This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    Anyway, rain, rain, go away, we need Beantown to lose today!
    Reading the above, brought back memories of many past seasons.

It also shows how much the tables have turned . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Tim Wakefield allowed three hits in seven shutout innings
      and joined teammate Josh Beckett as the major league’s only 16-game winners . . .

Daisuke Matsuzaka's record could have been 19-4.
      But 6 of his 10 losses, were 'Tough Losses'. (Quality Starts with no run support.)
      Last edited by KenFougere; 08-25-2007, 06:52 PM.
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
        Tim Wakefield allowed three hits in seven shutout innings
        and joined teammate Josh Beckett as the major league’s only 16-game winners . . .

Daisuke Matsuzaka's record could have been 19-4.
        But 6 of his 10 losses, were 'Tough Losses'. (Quality Starts with no run support.)
        Not to mention Wake's 22 straight shutout innings...

Comment

• My vision must be going.... Is that a 1 in front of that 6 where the Tiger's score is? That can't be right....
          Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 08-27-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
            My vision must be going.... Is that a 1 in front of that 6 where the Tiger's score is? That can't be right....
            This must be a belated April Fool's Joke

Next three games will be fun to watch
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• What was Monday night's final score again? Was it something like 16-0 Tigers? Yes? Well, the Moose got the noose by Tigers batters, and poor pitching doomed New York badly. Tonight, it's a raid in the Bronx against the Bronx Bomb(er)s.

I'm hoping what's his name puts bets on the Yankees again, so I could see him with a Boston Red Sox avatar.

Comment

• I'd say that moose-hunting season starts early in Michigan...
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• It's put up or shut up time Yankees! What ya got?
                  Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
                  “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

Although I've been a hardcore Red Sox fan for over 36 years & I really can't stand the Yankees, I do respect the team. I feel very privileged to have a hometown team that has been and still is involved in this VERY SPECIAL part of baseball...
                    It's ashame you don't appreciate this unique aspect of the game.
                    Both teams are lucky to have each other to compete with for so many years!

:grouchy
                    I liked that you said that! The Yankee Redsox Riverly is the best in sports! (even though It didn't really get heated till the 1970's) and I love having my team being part of it. Even tho sometime fans on both side take it too far and you can't have an itellegent conversation. I love watching the Yanks play the bosox (and going to the games and watching the redsox fans get hell in the Bleachers )
                    Even tho I do hate the redsox and redsox fans there is a small part of me that loves them, I am glad that they are there, I am glad to have an enemy. Especially one like the redsox, one you can respect, one with history and tradition and style that is only matched by the Yankees (at least in the American League). In 2004 after I was total crushed and the anger and Humiliation wore off. I was kind of happy for them, they finally did it! And I was happy all the curse BS could stop. So Redsox nation a Yankee Fan has a place in his heart for the redsox........If only a very very very little part
                    39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                    2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

• Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
                      I liked that you said that! The Yankee Red Sox Rivalry is the best in sports! (even though It didn't really get heated till the 1970's) and I love having my team being part of it. Even tho sometime fans on both side take it too far and you can't have an intelligent conversation. I love watching the Yanks play the BoSox (and going to the games and watching the Red Sox fans get hell in the Bleachers )
                      Even tho I do hate the Red Sox and Red Sox fans there is a small part of me that loves them, I am glad that they are there, I am glad to have an enemy. Especially one like the Red Sox, one you can respect, one with history and tradition and style that is only matched by the Yankees (at least in the American League). In 2004 after I was total crushed and the anger and Humiliation wore off. I was kind of happy for them, they finally did it! And I was happy all the curse BS could stop. So Red Sox nation a Yankee Fan has a place in his heart for the redsox........If only a very very very little part
                      Excellent post!
                      Your view of this great rivalry is very much in line with my own. I look forward to sparring with you in this thread!
                      Attached Files
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                        I'd say that moose-hunting season starts early in Michigan...
                        I think the "Moose" will soon be put out to pasture . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• The magic number is down to 24 going into a three-game set in New York.
                          I would have preferred a little more drama, but the Red Sox's goal now is to eliminate the Yankees entirely
                          and force them to pay for tickets come October.
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes781 View Post
                            It's put up or shut up time Yankees! What ya got?
                            Their silence is deafening . . .
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

Their silence is deafening . . .
                              That's what I thought last night when our #18 hit one into RCF off your #18.

Now then, go back hiding behind your EZ chair until you manage to get a win against the Yankees. Until then, no more soup for you!

Hiya, Ken!

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                                That's what I thought last night when our #18 hit one into RCF off your #18.

Now then, go back hiding behind your EZ chair until you manage to get a win against the Yankees. Until then, no more soup for you!

Hiya, Ken!
                                Ken's reply:
                                - American League East -
                                Boston - - - 80 52 .606 -
                                New York - 73 59 .553 - 7
                                ----------><----------
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X