X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Ken & Mistah Magic Numbah?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      Where's Ken & Mistah Magic Numbah?
      I believe it's 9 . . .
      Ken Fougère

Comment

Where's Ken & Mistah Magic Numbah?
        I;'m here and the number is still 9[/FONT]
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Announcement to all Beantowners:

Yer Magic Numbah has just gone POOF!

Now then, all shipments of Bahstunned Clam Chowda has been immediately suspended, and they will all be served cold from the icebox for the remainder of the week.

Y'all can just eat some Maine lobster and be off with you!

Yankees win. THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
          YANKEES
          WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• The Empire Strikes Again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cajun Yankee View Post
              The Empire Strikes Again!

Apprently the Evil Empire rebuilt the .406 club before blowing it up. Odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                I;'m here and the number is still 9[/FONT]
                Next to a Montgomery Biscuits Southern League Championship, what could make my day even better...? Yes, a Yankee win over Boston of course. Thank you Beantown for making my day. :bowdown:

Hey what a coincidence. Nine is my uniform number as well. Which great and famous ball player wore that number as well? Oh yeah ROGER MARIS

Must be a bad omen. :crossfingers:

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                  Next to a Montgomery Biscuits Southern League Championship, what could make my day even better...? Yes, a Yankee win over Boston of course. Thank you Beantown for making my day. :bowdown:

Hey what a coincidence. Nine is my uniform number as well. Which great and famous ball player wore that number as well? Oh yeah ROGER MARIS

We have TWO #9's retired in Boston...Ted and The Chief. Both are in their respective sports Hall Of Fame.

Graig Nettles also wore #9 as well..same guy who tried to rip Spaceman's arm out of it's socket in '76...

Comment

We have TWO #9's retired in Boston...Ted and The Chief. Both are in their respective sports Hall Of Fame.

Graig Nettles also wore #9 as well..same guy who tried to rip Spaceman's arm out of it's socket in '76...

Than it MUST be a bad omen for you guys.

Comment

Than it MUST be a bad omen for you guys.
                      Well, I have not heard my Reubenesqe ex-fiancee singing...of course I haven't spoken to her in over 23 years, so that is a good omen

Comment

Well, I have not heard my Reubenesqe ex-fiancee singing...of course I haven't spoken to her in over 23 years, so that is a good omen
                        As much as I hate Sox fans I will not wish Marriage on anyone
                        "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

I wore #9 during high school baseball as well (Williams died about a month before we picked our numbers, so it was a tribute to him). Looks like I cancel out your bad omen.
                          Last edited by Westlake; 09-17-2007, 02:44 PM.
                          Originally posted by Domenic
                          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Shouldn't Boston fans be required to wear Yankee avs after losing 2 out of 3 in such a gut-wrenching manner? Isn't that one of those "unspoken rules" I've heard about for this thread?

Yankeebiscuit, do you concur?

Anyway, I have some dishes to be washed, floors to be mopped and clothes to be laundered. Any Beantowners up for it? If so, be here bright & early, make sure everything's squeaky clean. Oh yeah, be sure to make yourselves an appointment! Otherwise, no chowda for any of you!
                            Last edited by Mattingly; 09-17-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                              I wore #9 during high school baseball as well. Looks like I cancel out your bad omen.
                              You WORE #9. I still WEAR #9. So the bad omen's on your side...
                              Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Shouldn't Boston fans be required to wear Yankee avs after losing 2 out of 3? Isn't that one of those "unspoken rules" I've heard about for this thread?

Yankeebiscuit, do you concur?

Anyway, I have some dishes to be washed and floors to be mopped, clothes to be laundered. Any Beantowners up for it? If so, be here bright & early. Oh yeah, be sure to make yourselves an appointment!
                                I absolutely concur. Beantown fans should be wearing Yankee avs and sigs until the end of the regular season. Maybe even better: They should be converted to Yankee fans.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X