This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maximum jack View Post

How's that extra 2 mil working out for you Johnny?
    Johnny who?

Sorry, the only #18 that I recognize is

sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
      I actually thought it was a good game

Geez, Matt..seven years in a row now..the post-season el foldo?

Man, the chowder is gonna taste soooo goooood Friday night
      At least we made it to the Big Dance 6 times since 1996. We just weren't able to win more than 4.

After 2001, I figured we were all spoiled, could say "4 rings in __ years. As that number kept climing but the rings stood still, it didn't look as magnificent anymore. If we'd have sone in 2002 and possibly again in 2003, our spirits would've been picked right up.

Now Beantown of all people goes into the ALCS but we don't. Could it get any worse?

Like the various Mets fans this past week, I too will support the Cleveland Indians. They have good pitching and know how to win. Hopefully, they can, so y'all won't have too much of an advantage over us.

Oh, would someone please quite that Mets fan Autograph Collector and let him know that we at least *MADE* the playoffs?!

If Boston goes to the WS, they will have to either get swept or lose Game 7. They cannot be allowed to win it all again until 2090. It shall not be allowed to happen!

*steps off soapbox for now*
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
        I actually thought it was a good game

Geez, Matt..seven years in a row now..the post-season el foldo?

Man, the chowder is gonna taste soooo goooood Friday night
        All I can say to this bleating is:

LET'S GO TRIBE. KICK BOSTON'S BUTT!!!!!!
        Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          All I can say to this bleating is:

LET'S GO TRIBE. KICK BOSTON'S BUT!!!!!!
          But. But, whatt?
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Judgment Day: Will Torre finally get axed by Steinbrenner, or will he have a second wind? Find out this winter in the only "exciting" event in the Yankees' off-season.

Meanwhile, Boston has something to live for now - something the Yankees will not see this year - holding the World Series trophy. Who will prevail? Boston or Cleveland?

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
              But. But, whatt?
              I could have used a synonym starting with an A, but I don't think that's allowed here.

Slip of the pen. Not strange when English is not your native language.
              Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Hmm.. I have a brief memory of some sort of bet made.. I can't remember the details though... Something about if something made it farther then something else, somebody would have to wear something for a long time... Hmmm.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
                  If that bet was made the opposite way after the 2004 WS you would have had to use a Yankees avatar.

How about this, if the Yankees last longer than the Red Sox do than you have to wear and Yankees avatar and sig until Manny reports to ST

If the Red Sox last longer than the Yankees than I have to wear a Red Sox avatar and sig until New Years Day

Since the Red Sox have the division lead and the Yankees are 4th in the WC than you would have to use the Yankees avatar and sig longer than I would have to wear the Red Sox avatar and sig. Scared?
                  Ah, there it is! time to pay up, MR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                    Ah, there it is! time to pay up, MR.
                    Fine, PM me which avatar and sig you want me to use

I have to say they really turned it around from that point onwards though

Maybe I shoudl try it against next year onky before they fall into a huge hole
                    Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 10-09-2007, 06:11 PM.
                    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Fine, PM me which avatar and sig you want me to use

I have to say they really turned it around from that point onwards though

Maybe I shoudl try it against next year onky before they fall into a huge hole
                      Don't do it! I've known that kid for a long time. He's really a space alien who happens to eat chowda! Heck, I'm sure there are others (Ken, SDL, etc), but that's besides the point.

Don't wear any red or anything. Make sure you root for the Indians, as any good Yankee fan would!

Chief Wahoo Rules!
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• LOL........ Ken and Mattingly have combined for 3,100 posts in this thread ALONE!

Comment

• So....is George looking for another bedfellow?

Last edited by Dirt Dog; 10-10-2007, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                            Don't do it! I've known that kid for a long time. He's really a space alien who happens to eat chowda! Heck, I'm sure there are others (Ken, SDL, etc), but that's besides the point.

Don't wear any red or anything. Make sure you root for the Indians, as any good Yankee fan would!

Chief Wahoo Rules!
                            DOn't worry I`ll get him back good next year.....
                            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

DOn't worry I`ll get him back good next year.....
                              Aw, decided to take the safe way out and bet on the Sox next year?

Comment

• You were saying?

WAHHHHHHHHHH!:
                                http://www.nomaas.org/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X