Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even You New Englanders have to admit Belichick acted like a jerk walking off the field into the lockerroom with one play to go! The players at least where classy, but Belichick just came off as a totally baby sour loser!
    39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
    2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      Strange I never heard you talk like that when the Pats won it all...

Just to rub things in some photos for Ken and SDL.

Ouch! Sacked!

And I'm now living on the couch...exiled from the bedroom by my Giants fan wife...
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I dislike Eli Manning very much.
        Last edited by Westlake; 02-03-2008, 11:19 PM.
        Originally posted by Domenic
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
          Last thing about all that, did anyone noticed playing up the whole Boston Vs New York thing on the pre-game? I know it's fun to rag on each other on here, and I understand the rivalry because we all live in the same area of the country and we are basically very simular with only minor differences ( Just have to talk to my relatives in Northern Irealand about that!)

But, The only sport that that Rivalry is really true is baseball. I think the media has totally blown The Yankees/Redsox Rivalry out of proportion! It's now now spread to other sports. The Giants real rival is the Eagles or the Cowboys. The Knicks and Celtics haven't really ever been that big of a rivalry nither the Rangers and the Bruins are that big of rivals. I am even getting sick of all the attention New York and Boston gets in the media!
          Knicks and Celts not a rivalry????? Where were you in the 70s??? same with Bruins & Rangers

Never been to BU, have you? It's like a borough of NYC in Boston...disgusting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
            I dislike Eli Manning very much.
            they do sell this shirt outside of Gillette I am told. I will have to have somebody get me one...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
              Knicks and Celts not a rivalry????? Where were you in the 70s??? same with Bruins & Rangers

Never been to BU, have you? It's like a borough of NYC in Boston...disgusting!
              Actually I regreted writing Knicks and Celtic they where a rivalry, but nothing like Yanks/Sox. I was born in November of '79 so you have to excuse me on that my memory of the 70's are a bit fuzzy being a month old More I was trying to make the point that the New England New York Rivalry is gettting a little much in the media. My Sister went to BU, what do you mean? If you mean there is alot of NYC students same thing with SUNY, (actually Long Island) and you know what I hear you, little annoying spoilded brats!
              39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
              2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

And I'm now living on the couch...exiled from the bedroom by my Giants fan wife...
                Huh? I thought you would be expelled if the Pats would win...

Bad day for you...

Your Bostonians worst nightmare has come true. Your quarterback is a YANKEE FAN and you have been beaten by the NY Giants.

More luck next year.

Comment

Huh? I thought you would be expelled if the Pats would win...

Bad day for you...

Your Bostonians worst nightmare has come true. Your quarterback is a YANKEE FAN and you have been beaten by the NY Giants.

More luck next year.
                  Well, let's keep the NFL chatter for our sister site, www.pigskin-fever.com.

My parting shot would be that Jessica Simpson and Gisele Bündchen now have something in common, despite looking nothing like one another.

Back to baseball, folks, or at least mix in a good amount of baseball discussion when comparing to other sports!
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                    Well, let's keep the NFL chatter for our sister site, www.pigskin-fever.com.

My parting shot would be that Jessica Simpson and Gisele Bündchen now have something in common, despite looking nothing like one another.

Back to baseball, folks, or at least mix in a good amount of baseball discussion when comparing to other sports!
                    At least Gisele Bundchen knows that buffaloes do NOT have wings!

So how about those Celtics? Looks like the FORMER TORONTO BLUE JAY SECOND BASEMAN is doing a great job now in Beantown

ST is around the corner and I can't wait to drive to Legends Field for a good laugh

Comment

So how about those Celtics? Looks like the FORMER TORONTO BLUE JAY SECOND BASEMAN is doing a great job now in Beantown

ST is around the corner and I can't wait to drive to Legends Field for a good laugh
                      Sounds good: Buffalo wings. Must be better than chicken wings...

Comment

Sounds good: Buffalo wings. Must be better than chicken wings...
                        Does she know that Chicken of the Sea is actually tuna, not chicken? Hmmmmmmmmm.
                        Originally posted by SDL View Post

I think that the sails are already out on SS Beantown. Some seems to be taking in water.

Here's a nice book for you to read, right alongside that "World Series 2003" thing at Fenway:

Link

Seriously, you folks need to relax. Once you go around acting like winning is inevitable, then you sound like the people you complain about so often: Yankee fans. You think that we didn't notice little kids holding up those WS trophy replicas? If little Yankee fan kids did that, you think that you folks wouldn't notice this?

If we ever acted like it's just so easy to win, like it was something we could expect, you folks would've been giving us the business nonstop. You folks need to be humble sometime. If not, then the little "18-1" thing should humble (if not humiliate) you one way or the next. Either case, I think that humility is always a great thing. If not humbled by one's personal manners, then by loss of game based upon acting as if it were inevitable.

Where's Ken? That ground must be hard at his house.
                        Last edited by Mattingly; 02-04-2008, 08:21 AM.
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Let's return to baseball, since the NFL discussion has been decided: 18-1.
                          Amen to that . . .
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                            Amen to that . . .
                            Of course. Hey, why don't you just wear a Yankee sig and av anyway? Just for the decency of all of Beantown?

I think that Brady wearing a Yankee cap would suffice. Gisele had lots of Yankee fans, so any pic of her would be great.

Comment

Of course. Hey, why don't you just wear a Yankee sig and av anyway? Just for the decency of all of Beantown?

I think that Brady wearing a Yankee cap would suffice. Gisele had lots of Yankee fans, so any pic of her would be great.
                              I have NO problem with her pic. No problem at all . . .

Last edited by KenFougere; 02-08-2008, 01:06 AM.
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                                I have NO problem with her pic. No problem at all . . .

in 2000, I advised a Red Sox farmhand that wen he got to the Sox he better stop wearing his Redskins cap..he said he wouldn't..was academic...he got traded away later that year

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X