X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you'll never take us alive!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      Let me put it this way: I am not very keen on the Steinbrenners. Not Hank and certainly not George.
      Finally something sensible coming out of the mouth of a Yankees fan :bowdown:
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
        Well, he and I share the same citizenship, so he's not all bad
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Oh dear. Hell has frozen over. A Red Sox fan who is telling that a Yankee fan says something sensible.

Comment

• What's with this "Yankees" stuff, anyway?

--------------
            The Oxford English Dictionary states that one of the earliest theories on the word derivation is from the Cherokee word "eankke" for coward as applied to the residents of New England. Also, as the Northeastern Native American approximation of the words English and Anglais.[5] It has been rejected by some linguists.[6]

The Oxford English Dictionary suggests the most plausible origin to be that it is derived from the Dutch first names "Jan" and "Kees".
            --------------

OK, I liked the coward stuff until it said it originally applied to New Englanders (even though I'm not a native of that region). Too dangerous to tread there after that factoid.
            The second one is even better, because it explains the allegiance of the YBF.
            New York Jan Kees...I like it!!!
            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
              What's with this "Yankees" stuff, anyway?

--------------
              The Oxford English Dictionary states that one of the earliest theories on the word derivation is from the Cherokee word "eankke" for coward as applied to the residents of New England. Also, as the Northeastern Native American approximation of the words English and Anglais.[5] It has been rejected by some linguists.[6]

The Oxford English Dictionary suggests the most plausible origin to be that it is derived from the Dutch first names "Jan" and "Kees".
              --------------

OK, I liked the coward stuff until it said it originally applied to New Englanders (even though I'm not a native of that region). Too dangerous to tread there after that factoid.
              The second one is even better, because it explains the allegiance of the YBF.
              New York Jan Kees...I like it!!!
              Etymology is a bit difficult in some cases. Most of the time it is obvious where a word comes from but in this case... Both sound very plausible to me.

Comment

Etymology is a bit difficult in some cases. Most of the time it is obvious where a word comes from but in this case... Both sound very plausible to me.
                New York was a former Dutch colony...that seems most likely due to that tie in.
                Best posts ever:

Comment

Oh dear. Hell has frozen over. A Red Sox fan who is telling that a Yankee fan says something sensible.
                  who'd think that would happen. too bad i'm probably gonna start a blood feud with you when the season starts:cap:

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
                    who'd think that would happen. too bad i'm probably gonna start a blood feud with you when the season starts:cap:
                    'Dems fightin' words!!!!

Only three weeks to go!!!
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

• anything i say during the season please forget it when 08's past

Comment

New York was a former Dutch colony...that seems most likely due to that tie in.
                        I know. You know what we trade it for with the English? Surinam. Imagine that the Dutch would have kept New York, the first language probably would have been Dutch then. . Would have been a lot easier for me.

Comment

anything i say during the season please forget it when 08's past
                          What? Did anybody hear him say something?

Comment

What? Did anybody hear him say something?
                            that is most wise to not listen to me. i got some pretty un-called for mother references

Comment

that is most wise to not listen to me. i got some pretty un-called for mother references
                              Like what, "your mother is a Yankees fan!"?
                              Best posts ever:

Comment

• Awright People & Yankee Fans..

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                                This is so cruel.

The kid is crying because it is already linked with the Red Sox before it can say I want to be a Yankee fan...

Shame on you New England!
                                "It" is not a kid. SHE is the early famed Curious Boston.
                                Beautiful mop of hair, still a beautiful thick auburn mop.

NOW, LISTEN UP! I have dialup, dialup, do you hear? So enough already with 8 by 11 pictures.

If you thought I was a formidable female before, I have met and defeated the beast. I now have a fake body part, named Varitek. A cat can scratch it, a candle can set it on fire..under what they don't tell ya..a dentist can be dangerous, too. With my powerful DNA, I avoided radiation and chemo. Again with my powerful DNA, a perfect match with a little pill.

With my powerful DNA, and Varitek close to my heart-you Yankee fans had better behave yourselves. I'm not afraid of nothing. I slapped a surgical resident because he did not wash his hands, or glove. In front of the munchkins that were following him around. He got screamed at, too, for touching me before waking me up. Stupider than Selig.

I ordered the chief of anesthesia out of my room, after he sent a flunkie to try to make peace, after the fool did not listen to me. I was a tad peeved. Then I told them I was leaving-less than 24 hours was enough...

As to what I did to the medic who was trying to poke at me in a moving ambulance-the stupid fool resident, you see, had caused an infection. I was strapped down, he was sitting, luckily my good arm-left-was free. He was not strapped down. It's very simple, no one-no one- touches me without my permission. So he ended up curled on the floor of the ambulance, blah, blah...

The ER was simple-no, I'm not staying, give me antibiotics and I'm going home. For some reason, I think they thought I was a tad dangerous and stubborn.

So, I'm explaining this so you will realize I am different; my personality has changed. I'm a tad agressive and outspoken. But she was that way last year, you are saying. HA! Curious Boston is back!

Ain't no Yfan putting me in no trunk,box, magic anything. You bet I've got a bag of tricks. Play with me, tease me, but Matt, remember that guy from another forum? He's still at BF...I'll PM you.

So, let the season begin. Varitek is ready to go, Papelbon has a new pitch, Schilling should retire-and not go into politics in MA, I'd have to waste time campaigning against him. Schilling is a Republican-sly and deceitful. (Every word of that is true. It may infer that other Republicans are...)

Let DiceK and Beckett stay home, get good and rested. Francona is smart.

Manny cannot be my private chef. I have a chef in training. He peeled peanuts for me during the last World Series. I'm working him up to hot dogs with all the fixings. Very teachable, he called me baby once, now it's Honey, a quick learner, of course a Sox fan since birth.

Was Rivera really signed for four years?

Let us compare the brainpower of Steinbrenners 1, 2, 3. I almost-ALMOST-feel bad for Yfans.

SWEET CAROLINE...SO GOOD..SO GOOD...SO GOOD!
                                Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                                Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X