This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    Lowell's statistics speak for themselves . . .
    With both Manny & Ortiz having off years, I don't want to think where we'd be in the standings without Lowell having the year he's had so far.
    Go into CE. I just posted this new thread about each team's MVP. Let's hear your writeup on why Lowell is the MVP, as opposed to Varitek, Okajima, Papelbon.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 09-13-2007, 11:31 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      You sure it won't be cussin' the Yanks for taking 2 of 3 this weekend? Then off to the "I hate the Damned Yankees" Pats game?

Seriously, crazy weekend coming up. Any predictions of the outcome? Anyone saying that Boston will lose is fine by me. :hyper:
      Sunday's games are opposite each other..I'll be having two TVs going simultaneously.

Well, down here, Boston IS a loser..David Boston, that is
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
        Sunday's games are opposite each other..I'll be having two TVs going simultaneously.

Well, down here, Boston IS a loser..David Boston, that is
        Oh, they are? I guess that's why there are those DVR things and multiple TV sets. I've tried watching two games at once, but unless they're the same sport, I wouldn't bother. If I'm casual on football, I'll look, but I haven't been into the Giants since LT & Harry Carson (who then switched to Gang Green) were there.

I've tried watching NCAA football on Saturdays or NFL football on Sundays, both along with a baseball game, but paid little attention to the gridiron game outside of seeing nice plays, interceptions, long rushes, etc. Nice, but after Phil Simms defeated John Elway around '86, I haven't had as much interest. Those "X's" & "O's" haven't kept my attention either.

Hey, one more reason to not like the Damned Yankee fans!

Anyway, enjoy your weekend. At least the pre-game portion, anyway!
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Ok NOW we bury the Yanks!

Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
          “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes781 View Post
            Ok NOW we bury the Yanks!

Who be this newbie into this thread? Please identify yourself.

If you are a Beantowner, you shall be asked to get sandwiches, cold drinks, iced water and small shopping chores for Yankee fans.

Now then, please let us know your views on both teams, and how soon you shall be at the mercy of us Yankee fans here, performing trivial chores for us at our beck & call.

Comment

If I'm casual on football, I'll look, but I haven't been into the Giants since LT & Harry Carson (who then switched to Gang Green) were there.
              He joined my favorite Boston punk band?!?!?
              Was he on the "Older...Budweiser" album?
              Wow...he's a multitalented dude!!!

Off to catch the T in about 2 hours...hope that the traffic isn't a bear.
              Also hope that they've got Dice K hypnotized into thinking that he's pitching in the Koshien!!!
              Gotta admit that I don't like this matchup one bit, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm wearing the Ortiz All Star tshirt, I think that guarantees a win!
              "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Who be this newbie into this thread? Please identify yourself.

If you are a Beantowner, you shall be asked to get sandwiches, cold drinks, iced water and small shopping chores for Yankee fans.

Now then, please let us know your views on both teams, and how soon you shall be at the mercy of us Yankee fans here, performing trivial chores for us at our beck & call.

lol I'm not really a newbie any more, but I am a Beantowner. You can call me Lou.

Red Sox are clearly built to win in the post season. The pitching staff from top to bottom is superior IMO. Yankees have made a nice 2nd half push, but let's face it we all know they can't beat the Angels.

As far as chores go don't hold your breathe
                Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes781 View Post
                  lol I'm not really a newbie any more, but I am a Beantowner. You can call me Lou.

Red Sox are clearly built to win in the post season. The pitching staff from top to bottom is superior IMO. Yankees have made a nice 2nd half push, but let's face it we all know they can't beat the Angels.

As far as chores go don't hold your breathe
                  Hmmmmmmmmm, Hiya, Lou!

After them Damned Yankees trounced each of Dice-K, Beckett & Schill, you still dare say that the Yankees don't have the superioer pitching? Can those Beantown pitchers beat the Mighty Yankees at Fenway? Since the answer to the question is obvious, how soon before you speak for all of RSN and wave the white flag? Please hand in your submission and be off with you!

As to beating the Angels, we could've the last time, but Randy Johnson pitched on a rainy day. He's lousy in soggy weather, so he failed us. He was unhitting in relief in Game 5, but Moose had already lost the game for us.

Anyway, the Demolition Derby begins in 3.5 hours. Please find a nice safe place to hide, and make sure that you bring lots of non-perishable food, water, and can exit to an empty town of residents who've fled to the hills!

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                    He joined my favorite Boston punk band?!?!?
                    Was he on the "Older...Budweiser" album?
                    Wow...he's a multitalented dude!!!

Off to catch the T in about 2 hours...hope that the traffic isn't a bear.
                    Also hope that they've got Dice K hypnotized into thinking that he's pitching in the Koshien!!!
                    Gotta admit that I don't like this matchup one bit, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm wearing the Ortiz All Star tshirt, I think that guarantees a win!
                    Harry Carson was on a punk band? Did he play a guitar, or was he merely singing "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" and waving his hair (or what little was left of it) wildly in the wind?

I say that no player who earned fame in the NY/NJ area is allowed to play in a punk band in Boston.

Oh, and no chowda for any of you folks here. The clam supply is very low about now!

Comment

• Mattingly...

You better be referring to that great band and NOT the most hated football team in NE right now

Mangini is just as popular as King George is...
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm, Hiya, Lou!

After them Damned Yankees trounced each of Dice-K, Beckett & Schill, you still dare say that the Yankees don't have the superioer pitching? Can those Beantown pitchers beat the Mighty Yankees at Fenway? Since the answer to the question is obvious, how soon before you speak for all of RSN and wave the white flag? Please hand in your submission and be off with you!

As to beating the Angels, we could've the last time, but Randy Johnson pitched on a rainy day. He's lousy in soggy weather, so he failed us. He was unhitting in relief in Game 5, but Moose had already lost the game for us.

Anyway, the Demolition Derby begins in 3.5 hours. Please find a nice safe place to hide, and make sure that you bring lots of non-perishable food, water, and can exit to an empty town of residents who've fled to the hills!
                        We shall see. Admittedly our pitching has leveled off some here of late, but as will your bats sooner rather than later. And the bullpen is where we hold the greatest advantage. Mariano is no longer the dominant closer of the AL. That title belongs to one Jonathan Papelbon now. Once you're eliminated from contention & you will be eliminated, there's going to be some major changes in the Bronx. Hopefully you can handle the realization of a rebuilding year. Afterall you have a new stadium to support & without Mr. MVP there to boo any more I worry that you won't be able to keep up financially. :dismay:

Comment

• Actually, the feared AL closer is Francisco Rodriguez, who makes a power-hitting lineup look like they're in a slump. Anyway, there's been something I have been worried about the Yankees is that they could have a losing season in the near future. I'm not bashing them, but it'll be because of rebuilding a newer team, instead of going with mostly all-stars, they would have mostly rookies and proven winners.

Anyway, the Red Sox have proven winners, a couple rookies, and some remnants from the 2004 World Series, and they're doing well. Now, put a recent World Series Champion, like my Cardinals. They're in danger of securing their first losing season since 1999 because they've been shelled with injuries all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                            Actually, the feared AL closer is Francisco Rodriguez, who makes a power-hitting lineup look like they're in a slump. Anyway, there's been something I have been worried about the Yankees is that they could have a losing season in the near future. I'm not bashing them, but it'll be because of rebuilding a newer team, instead of going with mostly all-stars, they would have mostly rookies and proven winners.
                            Papelbon: 1.52 ERA, 79 K, 15 BB
                            Rodriguez: 3.03 ERA, 78 k, 29 BB
                            Originally posted by Domenic
                            The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• 3 Homahs in 2 days for Papi, and because of little Joba, you have to deal with Mr. Kevin Youkilis and crew.:

youk.jpg

"Youk. Angerrryyy."

Comment

• Alright guys and dolls! We all Know what starts right now!! Let the fun Begin :hyper: :hyper: :gt
                                39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                                2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X