This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    Hey ever noticed that you can put a 19 in front of it?

Or it's Damon's number, the guy who beat you up, remember?
    Who's Damon?
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
      Who's Damon?

That's the weakest answer you have ever given. :silent:

Comment

That's the weakest answer you have ever given. :silent:
        To me at this monent in time (5:30 PM EDT on Sepetember 4, 20027) 18 means two things.

1. The Magic Number

2. The uniform number of Dice-K, NOT the number of this lying traitor who swore up and down that he'd never go THERE.

Same kind of feeling you'd get if Johan Cruyff put on a Belgian jersey...

Comment

To me at this monent in time (5:30 PM EDT on Sepetember 4, 20027) 18 means two things.

1. The Magic Number

2. The uniform number of Dice-K, NOT the number of this lying traitor who swore up and down that he'd never go THERE.

Same kind of feeling you'd get if Johan Cruyff put on a Belgian jersey...

Like I would care about soccer. I used to do. At those days Cruyff put on a Feyenoord jersey. That was blasphemy.

But nowadays soccer is not interesting anymore.

Comment

• Ouch! The almighty Red Sox lose it in the ninth.

That one must hurt. It will get worse. You have to play two pretty tough teams the coming days. At least the Yanks had some hard times playing them :crossfingers:

Comment

Ouch! The almighty Red Sox lose it in the ninth.

That one must hurt. It will get worse. You have to play two pretty tough teams the coming days. At least the Yanks had some hard times playing them :crossfingers:
              The Yankees would have had a hard time playing the Bad News Bears the first half of the season.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Like I would care about soccer. I used to do. At those days Cruyff put on a Feyenoord jersey. That was blasphemy.

But nowadays soccer is not interesting anymore.
                Hey, even the Beckhams are Dodger fans

I hear tell Cruyff was a fairly good pitcher in the day

Comment

Hey, even the Beckhams are Dodger fans

I hear tell Cruyff was a fairly good pitcher in the day
                  Then you know that the Beckhams don't know a thing about baseball

FYI, Cruyff was a catcher. I always thought that he was a pitcher, but a couple of months ago, when he turned 65, there was a TV show in which he told that he always caught because he also wanted to be a leader with baseball.

Comment

Well since Mattingly has me on ignore, I guess he's lucky enough not to see me mention that The Magic Number for the Sox is...

Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Now you tell me . . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                      It's a good thing that I've tweaked the software, so now SDL is officially being ignored!
                      Boy, that program certainly could have come in handy in this thread over the years . . .
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                        Actually, I've only put you on ignore to anyone but Yankee fans. Notice that nobody else has bothered to post to you? In fact, they haven't even seen your post. I've also made your post invisible when I'm replying, so they probably think I'm going bonkers about now, wondering aloud who the dickens I may be replying to. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time that happened!

Anyway, I see that Vernon Wells can get to Okajima also. Thank goodness, that guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

Oh well, Beantown 10-game losing streak is about to begin tonight. Y'all can start hiding out about now, but don't forget to talk like you're still winning, if that makes ya feel better!
                        Guess what? Okajima's human. He ain't perfect. Don't worry, he'll still shut you guys down again this year.

10 game losing streak? Like I've said before, this ain't 1978 and Terry Francona ain't The Gerbil...

I know Jeter has a place down here. Wonder what miniature golf course he's got booked for October 1st...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

1 7
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                            1 7
                            19 17 ?

That year had a Sox WS win... But they were white. So what's the use of putting that 17 here?

Comment

19 17 ?

That year had a Sox WS win... But they were white. So what's the use of putting that 17 here?
                              Tomorrow it'll be 16...the same uniform number Sox ace Jim Lonborg wore in '67. Also the number of NBA titles the Celtics have won...

Kind of a nice number, that 16

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                                Boy, that program certainly could have come in handy in this thread over the years . . .
                                See, SDL. Even Ken, Beantown Homer extraordinaire (either that or just extra-ordinary) doesn't even reply to you. Further proof that nobody other than Yankee fans of proper decency know that you're here.

*Applies the *Shadd-Uppa-You-Face, Squelch & Mute filter" to SDL*
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X