• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    Hey, even the Beckhams are Dodger fans

I hear tell Cruyff was a fairly good pitcher in the day
    Then you know that the Beckhams don't know a thing about baseball

FYI, Cruyff was a catcher. I always thought that he was a pitcher, but a couple of months ago, when he turned 65, there was a TV show in which he told that he always caught because he also wanted to be a leader with baseball.

Comment

Well since Mattingly has me on ignore, I guess he's lucky enough not to see me mention that The Magic Number for the Sox is...

Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Now you tell me . . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        It's a good thing that I've tweaked the software, so now SDL is officially being ignored!
        Boy, that program certainly could have come in handy in this thread over the years . . .
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!
          Guess what? Okajima's human. He ain't perfect. Don't worry, he'll still shut you guys down again this year.

10 game losing streak? Like I've said before, this ain't 1978 and Terry Francona ain't The Gerbil...

I know Jeter has a place down here. Wonder what miniature golf course he's got booked for October 1st...
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

1 7
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
              1 7
              19 17 ?

That year had a Sox WS win... But they were white. So what's the use of putting that 17 here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                19 17 ?

That year had a Sox WS win... But they were white. So what's the use of putting that 17 here?
                Tomorrow it'll be 16...the same uniform number Sox ace Jim Lonborg wore in '67. Also the number of NBA titles the Celtics have won...

Kind of a nice number, that 16

Comment

Boy, that program certainly could have come in handy in this thread over the years . . .
                  See, SDL. Even Ken, Beantown Homer extraordinaire (either that or just extra-ordinary) doesn't even reply to you. Further proof that nobody other than Yankee fans of proper decency know that you're here.

*Applies the *Shadd-Uppa-You-Face, Squelch & Mute filter" to SDL*
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

See, SDL. Even Ken, Beantown Homer extraordinaire (either that or just extra-ordinary) doesn't even reply to you. Further proof that nobody other than Yankee fans of proper decency know that you're here.

*Applies the *Shadd-Uppa-You-Face, Squelch & Mute filter" to SDL*
                    *yawn*

Too early in the day for me to offer up a proper retort

Comment

• Good for you!

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                      " . . . and give that we at least make the WC (the division doesn't seem likely) . . . "
                      It's nice to see you've accepted the inevitable.
                      Last edited by KenFougere; 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM.
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

It's nice to see you've accepted the inevitable.

One word (?) Yogi Berra!

Comment

One word (?) Yogi Berra!
                          Funny..I been ssying the same thing whenever you guys say the Sox are gonna choke

Comment

Funny..I been ssying the same thing whenever you guys say the Sox are gonna choke
                            Since when do Sox fans have the rights to use phrases made by Yankees?

We have the sole rights for that. Please keep that in mind.

Thank you.

BTW. I have never read posts by you that said: "Yogi Berra".

Strange...
                            Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 09-07-2007, 01:53 PM.

Comment

One word (?) Yogi Berra!
                              You know, I just read that Posada is actually older than Yogi!
                              He keeps leaving the dugout for his position with his fedora on, it's Giambi's job to get it off him without Jorge noticing.
                              "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                                You know, I just read that Posada is actually older than Yogi!
                                He keeps leaving the dugout for his position with his fedora on, it's Giambi's job to get it off him without Jorge noticing.
                                Come to think of it, Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of the AFLAC duck makes a lot more sense than Yogi does in that ad.

In all seriousness..even a Sox fan like me can't dislike Yogi

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X