Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mattingly
    Is he better than Pedro? If not, who'll be zooming who? Even a game Boomer started, we beat Pedro.
    We'll see my fried, we will see.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tearforamariner
      We'll see my fried, we will see.
      Well, win or lose, I'll be smack talking the guy next to me. Gee, I wonder which poor soul that would be.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly
        Well, win or lose, I'll be smack talking the guy next to me. Gee, I wonder which poor soul that would be.
        That would be the guy next to you watching Ichiro hit a long one to straight away center.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tearforamariner
          That would be the guy next to you watching Ichiro hit a long one to straight away center.
          BP jacks don't count.

          Besides, I know that Rocket has quieted Ichiro in the past. All those Japanese fans (the thing they wave, not the people), all the double espressos in the world won't get him to beat our boys. Perhaps 1 of 3, but that's it.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mattingly
            BP jacks don't count.

            Besides, I know that Rocket has quieted Ichiro in the past. All those Japanese fans (the thing they wave, not the people), all the double espressos in the world won't get him to beat our boys. Perhaps 1 of 3, but that's it.
            I can see the Headlines now:

            Ichiro defeats Godzilla
            Alfonzo sits second fiddle to Boone
            Piniero No Hits the Yankees
            Freddy gets off Slump (Hey, it could happen )

            Comment


            • I think the A's have a good shot at sweeping the Yanks this weekend.
              WAR? Prove it!

              Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Zito75
                I think the A's have a good shot at sweeping the Yanks this weekend.
                Not going to happen. As much as I would love to see the Yankees lose, I will not let them get swept by the A's. Didn't you know I had the power to stop things like this from happening?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                  I can see the Headlines now:

                  Ichiro defeats Godzilla
                  Alfonzo sits second fiddle to Boone
                  Piniero No Hits the Yankees
                  Freddy gets off Slump (Hey, it could happen )
                  I guess this puts a new spin on "Fantasy Baseball"! BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh well, here's where you can post your "thoughts":

                  http://www.theonion.com/onion3929/index.html

                  BTW, how does a RF defeat a LF? For Sori, he needs to sit, since he's slumping right now. A bucket of cement to keep him on the bench would be nice.

                  You know, when Todd Zeile has a 1.000 OPS against Pineiro, as does Bernie, Jeter, Matsui and Boone), that's not exactly in your favor, considering how putrid Zeile is at 3B and in the box.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                  Comment


                  • Will Zeile ever see anymore playing time?
                    WAR? Prove it!

                    Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mattingly
                      I guess this puts a new spin on "Fantasy Baseball"! BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh well, here's where you can post your "thoughts":

                      http://www.theonion.com/onion3929/index.html

                      BTW, how does a RF defeat a LF? For Sori, he needs to sit, since he's slumping right now. A bucket of cement to keep him on the bench would be nice.

                      You know, when Todd Zeile has a 1.000 OPS against Pineiro, as does Bernie, Jeter, Matsui and Boone), that's not exactly in your favor, considering how putrid Zeile is at 3B and in the box.
                      True, but Piniero's hot now. Earlier this season, he couldn't stop giving up first inning runs. Now, he doesn't give up any runs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zito75
                        I think the A's have a good shot at sweeping the Yanks this weekend.
                        Not if Armando stays on the bench and Soriano doesn't brain fart in the field, you won't.

                        Jeff will *Weave* his magic, Zito will be highly impressed (and taken out early)!
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                          True, but Piniero's hot now. Earlier this season, he couldn't stop giving up first inning runs. Now, he doesn't give up any runs
                          Time to break out of that nasty habit!

                          *Runs to the kitchen, busts out the pneumatic can opener*

                          I'll check you and Zito75 out later on.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Zito75
                            Will Zeile ever see anymore playing time?
                            Perhaps Joe's finally come to his senses, drilled his arse onto the bench, allowing him only to cheer on his team. Now if only he'd join Trammel and go AWOL.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                            Comment


                            • Should be an interesting series. I'll hit you up later Mattingly, have a good one.
                              WAR? Prove it!

                              Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Zito75
                                Should be an interesting series. I'll hit you up later Mattingly, have a good one.
                                Thanks, and hope you enjoy it also. Meanwhile, I'd like to see Benitez and Soriano not used other than in an emergency (like extra innings), and hopefully, guys like Hammond and Hitchcock will at least get to remember what it's like pitching, unlike the overused Benitez.
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X