This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

But I notice you're still in the rear-view mirror also . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      Sure, tough talk WB2599, but the fact is that you guys are quite slumping lately.

But that doesn't matter. It gives us the opportunity to overtake you guys.
      My Fellow Dutchman...

I reiterate

This is NOT 1978 and Francona is NOT Zimmer...
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post

Sox fans, as you keep repeating that mantra over and over and over again before you go to bed each night, slip on these lovely ruby red slippers (one size fits all) and make that wish. :crossfingers:

Oh yea, don't forget to click your heels three times.

Comment

My Fellow Dutchman...

I reiterate

My fellow Dutchman...

You have said that before.

But your lead is now only SEVEN. It was ELEVEN a couple of days ago.

Comment

My fellow Dutchman...

You have said that before.

But your lead is now only SEVEN. It was ELEVEN a couple of days ago.
            It ain't over until my ex-wife sings...and I haven't heard her voice in 23 years

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
              But I notice you're still in the rear-view mirror also . . .
              Yeah, what you haven't noticed, my soon to be overtaken, used, abused and pilferred Beantowner, is that your lead (now shrunk to an itty bitty *SEVEN*) is rapidly shrinking.

Hey, why don't you just admit that KC owns you people? Then they rocked you in *YOUR HOUSE*! Instead of wiping their feet at the door, they instead just trudged their mess all over the lawn.

Anyway, no need to fear but fear itself. In the form of Odalis Perez. He doesn't just sing it, he *BRINGS* it!

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, and how's your day been so far?

Hey, nothing like a solid 5 innings against the Basement Berthas in the world. We'll have to sic Tampa Bay on you loserboyz very shortly.

Hey, at least somebody had a good day on the road. Shades of blue can win twice in one day, right?

I guess that 2 outta 3 ain't bad, right?

Last edited by Mattingly; 07-19-2007, 12:41 AM.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                Yeah, what you haven't noticed, my soon to be overtaken, used, abused and pilferred Beantowner, is that your lead (now shrunk to an itty bitty *SEVEN*) is rapidly shrinking.

Hey, why don't you just admit that KC owns you people? Then they rocked you in *YOUR HOUSE*! Instead of wiping their feet at the door, they instead just trudged their mess all over the lawn.

Anyway, no need to fear but fear itself. In the form of Odalis Perez. He doesn't just sing it, he *BRINGS* it!

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, and how's your day been so far?

Hey, nothing like a solid 5 innings against the Basement Berthas in the world. We'll have to sic Tampa Bay on you loserboyz very shortly.

Hey, at least somebody had a good day on the road. Shades of blue can win twice in one day, right?

I guess that 2 outta 3 ain't bad, right?

I'm not worried at all.

I know however that King George ain't too happy, tho.

BTW, I ever tell you I lost all respect for Marvin Lee Aday years ago? Not just because he's a Yankee fan, but the fact he cancelled a concert in Lauderdale in '93 because he claimed he had a sore throat. Funny that the next day he wa all better and able to tape a VH-1 Storytellers in Orlando the next night. Figures a Yankee fan would stiff people like that.

Comment

• Now Matt.
                  Posturing already? You're still 7 games behind . . .
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                    Now Matt.
                    Posturing already? You're still 7 games behind . . .
                    You know what Ken?

If you guys keep losing like you do now, your lead won't grow. Even if the Yankees lose one once in a while.

It seems that Boston doesn't want to win anymore.

When things go on like this, I think that the name Loserville would be a good fit for Beantown.

Comment

You know what Ken?

If you guys keep losing like you do now, your lead won't grow. Even if the Yankees lose one once in a while.

It seems that Boston doesn't want to win anymore.

When things go on like this, I think that the name Loserville would be a good fit for Beantown.
                      The only thing funner then than destroying the Yankee in the standings is to toy with them, let think they have a chance, and THEN destroy them in the standings.

"Go ahead, take it, take it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                        The only thing funner then than destroying the Yankee in the standings is to toy with them, let think they have a chance, and THEN destroy them in the standings.

"Go ahead, take it, take it!"

Yeah. Just like the Sox are doing this on purpose. :disbelief:

Comment

• When Joe Montana was with Notre Dame, my dad was a huge fan of him. Then he joined the 49ers, threw the pass that became The Catch, and became an enemy. My dad went from a fan to just another Cowboys fan who scowled at the very mention of Montana's name.

Does this happen a lot in rivalries? It seems pretty stupid to me to suddenly hate a guy you had liked all your life, just because he plays for the enemy. I realize that Red Sox and Yankees fans hate the opposing team's players indiscriminately. But are those players who leave one side for the other singled out, because fans involved in intense rivalries have a larger expectation of loyalty? If Derek Jeter signed with Boston as a free agent, and he had been your favorite player during your lifelong tenure as a Yankees fan, would you suddenly turn on him, and single him out as the worst of the scoundrels on the Sox? These are the things I wonder about when I think about rivalries.
                          "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

• Originally posted by AstrosFan View Post
                            When Joe Montana was with Notre Dame, my dad was a huge fan of him. Then he joined the 49ers, threw the pass that became The Catch, and became an enemy. My dad went from a fan to just another Cowboys fan who scowled at the very mention of Montana's name.

Does this happen a lot in rivalries? It seems pretty stupid to me to suddenly hate a guy you had liked all your life, just because he plays for the enemy. I realize that Red Sox and Yankees fans hate the opposing team's players indiscriminately. But are those players who leave one side for the other singled out, because fans involved in intense rivalries have a larger expectation of loyalty? If Derek Jeter signed with Boston as a free agent, and he had been your favorite player during your lifelong tenure as a Yankees fan, would you suddenly turn on him, and single him out as the worst of the scoundrels on the Sox? These are the things I wonder about when I think about rivalries.
                            When David Wells signed with the Sox, he was booed like poison in Yankee Stadium.

No doubt if Jeter came to Fenway, he'd be HATED in NY.

Comment

When David Wells signed with the Sox, he was booed like poison in Yankee Stadium.

No doubt if Jeter came to Fenway, he'd be HATED in NY.
                              Wasn't it the same with Clemens when he signed with the Yankees?

What about Damon? Classic example.

Comment

Wasn't it the same with Clemens when he signed with the Yankees?

What about Damon? Classic example.
                                With Clemens it was different at first. He left Boston because of Duquette. But remember he went to Toront fisrt and THEN to the Yankees...didn't help when he started to badmouth the towm. Badmouth Duquette, fine, lots of Sox fans were (including me). But badmouth Boston the town the instant you put on pinstripes...you're as popular as a Redcoat in 1776...

Damon? He SWORE he'd never sign with the Yankees....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X