Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
    no offence but I hate the red sox fans who decide to cheer for every team near the red sox because they are well close to the red sox. They think the teams are related or something.

    I don't cheer for all new york teams:

    Baseball - Yankees
    Football - Colts (including post 2006-07 season)
    Hockey - Avlanche
    Basketball - don't really care, maybe Heat, I use them in NBA Live 07
    Its called being proud of your region. Would you root for Italy to win WW2 because you think their guns are cool? No, you root for America because they are from your place and represent you.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
      And if any red sox fans looked at Nascar, they would be Roush Racing fans, though then again, they actualy have a relation to Fenway sports group.
      Just because I live in the South now does not mean I'm now a NASCAR fan. In fact, I'm quite the opposite
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
        Its called being proud of your region. Would you root for Italy to win WW2 because you think their guns are cool? No, you root for America because they are from your place and represent you.
        Kind of what I try to get through the thick-skulls that live down here.

        You can take the boy out of Boston but you cannot take Boston out of the boy...
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Westlake View Post
          Hmm...

          Boston Red Sox

          Boston Bruins

          Boston Celtics

          Looks related to me.
          And I think the New England Patriots were once the Boston Patriots. Their stadium is close to Boston. New England has always had a strong sense of regional identity. When I was a kid, I tracked Milwaukee for a number of years, even though I lived in Massachusetts, because the Braves were originally from Boston.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sandlot View Post
            And I think the New England Patriots were once the Boston Patriots. Their stadium is close to Boston. New England has always had a strong sense of regional identity. When I was a kid, I tracked Milwaukee for a number of years, even though I lived in Massachusetts, because the Braves were originally from Boston.
            They were the Boston Patriots from 1960-70 when they moved to Schaefer (later Foxboro) Stadium in 1971.

            The Braves have been designated the Red Sox' natural rival for interleague play, no doubt because of the Boston connection.
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
              Bad taste or what?
              - Could the 'bad taste' you're referring to be the taste left in your mouth from the Red Sox winning championship #2 in the last 4 years?* -

              * -
              Just a thought . . .
              Ken Fougère

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                Unless the Bruins and Celts win it all, Boston will still be LOSERVILLE...
                Wow. Still can't get that 'sour grape' taste out of your mouth yet, huh?
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • Who was stupid enough to let THIS third baseman go and now is a World Series MVP and did well in Boston this year?



                  Sorry, but if you want Mike Lowell back with the Yankees, you'll have to trade all your prospects for him and an ancient relic. Mwahahahaha!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                    Wow. Still can't get that 'sour grape' taste out of your mouth yet, huh?
                    Yup!

                    But you must know how that tastes. You have lived through a longer drought than we have.
                    Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                      - Could the 'bad taste' you're referring to be the taste left in your mouth from the Red Sox winning championship #2 in the last 4 years?* -

                      * -
                      Just a thought . . .
                      Just wait 'til next year! Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Or the next.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
                        o my gosh, there is a new curse!!


                        When the red sox won this past world series, they won 3 years after they broke their 86 year winning streak. There last batter of this world series was number 33. As in 3 again. Cracking open the curse of the famous number 3 Babe Ruth.

                        The curse of the bambino relived, sending the red sox in another 86 year drought.

                        Enjoy! :gt
                        Yeah, but we ain't selling Varitek to the Yankees so we can finance "No No Nannette."
                        Last edited by SDL; 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM.
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • IF the Red Sox will acquire A-Rod, I will fall of my chair with laughter.

                          All those Boston A-Rod haters will have to live with him. I wonder if they will jump on him when he will yell behind the back of a certain Blue Jays third baseman, if he wears a Red Sox jersey.

                          Don't get me wrong, the grape is not sour here. I really wanted him to be on our team. I still think that he is a great player. Greedy yes . But still a great player.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                            IF the Red Sox will acquire A-Rod, I will fall of my chair with laughter.

                            All those Boston A-Rod haters will have to live with him. I wonder if they will jump on him when he will yell behind the back of a certain Blue Jays third baseman, if he wears a Red Sox jersey.

                            Don't get me wrong, the grape is not sour here. I really wanted him to be on our team. I still think that he is a great player. Greedy yes . But still a great player.
                            A-Rod will NOT be with the Sox. We do NOT want him...we'll keep Lowell and Lugo, thank you.

                            He'll stay in NYC...but over in Queens. Or he'll rejoin Pinella with the Cubs
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                              Who was stupid enough to let THIS third baseman go and now is a World Series MVP and did well in Boston this year?



                              Sorry, but if you want Mike Lowell back with the Yankees, you'll have to trade all your prospects for him and an ancient relic. Mwahahahaha!
                              Doubt Lowell will go to the Yankees. He likes his goatee and we all know Joey Pitbull doesn't like facial hair...
                              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                                Its called being proud of your region. Would you root for Italy to win WW2 because you think their guns are cool? No, you root for America because they are from your place and represent you.
                                you put war on the same level as a sport!!!! :hyper: My gosh whats wrong with you!
                                LETS GO YANKEES!

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X