This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    Yeah, I like the Beatles...but I also like these guys as well.

Now where are they from again...?

Oh, I do think about football. Say, how are those Jokes--oops--Jets doin'? And FYI, my wife is a Giants & Mets fan as well...
    Yeah, but Aerosmith ain't the Beatles. Only the Stones and possibly U2 could approach them. The Beatles are the #1 rock band of all time, from what I gather.

Anyway, you've gotta love the Beatles. Sir Paul being a Yankee fan is great stuff. I'm not too sure about Alec Baldwin. Other than his famous marriage (and even more infamous divorce) to/from Kim Basinger, I haven't followed him much.

Anyway, if we win this game, I say that you all should take a week away from here, don't eat any chowda for that week, and wear Yankee avs. The last y'all could do.

Your wife likes the Jints and the Mets? I dunno, that's a mixed bag to me. Gang Green played at Shea; the Jints played at Yankee Stadium for the past 50 years. In fact, Bob Sheppard, the Yanks' stadium announcer since 1951 is, I think, still their stadium announcer at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 08-30-2007, 12:56 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Start spreadin' the news.

We're a sweepin' today.

New York, Nooooo Yooooooooooooooooooork!
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• :o that is all i got lol
        Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
        “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          OK, we'll give you two at The Zoo. I have a feeling Schilling will shut you guys down tomorrow.

Shame that I have now lost all respect for Alec Baldwin and Sir Paul McCartney...
          See SDL. As always when I expect the Yanks to lose, they beat the Red Sox.

Deep in your heart you knew that not Schilling would shut out his opponent, but Wang would.

So here a short summary of the game (to rub things in):

Two wonderful plays by Jason Giambi.

Two homers by Cano of Schilling

Youk leaving his line between second and third to avoid a tag and ruled out after a protest by the Yanks. As a result Francona was tossed from the game. It was fun to see how Torre protested first and as soon as the umps reversed the first call, how Francona raced on the field.

Error with a capital E (and not because it is the first word of this line) by Tek to score Abreu and A-Rod all the way from first.

This game was priceless.

And in the end a 5-0 shut out... MWHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!

Thank you Boston, good night!
          :silent:
          Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 08-30-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Lets get the lead down to 2 games by the time we face Boston in Fenway. That should be a fun series!
            My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
              The Yankees are tied for the Wild Card now.....

Don't forget our bet
              I ate dinner there after my graduation from high school. Ate a lot of seafood but no oysters.
              "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
              "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
                The Yankees are tied for the Wild Card now.....

Don't forget our bet
                We made a bet?

Somebody must of been on my username....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                  Yeah, but Aerosmith ain't the Beatles. Only the Stones and possibly U2 could approach them. The Beatles are the #1 rock band of all time, from what I gather.

Anyway, you've gotta love the Beatles. Sir Paul being a Yankee fan is great stuff. I'm not too sure about Alec Baldwin. Other than his famous marriage (and even more infamous divorce) to/from Kim Basinger, I haven't followed him much.

Anyway, if we win this game, I say that you all should take a week away from here, don't eat any chowda for that week, and wear Yankee avs. The last y'all could do.

Your wife likes the Jints and the Mets? I dunno, that's a mixed bag to me. Gang Green played at Shea; the Jints played at Yankee Stadium for the past 50 years. In fact, Bob Sheppard, the Yanks' stadium announcer since 1951 is, I think, still their stadium announcer at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ.
                  I definitely prefer a lot of bands to the Beatles. I like Nirvana and Black Sabbath better than the Beatles. Of course I just love hard rock in general.
                  2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Led-Zeppelin rules all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jays Scout View Post
                      Led-Zeppelin rules all!!!
                      Somehow I forgot them but they're awesome to
                      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Could you guys stay another week or so in town?

That would be nice.

Comment

• Listen up! We'll get revenge about our sweeping, just you wait! We'll be back for another meeting at Fenway, we'll be back for sure! Just be careful, Yankee fans. You haven't seen the last of the Red Sox...
                          Last edited by Solair Wright; 08-30-2007, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                            Listen up! We'll get revenge, just you wait! We'll be back for another meeting at Fenway, we'll be back for sure!
                            I ain't worried either
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Man, if our boys had gotten swept like that, I'd be hiding under a rock somewhere, hoping not to be found or even noticed.

Oh well, keep posting, Beantowners. Gives me something amusing to look at during the crazy day.

I should just pour a gallon of lemonade into your chowda, just to curdle it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                                Man, if our boys had gotten swept like that, I'd be hiding under a rock somewhere, hoping not to be found or even noticed.

Oh well, keep posting, Beantowners. Gives me something amusing to look at during the crazy day.

I should just pour a gallon of lemonade into your chowda, just to curdle it!
                                How'd the Giants do last night against the Patriots?
                                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X