Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ouch! The almighty Red Sox lose it in the ninth.

    That one must hurt. It will get worse. You have to play two pretty tough teams the coming days. At least the Yanks had some hard times playing them :crossfingers:

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      Ouch! The almighty Red Sox lose it in the ninth.

      That one must hurt. It will get worse. You have to play two pretty tough teams the coming days. At least the Yanks had some hard times playing them :crossfingers:
      The Yankees would have had a hard time playing the Bad News Bears the first half of the season.
      Originally posted by Domenic
      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
        Like I would care about soccer. I used to do. At those days Cruyff put on a Feyenoord jersey. That was blasphemy.

        But nowadays soccer is not interesting anymore.
        Hey, even the Beckhams are Dodger fans

        I hear tell Cruyff was a fairly good pitcher in the day
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
          Hey, even the Beckhams are Dodger fans

          I hear tell Cruyff was a fairly good pitcher in the day
          Then you know that the Beckhams don't know a thing about baseball

          FYI, Cruyff was a catcher. I always thought that he was a pitcher, but a couple of months ago, when he turned 65, there was a TV show in which he told that he always caught because he also wanted to be a leader with baseball.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Well since Mattingly has me on ignore, I guess he's lucky enough not to see me mention that The Magic Number for the Sox is...

            18
            Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

            Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

            Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • Now you tell me . . . .

              Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
              It's a good thing that I've tweaked the software, so now SDL is officially being ignored!
              Boy, that program certainly could have come in handy in this thread over the years . . .
              Ken Fougère

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

                Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

                Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!
                Guess what? Okajima's human. He ain't perfect. Don't worry, he'll still shut you guys down again this year.

                10 game losing streak? Like I've said before, this ain't 1978 and Terry Francona ain't The Gerbil...

                I know Jeter has a place down here. Wonder what miniature golf course he's got booked for October 1st...
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                  Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

                  Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

                  Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!

                  1 7
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                    1 7
                    19 17 ?

                    That year had a Sox WS win... But they were white. So what's the use of putting that 17 here?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                      19 17 ?

                      That year had a Sox WS win... But they were white. So what's the use of putting that 17 here?
                      Tomorrow it'll be 16...the same uniform number Sox ace Jim Lonborg wore in '67. Also the number of NBA titles the Celtics have won...

                      Kind of a nice number, that 16
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                        Boy, that program certainly could have come in handy in this thread over the years . . .
                        See, SDL. Even Ken, Beantown Homer extraordinaire (either that or just extra-ordinary) doesn't even reply to you. Further proof that nobody other than Yankee fans of proper decency know that you're here.

                        *Applies the *Shadd-Uppa-You-Face, Squelch & Mute filter" to SDL*
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                          See, SDL. Even Ken, Beantown Homer extraordinaire (either that or just extra-ordinary) doesn't even reply to you. Further proof that nobody other than Yankee fans of proper decency know that you're here.

                          *Applies the *Shadd-Uppa-You-Face, Squelch & Mute filter" to SDL*
                          *yawn*

                          Too early in the day for me to offer up a proper retort
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Good for you!

                            Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                            " . . . and give that we at least make the WC (the division doesn't seem likely) . . . "
                            It's nice to see you've accepted the inevitable.
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 09-07-2007, 02:38 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                              It's nice to see you've accepted the inevitable.



                              One word (?) Yogi Berra!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post



                                One word (?) Yogi Berra!
                                Funny..I been ssying the same thing whenever you guys say the Sox are gonna choke
                                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X