This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    Even though you're 4 games up in the WC, you still haven't made it to October yet . . .

Face it. Your 12 year reign is done.**
    "The king is dead, long live the king!"

** I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me & bite me in the ass...
    Hey the Thousand Year Reich lasted only 12 years (Thank Goodness). All I want to say with this is that nothing lasts forever. But the season is not over yet.

We'll meet again.

Comment

• Yeah, as a matter of fact, we'll see you Yankees at Fenway Park this week, and we'll be ready for you. And it seems like you're trying to ride on the success of A-Rod, but be careful IF he makes the playoffs, as he'll be hitting .050 to .225.

Are you sure you want to challenge the Boston Red Sox? Are you really sure? *laughs insanely*

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
        Yeah, as a matter of fact, we'll see you Yankees at Fenway Park this week, and we'll be ready for you. And it seems like you're trying to ride on the success of A-Rod, but be careful IF he makes the playoffs, as he'll be hitting .050 to .225.

Are you sure you want to challenge the Boston Red Sox? Are you really sure? *laughs insanely*
        That one blolded word pretty much describes all Boston fans
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
          That one blolded word pretty much describes all Boston fans
          Actually, I'd say this drawing denotes insanity...
          Attached Files
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
            If that bet was made the opposite way after the 2004 WS you would have had to use a Yankees avatar.

How about this, if the Yankees last longer than the Red Sox do than you have to wear and Yankees avatar and sig until Manny reports to ST

If the Red Sox last longer than the Yankees than I have to wear a Red Sox avatar and sig until New Years Day

Since the Red Sox have the division lead and the Yankees are 4th in the WC than you would have to use the Yankees avatar and sig longer than I would have to wear the Red Sox avatar and sig. Scared?
            Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
            Deal. But if neither win the playoffs or if neither makes it pass the ALDS, is it there a tie? Maybe we should have to wear Devil Ray avatars. Remember the rules, as always, no editing posts that contain bet information and all that stuff.
            Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
            Than we both lose and have to wear the other team's avatar and sig until the WS ends.
            Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
            Ok. Deal.
            Just a friendly reminder......
            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Regardless of how the Fenway game ends, do any Beantowners here still doubt that Tampa Bay can be spoilers this time of year? I thought that KC would've won at least 1 game off the Yanks, but a sweep was nice.

TB was up 8-1 earlier, but now it's 8-4. It'll take some effort, but it's still the 4th inning. In either case, can Boston fans really wonder how the Yanks lost 2 of 3 to that team?

Hey, you folks are in 1st, so a similar series loss to you guys & gals would seem to be a bigger blow, wouldn't you say?
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                Regardless of how the Fenway game ends, do any Beantowners here still doubt that Tampa Bay can be spoilers this time of year? I thought that KC would've won at least 1 game off the Yanks, but a sweep was nice.

TB was up 8-1 earlier, but now it's 8-4. It'll take some effort, but it's still the 4th inning. In either case, can Boston fans really wonder how the Yanks lost 2 of 3 to that team?

Hey, you folks are in 1st, so a similar series loss to you guys & gals would seem to be a bigger blow, wouldn't you say?
                Tied as we speak at 9-9. Some guy who was fortunate to escape the Yankee organization...I think his name is Lowell...4 for 4 so far in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                  Tied as we speak at 9-9. Some guy who was fortunate to escape the Yankee organization...I think his name is Lowell...4 for 4 so far in the game.
                  After a 5 run 6th, it is 13-9 with a runner on third with 2 down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                    After a 5 run 6th, it is 13-9 with a runner on third with 2 down.
                    14-9 in the middle of the 7th.

What's making it even more enjoyable is watching it on the Rays TV network and hearing DeWayne Staats and Schilling's "buddy" Joe Magrane do the PBP

Comment

14-9 in the middle of the 7th.

What's making it even more enjoyable is watching it on the Rays TV network and hearing DeWayne Staats and Schilling's "buddy" Joe Magrane do the PBP
                      15-9 in the 7th with a Papi Bullpen Blast! (sounds like a new DeAngelo's combo meal). And now 16-7 with a Drew HR!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                        15-9 in the 7th with a Papi Bullpen Blast! (sounds like a new DeAngelo's combo meal). And now 16-7 with a Drew HR!!!
                        Damn...

I'm now drooling at the thought of a Inside Pokket from D'Angelos....

Comment

• The magic number is...

A salute to former Sox SS John Valentin and to fan favorite Lou Merloni who wore it during his second stint with the Sox in '03..

Comment

How many times are you going to conveniently ignore the truth. Wakefield was knocked out of the game after 3 IP. We beat your 3 best pitchers (Beckett, Matsuzaka and Schill), and Alex Rodriguez is looking like the runaway MVP, playing 3B. Which part of these are hard to understand for you?

Yes, Lowell is good. You wish to compare him to Alex Rodriguez, go ahead. No more of that "Nomah is better" stuff either. We don't talk lame junk like that.

Right now, if not for their total bullpen collapse, TB was looking to take 2 of 3 from Boston. Rubber match tomorrow.
                            Originally posted by SDL View Post
                            The magic number is...

A salute to former Sox SS John Valentin and to fan favorite Lou Merloni who wore it during his second stint with the Sox in '03..
                            What number do you get if you double that #13?

Anyway, you sure that #13 isn't a tribute to the best third bagger in the American League? Alexander the Great!
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                              How many times are you going to conveniently ignore the truth. Wakefield was knocked out of the game after 3 IP. We beat your 3 best pitchers (Beckett, Matsuzaka and Schill), and Alex Rodriguez is looking like the runaway MVP, playing 3B. Which part of these are hard to understand for you?

Yes, Lowell is good. You wish to compare him to Alex Rodriguez, go ahead. No more of that "Nomah is better" stuff either. We don't talk lame junk like that.

Right now, if not for their total bullpen collapse, TB was looking to take 2 of 3 from Boston. Rubber match tomorrow.

What number do you get if you double that #13?

Anyway, you sure that #13 isn't a tribute to the best third bagger in the American League? Alexander the Great!
                              Hey..how many rings does A-Rod have? The man is a CURSE, I tell ya!

13 x 2 is 26...worn by stars of the past such as Earl Wilson who threw a no-no for the Sox...Bill Henry, who is NOT dead, and Reggie Cleveland who, had Zimmer not had a personal dislike of him and sold him to Texas just before the '78 season started, might have made sure we didn't blow that 14 game lead that year...

Also worn by the great Bruins defenseman of those Stanley Cup teams of '70 and '72..Don Awrey!
                              Last edited by SDL; 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Hey..how many rings does A-Rod have? The man is a CURSE, I tell ya!

13 x 2 is 26...worn by stars of the past such as Earl Wilson who threw a no-no for the Sox...Bill Henry, who is NOT dead, and Reggie Cleveland who, had Zimmer not had a personal dislike of him and sold him to Texas just before the '78 season started, might have made sure we didn't blow that 14 game lead that year...

Also worn by the great Bruins defenseman of those Stanley Cup teams of '70 and '72..Don Awrey!
                                I'm curious, when are you going to answer things other than those parts of a question which favor you? Such as the ones I'd asked?

I'm not the least bit concerned here about any Pats, Bruins or Celtics players. This is a baseball forum, not some NE fan section.

You'd mentioned Mike Lowell going 4-for-4. That's fine. I'd mentioned Alex Rodriguez. Did you read that part? Do you wish to compare Lowell to Rodriguez? Yes or no? Who's looking like the runaway AL MVP candidate? Can you even admit who this is w/o changing the topic? Let me start it off.

Lowell has 18 jacks and 103 RBI. Compare that to Alex' 52 and 140 RBI, then an OPS that's almost 1.100. That's about .220 higher. One is a very good hitting third bagger most teams would enjoy having. Another is an elite athlete.

BTW, Don Zimmer was your manager. Who was the GM in 1978? Did Zim have a role in Reggie Cleveland's trade? If so, please specify.

So a RS fan is calling the Yanks cursed? This despite nothing from 1919 through 2003? That's quite a few years. So a 32-yr-old player is cursed? You sure you haven't been believing too much of the anti-A-Rod stuff the Yankee-hating media pours out? How would you describe Ted Williams, Carl Yasztremski and Barry Bonds then? I really can't stand bringing up their names, but none of them have any rings either. Nothing can ever change that.

I really think you need to put this anti-Yankee thing in perspective, since it's just a game.
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 09-12-2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X