• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Empire Strikes Again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cajun Yankee View Post
      The Empire Strikes Again!

Apprently the Evil Empire rebuilt the .406 club before blowing it up. Odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
        I;'m here and the number is still 9[/FONT]
        Next to a Montgomery Biscuits Southern League Championship, what could make my day even better...? Yes, a Yankee win over Boston of course. Thank you Beantown for making my day. :bowdown:

Hey what a coincidence. Nine is my uniform number as well. Which great and famous ball player wore that number as well? Oh yeah ROGER MARIS

Must be a bad omen. :crossfingers:

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          Next to a Montgomery Biscuits Southern League Championship, what could make my day even better...? Yes, a Yankee win over Boston of course. Thank you Beantown for making my day. :bowdown:

Hey what a coincidence. Nine is my uniform number as well. Which great and famous ball player wore that number as well? Oh yeah ROGER MARIS

We have TWO #9's retired in Boston...Ted and The Chief. Both are in their respective sports Hall Of Fame.

Graig Nettles also wore #9 as well..same guy who tried to rip Spaceman's arm out of it's socket in '76...
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

We have TWO #9's retired in Boston...Ted and The Chief. Both are in their respective sports Hall Of Fame.

Graig Nettles also wore #9 as well..same guy who tried to rip Spaceman's arm out of it's socket in '76...

Than it MUST be a bad omen for you guys.

Comment

Than it MUST be a bad omen for you guys.
              Well, I have not heard my Reubenesqe ex-fiancee singing...of course I haven't spoken to her in over 23 years, so that is a good omen

Comment

Well, I have not heard my Reubenesqe ex-fiancee singing...of course I haven't spoken to her in over 23 years, so that is a good omen
                As much as I hate Sox fans I will not wish Marriage on anyone
                "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

I wore #9 during high school baseball as well (Williams died about a month before we picked our numbers, so it was a tribute to him). Looks like I cancel out your bad omen.
                  Last edited by Westlake; 09-17-2007, 03:44 PM.
                  Originally posted by Domenic
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
                    As much as I hate Sox fans I will not wish Marriage on anyone
                    Well, I've been married to my Met fan wife for over 8 years now...

Comment

• Shelley Duncan

Real classy, eh?

What an (lower body cavity)

Comment

• SDL, how's Eric Gagne doin' these days?

Last edited by Mattingly; 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• It seems like the Evil Empire is right in the thick of things again.

Game Over!

CAREER Over!

Yankees win! THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YANKEES WINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-19-2007, 02:40 AM.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• 1.5 games back
                            39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                            2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

• And the magic number... REMAINS... 9!!!

Hiya Ken
                              Hiya SDL

Still confident?

Comment

• Brag all you want. You're just getting lucky, Yankee fans. Now, IF the New York Yankees gets in the postseason, how will A-Choke fare?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X