Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You see they're getting nervous so they feel the urge to say something, anything even if it makes no sense at all. It means they`re panicking
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
      How'd the Giants do last night against the Patriots?
      Typical Beantowner. When the Pats are winning (in *PRESEASON*, might I add), they're all over it. Notice they don't say much about the Celtics or Bruins.

Anyway, I'm not much of an American football fan, neither NCAA nor NFL.

Anyway, your dairy-based chowda has gone bad. Yankee bean soup rules, and your team has been swept underneath the carpet (like talk of how horrendously they've done has been swept under the carpet by Beantowners).

Now then, *NO CHOWDA FOR YOU*!

Boy, that was too easy.

Speaking of the Pats, was that Tom Brady who threw that touchdown to 3B on Thursday? That one that went into a Manny-less LF and allowed your favorite Yankee to score all the way from 1B?

Hut one, hut two, *HIKE!*

Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
      You see they're getting nervous so they feel the urge to say something, anything even if it makes no sense at all. It means they`re panicking
      Beantowners, by definition, always have a need to pump themselves up. It must be an inferiority complex they've pretended to hide. Whatever.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Typical Beantowner. When the Pats are winning (in *PRESEASON*, might I add), they're all over it. Notice they don't say much about the Celtics or Bruins.

Anyway, I'm not much of an American football fan, neither NCAA nor NFL.

Anyway, your dairy-based chowda has gone bad. Yankee bean soup rules, and your team has been swept underneath the carpet (like talk of how horrendously they've done has been swept under the carpet by Beantowners).

Now then, *NO CHOWDA FOR YOU*!

Boy, that was too easy.

Speaking of the Pats, was that Tom Brady who threw that touchdown to 3B on Thursday? That one that went into a Manny-less LF and allowed your favorite Yankee to score all the way from 1B?

Hut one, hut two, *HIKE!*

Beantowners, by definition, always have a need to pump themselves up. It must be an inferiority complex they've pretended to hide. Whatever.
        Hey, don't forget the Pats got a regular-season rematch with The Blue Midgets WHEN IT COUNTS in December..and they open against the Jokes--oops--Jets next week. And BB is a genius. He didn't want to coach in NY.

And a SANE person would take Tom Brady over Eli the Crybaby ("Waaah Daddy I don't wanna play in San Diego Waaah Daddy!!!) or Pennington any day.

The Celtics? Ain't that time of the year quite yet...but what The Great Danny Ainge has done is make sure that Celtics Enemy #!, Isiah the <lower body cavity> will have nightmares (named Pierce, Allen and Garnett). The Bruins? A bit of time but we'll be defeating the Rangers and the Uniondale Islanders again. Doesn't happen overnight.

No..I didn't sweep under the rug the slight aberration. Season ain't over yet. I ain't worried, pal. Not one bit

And now, if you don't mind, I'm hungry..

sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Dude, you talk more about football than baseball. So glad that Beantown has other teams around for this sad time of year for you folks (henceforth, "Looza-boyz" and "Looza-girlz").

Here's a little "something" for your chowda! Please pour directly into it:

Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Dude, you talk more about football than baseball. So glad that Beantown has other teams around for this sad time of year for you folks (henceforth, "Looza-boyz" and "Looza-girlz").

Mmmmmm....

On a nice and hot Florida day like today, a lemonade does sound good. Thanks for the idea. I may just sit and relax for a while in the carport until the wife gets home in a few minutes and we go to the Poison/Ratt show. I will bring my cell phone so i can get the score of the Rays/Yankees game. All of a sudden, I'm a Tampa Bay fan for the weekend

Comment

Dude, you talk more about football than baseball. So glad that Beantown has other teams around for this sad time of year for you folks (henceforth, "Looza-boyz" and "Looza-girlz").

Oh quiet, you're just jealous because the Yankees swept the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. You won this month's bragging rights, but we'll see who wins next month at Fenway Park. Joba Chamberlain got suspended two games because of an incident during one of the games. Have fun against the incoming Devil Rays, who came off a sweep against the troubled O's.

Didn't the Rays have the Yankees' number at one time? Wasn't it in 2005? Please bring back that time again because I miss that time, and I want it to return in full force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                Oh quiet, you're just jealous because the Yankees swept the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. You won this month's bragging rights, but we'll see who wins next month at Fenway Park. Joba Chamberlain got suspended two games because of an incident during one of the games. Have fun against the incoming Devil Rays, who came off a sweep against the troubled O's.

Didn't the Rays have the Yankees' number at one time? Wasn't it in 2005? Please bring back that time again because I miss that time, and I want it to return in full force.
                Looks like Carlos Pena helped out his hometown team tonight

Comment

• As a Yankee fan, I detest the Boston Red Sox so much.
                  http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Q_Zerpnj63I/Sa...flbot-qUQb.jpg

Comment

• No-no a go for Buchholz
                    Clay Buchholz's second big league start was magical.
                    The youngster hurled the 17th no-hitter in Sox history . . .

Last edited by KenFougere; 09-05-2007, 10:23 AM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees2k6 View Post
                      As a Yankee fan, I detest the Boston Red Sox so much.
                      that was a well thought out post you dolt...do you have any stats to back your claim

Comment

Do you have any more perspiscacious comments that you wish to add to this discussion? Are there anymore items of highly-evolved intelligence that you are able to contribute?

Oh, for your additional educational experince that you may derive from this thread, I have three words: The Yankees Suck.

Please have a nice day and may King George turn a nice shade of purple as the Red Sox win the AL East

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                          Clay Buchholz's second big league start was magical.
                          The youngster hurled the 17th no-hitter in Sox history . . .

I'd say he looked better than that hot-shot rookie the Yankees have..what's that guy's name again? Phil Something or other?

Comment

So you've got 25 posts so far, and this in all of 3 months. I'd suggest that you go back a few pages (30 or so would be fine), read as much as you can, make sure you know who's who, which teams they root for (usernames, sigs and avs can sometimes be an indication), and see what the general climate is here. It's often pretty warm, but sometimes some cold water can be splashed into our faces, unfortunately.

Anyway, we're all here about love and one-upping one another. It's like a "water cooler" thread where people discuss the various games and how well their team is doing. We'll crow in front of opposing teams, but it's all done in fun. We know one another and despite the strong on-field rivalries, we as fans here get along just fine.

In essence, it's about zings and cheesy posts, poking fun at one another, but it's never harmful, never hurtful, never personal, as in knowing of someone's true personal weakness and using that against them.

Welcome to the fray, dive in if you dare ( ), and enjoy your stay here. Just be cool with everyone around here.
                            Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                            that was a well thought out post you dolt...do you have any stats to back your claim
                            Let's all give him/her a bit of time before presuming the lesser of him/her. Let's see if this forumer can reform from that comment. If not, please alert one of the Mods and we'll take care of things. OK?
                            Originally posted by SDL View Post
                            Do you have any more perspiscacious comments that you wish to add to this discussion? Are there anymore items of highly-evolved intelligence that you are able to contribute?

Oh, for your additional educational experince that you may derive from this thread, I have three words: The Yankees Suck.

Please have a nice day and may King George turn a nice shade of purple as the Red Sox win the AL East
                            Let's not add to the fray. Thx.
                            Last edited by Mattingly; 09-02-2007, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post

Hopefully, that doesn't result in any beanball fiascos. Joba threw high, but as Torre emphasized on the post-game interview *AFTER* he'd supposedly calmed down, that he wouldn't bring a 21-y.o. kid in there to throw high at someone. 2 high ones just were loose, and control was the issue, not intent.

I'm not crowing too much. Just wondering why RS fans were still making noise after a sweep. Hey, I had to say something, right?

Anyway, let Baltimore's Crab Feast rule over NE chowda on Sunday!

Comment

So you've got 25 posts so far, and this in all of 3 months. I'd suggest that you go back a few pages (30 or so would be fine), read as much as you can, make sure you know who's who, which teams they root for (usernames, sigs and avs can sometimes be an indication), and see what the general climate is here. It's often pretty warm, but sometimes some cold water can be splashed into our faces, unfortunately.

Anyway, we're all here about love and one-upping one another. It's like a "water cooler" thread where people discuss the various games and how well their team is doing. We'll crow in front of opposing teams, but it's all done in fun. We know one another and despite the strong on-field rivalries, we as fans here get along just fine.

In essence, it's about zings and cheesy posts, poking fun at one another, but it's never harmful, never hurtful, never personal, as in knowing of someone's true personal weakness and using that against them.

Welcome to the fray, dive in if you dare ( ), and enjoy your stay here. Just be cool with everyone around here.

Let's all give him/her a bit of time before presuming the lesser of him/her. Let's see if this forumer can reform from that comment. If not, please alert one of the Mods and we'll take care of things. OK?

Let's not add to the fray. Thx.
                                i thought this was the thread we all could poke fun at one another and not get scolded??? Its all good

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X