X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by runningshoes
    Nah.

It's the other way around The Indians are jinxed because of it.

You certainly stuck your foot in it this time.

When this is over we will bestow our first ever accolades to a member of the Evil Empire. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Originally posted by runningshoes
    So now it's going to be 11.
    I hate quote myself, Chris, but under these circumstances i think it's warranted.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Been a die hard Yankee fan all my life and these are not happy times. I am not only a Yankee fan but a fan of the game and you just have to appreciate how the Bosox came back. Got off the floor and did it convincingly, hats off the Boston Red Sox.

I only hope that the Yanks realize the name of the game is pitching, especially in a 5 or 7 game series. It's the same old story if a teams pitching can negate that great Yankee hitting in a couple of games the Yanks are in trouble. There is not much time to come back, it's 5 or 7 games not 162 games. I hope they learned a lesson.

Mean time, the Bosox prove to be the best in the AL this year and a worthy opponent for any team in the NL.

Comment

• Classy post, SJ3.
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• So how's Jeter's golf game going? What's he shooting now?

And in regards to some guy who used to wear #18 in Boston...hope that extra $2 mil is buying him a lot of popcorn and snacks so he can watch his FORMER team in the series. (hint, D***n..games are on FOX 35 in your area)

Hats off to Kevin Millar, who unlike J****y D***n did not burn his bridges. Even saluted Pedroia for making him proud to see his #15 worn by a budding superstar...
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey, SDL, which year is it? 2007 or 2090? I thought so!

Seriously, congrats, but I won't be the same if you guys win. Great pitching, nice performance, the bats cooked Cleveland the way I'd wished the Yanks would've, and Okajima came back just in time after he & Matsuzaka struggled in September.

Best of luck, but I presume you know who I'm rooting for. At least your guys played nicely.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
              Hey, SDL, which year is it? 2007 or 2090? I thought so!

Seriously, congrats, but I won't be the same if you guys win. Great pitching, nice performance, the bats cooked Cleveland the way I'd wished the Yanks would've, and Okajima came back just in time after he & Matsuzaka struggled in September.

Best of luck, but I presume you know who I'm rooting for. At least your guys played nicely.
              Ain't it great to be a New England sports fan?

Sox in the Series.

Patriots are 7-0

Celts are picked to win the NBA East

Bruins may get back some of their glory.

Life is good

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                Ain't it great to be a New England sports fan?

Sox in the Series.

Patriots are 7-0

Celts are picked to win the NBA East

Bruins may get back some of their glory.

Life is good
                Also, Umass is 6-1 (there only lost was to BC) .

Comment

• Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                  I hate quote myself, Chris, but under these circumstances i think it's warranted.
                  You hate to quote yourself? Contradiction or what????

Ah, you guys were just lucky!!! The Indians already started celebrating after their 3-1 lead. And if you win it all, it will only be because the Rockies are out of their groove too long.

Since I was rooting for the losing teams these play offs, I think I better start to root for the Sox...

Wait 'til next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                    Since I was rooting for the losing teams these play offs, I think I better start to root for the Sox...
                    Knew that someday you'd some to your senses

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      Knew that someday you'd some to your senses
                      Do you realize that you can explain this in different ways?

Comment

• I'd like to welcome the newest member of RSN to the club:

Hiya, Rudy. Welcome to the light side.

(By the way, 13-1 Sox. )

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                          I'd like to welcome the newest member of RSN to the club:

Hiya, Rudy. Welcome to the light side.

(By the way, 13-1 Sox. )
                          Looks like he gave the Yankee fan vote to Hillary

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                            (By the way, 13-1 Sox. )
                            What I feared happened. Like I said before, the Rockies' rest was too long. They are out of their groove. And besides that; I think that inexperience comes around the corner here as well... I don't want to watch a boring WS where one team is totally dominant. So no WS for me this year.

See ya all next season.

Comment

• Mets fans don't count as baseball fans! LOL j/k
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
                                So how do you think Jeter's enjoying another early-starting golf season?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X