Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    *kicks the newbie off the island, banishes him to wearing a Pats jersey in NY Giants country!*

    All you Beantowners beg for mercy before you all get vanquished by the New York Yankees!
    it ain't happening chief. so why don't u go ahead and go sing britney spears into your hairbrush. u guys are old news. it's gonna be a long time before u guys even make it it to the series so just keep second place warm.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
      it ain't happening chief. so why don't u go ahead and go sing britney spears into your hairbrush. u guys are old news. it's gonna be a long time before u guys even make it it to the series so just keep second place warm.
      [BugsBunnyVoice]You do of course know, this means war![/BugsBunnyVoice]
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        [BugsBunnyVoice]You do of course know, this means war![/BugsBunnyVoice]
        This JerseySoxFan19 sounds more like Elmer J. Fudd.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          This JerseySoxFan19 sounds more like Elmer J. Fudd.
          nooooo, his nam's wiley coyote

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            All you Beantowners beg for mercy before you all get vanquished by the New York Yankees!
            The only ones doing the begging will be you and your sordid masses. :cap:
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
              For us Europeans, he IS a bad joke...
              You`re not alone
              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                By the way...how did losing the Johan Santana sweepstakes to your cross-town rivals go, Yankee fans?
                Most Yankees fans were against the trade. At least thats the sense I got.
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                  Moving right along - there's still time to decide on the Bitter Rivals, guys. Just one ST game and that's it - before they invade Beantown for the April 11-13 series. Does THIS look familiar to Yankee fans when they were in Beantown nearly four years ago? Sure it is.



                  Let's see how this goes next month on April 11th, when the two bitter rivals collide at long last. But first is the first breath between the two rivals on St. Patrick's Day - who will win the game of bragging rights? Even if it's two weeks away, there's still time.

                  (Probably will get the Bucky Dent home run as a counterattack, bah XD)
                  You know, I kinda like this guy:

                  2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                    If they get on our nerves, we will throw them in the dark dungeons of Yankee Stadium and torture them with movies about our rich history (the 1978 Boston Massacre for example ).
                    That says it best, Chris.

                    Why don't you and the rest of your pinstripe prisoners () come closer to the light. At the end of the day, God hangs up his sox jersey and cap before turning in. Just try to imagine what you're missing. :cap:
                    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                    Carl Yastrzemski

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                      That says it best, Chris.

                      Why don't you and the rest of your pinstripe prisoners () come closer to the light. At the end of the day, God hangs up his sox jersey and cap before turning in. Just try to imagine what you're missing. :cap:
                      Here's what they missed - more chances to win the World Series. 1976 World Series comes into mind. The Yankees got the broom in that World Series to the Big Red Machine. And do NOT bring up the 1975 World Series...so close. Just so close to break the Curse of the Bambino...only by ONE run. ONE measly run.

                      Meanwhile, how did the Yankees do in their playoffs during these years: 1980, 1981, 1995, 1997, and from 2001 to last year?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                        Here's what they missed - more chances to win the World Series. 1976 World Series comes into mind. The Yankees got the broom in that World Series to the Big Red Machine. And do NOT bring up the 1975 World Series...so close. Just so close to break the Curse of the Bambino...only by ONE run. ONE measly run.

                        Meanwhile, how did the Yankees do in their playoffs during these years: 1980, 1981, 1995, 1997, and from 2001 to last year?
                        yeah, yeah, yeah, but its just a nicer, friendlier place to be. Can't we all agree on that?

                        Chris is talking about the dungeons in Yankee Stadium and that just reeks of ness. :cap:
                        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                        Carl Yastrzemski

                        Comment


                        • Has Joey Pitbull angered any players with his personal no-mustache rule?
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                            That says it best, Chris.

                            Why don't you and the rest of your pinstripe prisoners () come closer to the light. At the end of the day, God hangs up his sox jersey and cap before turning in. Just try to imagine what you're missing. :cap:
                            If God was a Red Sox fan, he would not have let you guys suffer for 86 years.

                            I bet every baseball fan is claiming that God is on his team's side. And that sounds a bit like WWI to me, where every nation claimed that God was on their side...

                            I think that if there is a God, he will be a neutral baseball fan.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                              Has Joey Pitbull angered any players with his personal no-mustache rule?
                              So YOU must be glad that you are not a Yankee then...

                              Hiya Scott

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                                Here's what they missed - more chances to win the World Series. 1976 World Series comes into mind. The Yankees got the broom in that World Series to the Big Red Machine. And do NOT bring up the 1975 World Series...so close. Just so close to break the Curse of the Bambino...only by ONE run. ONE measly run.

                                Meanwhile, how did the Yankees do in their playoffs during these years: 1980, 1981, 1995, 1997, and from 2001 to last year?
                                Tell me, how many times have you guys been in the World Series since the eighties? Oh yes only twice. How many times did you win? Oh yes only once.

                                How many times did you reach the play offs in the last twenty years? 1996, lost 4-3 to the Braves. 2000, lost 4-1 to the Mets. 2002, lost 4-1 to the Giants. 2005, lost 4-2 to the Astros.

                                In all those years, 6 play offs appearances and only won twice. And only one WS title.

                                Yup that is a lot better...

                                Oh and we were talking about bad jokes, didn't we?
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X