOU*!

Boy, that was too easy.

Speaking of the Pats, was that Tom Brady who threw that touchdown to 3B on Thursday? That one that went into a Manny-less LF and allowed your favorite Yankee to score all the way from 1B?

Hut one, hut two, *HIKE!*

Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
                      You see they're getting nervous so they feel the urge to say something, anything even if it makes no sense at all. It means they`re panicking
                      Beantowners, by definition, always have a need to pump themselves up. It must be an inferiority complex they've pretended to hide. Whatever.
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Typical Beantowner. When the Pats are winning (in *PRESEASON*, might I add), they're all over it. Notice they don't say much about the Celtics or Bruins.

Anyway, I'm not much of an American football fan, neither NCAA nor NFL.

Anyway, your dairy-based chowda has gone bad. Yankee bean soup rules, and your team has been swept underneath the carpet (like talk of how horrendously they've done has been swept under the carpet by Beantowners).

Now then, *NO CHOWDA FOR YOU*!

Boy, that was too easy.

Speaking of the Pats, was that Tom Brady who threw that touchdown to 3B on Thursday? That one that went into a Manny-less LF and allowed your favorite Yankee to score all the way from 1B?

Hut one, hut two, *HIKE!*

Beantowners, by definition, always have a need to pump themselves up. It must be an inferiority complex they've pretended to hide. Whatever.
                        Hey, don't forget the Pats got a regular-season rematch with The Blue Midgets WHEN IT COUNTS in December..and they open against the Jokes--oops--Jets next week. And BB is a genius. He didn't want to coach in NY.

And a SANE person would take Tom Brady over Eli the Crybaby ("Waaah Daddy I don't wanna play in San Diego Waaah Daddy!!!) or Pennington any day.

The Celtics? Ain't that time of the year quite yet...but what The Great Danny Ainge has done is make sure that Celtics Enemy #!, Isiah the <lower body cavity> will have nightmares (named Pierce, Allen and Garnett). The Bruins? A bit of time but we'll be defeating the Rangers and the Uniondale Islanders again. Doesn't happen overnight.

No..I didn't sweep under the rug the slight aberration. Season ain't over yet. I ain't worried, pal. Not one bit

And now, if you don't mind, I'm hungry..

Comment

• Dude, you talk more about football than baseball. So glad that Beantown has other teams around for this sad time of year for you folks (henceforth, "Looza-boyz" and "Looza-girlz").

Here's a little "something" for your chowda! Please pour directly into it:

Comment

Dude, you talk more about football than baseball. So glad that Beantown has other teams around for this sad time of year for you folks (henceforth, "Looza-boyz" and "Looza-girlz").

Mmmmmm....

On a nice and hot Florida day like today, a lemonade does sound good. Thanks for the idea. I may just sit and relax for a while in the carport until the wife gets home in a few minutes and we go to the Poison/Ratt show. I will bring my cell phone so i can get the score of the Rays/Yankees game. All of a sudden, I'm a Tampa Bay fan for the weekend

Comment

Dude, you talk more about football than baseball. So glad that Beantown has other teams around for this sad time of year for you folks (henceforth, "Looza-boyz" and "Looza-girlz").

Oh quiet, you're just jealous because the Yankees swept the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. You won this month's bragging rights, but we'll see who wins next month at Fenway Park. Joba Chamberlain got suspended two games because of an incident during one of the games. Have fun against the incoming Devil Rays, who came off a sweep against the troubled O's.

Didn't the Rays have the Yankees' number at one time? Wasn't it in 2005? Please bring back that time again because I miss that time, and I want it to return in full force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                                Oh quiet, you're just jealous because the Yankees swept the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. You won this month's bragging rights, but we'll see who wins next month at Fenway Park. Joba Chamberlain got suspended two games because of an incident during one of the games. Have fun against the incoming Devil Rays, who came off a sweep against the troubled O's.

Didn't the Rays have the Yankees' number at one time? Wasn't it in 2005? Please bring back that time again because I miss that time, and I want it to return in full force.
                                Looks like Carlos Pena helped out his hometown team tonight

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X