This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    I'ts great that Beantown finally got their ceremony at the White House. They even got to laugh at something real nice.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7848300?MSNHPHMA

Even in the White House, someone can still zing Beantown!
    I've never seen a President tell a bad joke....

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
      For us Europeans, he IS a bad joke...

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post

I think you need to expand your vision of rivialry. Besides, the BoSox have won a few pennants that the Yanks would have liked to have won themselves. But, unlike the Yanks, the BoSox never capitlized on the opportunities. True, it's bigger for BoSox fans than Yank fans. But hey, what franchise, in any sport, compares with the Yanks?*

*Montreal of the NHL?
        i think there's a japanese baseball team that has 28 championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
          anyone else think youk looks like agent smith?
          misteeer yooouuukilllous

Comment

• Well, I am back to torment-err, peg the Yankee fans again and again with silliness, and I have updated pictures for the New York Yankees posters here in time for 2008. You wanna peg SDL and Ken with the giant dump truck? Well, here is my response in a form of a "counterattack." Be prepared!

I found Mattingly, this time in his million dollar businessman personality, and he's apparently reading the Wall Street Journal to invest in more money than George Steinbrenner. So, pegged Ken and SDL, did you? I'll peg you back now. :P

By the way...how did losing the Johan Santana sweepstakes to your cross-town rivals go, Yankee fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
              Well, I am back to torment-err, peg the Yankee fans again and again with silliness, and I have updated pictures for the New York Yankees posters here in time for 2008. You wanna peg SDL and Ken with the giant dump truck? Well, here is my response in a form of a "counterattack." Be prepared!

I found Mattingly, this time in his million dollar businessman personality, and he's apparently reading the Wall Street Journal to invest in more money than George Steinbrenner. So, pegged Ken and SDL, did you? I'll peg you back now. :P

By the way...how did losing the Johan Santana sweepstakes to your cross-town rivals go, Yankee fans?
              The Mets may have him. If he keeps performing like he did today... Even better

I had to come to the aid of my pal Mattingly.

This is how Solar Wright will be in Busch Stadium this year... Says it all about the results of the Cards, doesn't it?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                For us Europeans, he IS a bad joke...
                He IS for most Americans too!
                39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Well, I am back to torment-err, peg the Yankee fans again and again with silliness, and I have updated pictures for the New York Yankees posters here in time for 2008. You wanna peg SDL and Ken with the giant dump truck? Well, here is my response in a form of a "counterattack." Be prepared!

The infamous Ted DiBiase. Heck, I'd take Hulk Hogan over him any day. Of course, I'd have to do so "minus" his vitamin pack.

Ever heard of Sean "Jay-Z" Carter?

I'll bet that DiBiase wishes he had money in the bank like that. True faithfulness like what we get from the rappers can never be manufactured. Bronx is the birthplace and home of hip-hop music, so worthy praise goes to the most famous part of da-da-da-da-da ... da Bronx, BAY-BEEEEEEEEEE!

Of course I'd love to have Santana. However, why lose either of Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain or Ian Kennedy over this, plus pay a monstrous salary *AND* take a chance on a long-term deal. Let's face it, after 900 innings over 4 uninjured seasons, it's chancy how good Santana will be from 2008 onward. I'm more envious of losing Josh Beckett to Beantown than anything else.

I think that Mets fans have some bragging rights about Santana, he's definitely an ace, but he has to show me the numbers *THIS SEASON* just like everyone else. Mets fans would be wise to worry more about what they do against Philly and Atlanta than against the Bronx team.
                  Last edited by Mattingly; 03-01-2008, 03:16 AM.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Moving right along - there's still time to decide on the Bitter Rivals, guys. Just one ST game and that's it - before they invade Beantown for the April 11-13 series. Does THIS look familiar to Yankee fans when they were in Beantown nearly four years ago? Sure it is.

Let's see how this goes next month on April 11th, when the two bitter rivals collide at long last. But first is the first breath between the two rivals on St. Patrick's Day - who will win the game of bragging rights? Even if it's two weeks away, there's still time.

(Probably will get the Bucky Dent home run as a counterattack, bah XD)

Comment

Moving right along - there's still time to decide on the Bitter Rivals, guys. Just one ST game and that's it - before they invade Beantown for the April 11-13 series. Does THIS look familiar to Yankee fans when they were in Beantown nearly four years ago? Sure it is.

Let's see how this goes next month on April 11th, when the two bitter rivals collide at long last. But first is the first breath between the two rivals on St. Patrick's Day - who will win the game of bragging rights? Even if it's two weeks away, there's still time.

(Probably will get the Bucky Dent home run as a counterattack, bah XD)
                      i like this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
                        i like this guy.
                        Strange, I don't...

Comment

i like this guy.
                          *kicks the newbie off the island, banishes him to wearing a Pats jersey in NY Giants country!*

All you Beantowners beg for mercy before you all get vanquished by the New York Yankees!
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

*kicks the newbie off the island, banishes him to wearing a Pats jersey in NY Giants country!*

All you Beantowners beg for mercy before you all get vanquished by the New York Yankees!
                            If they get on our nerves, we will throw them in the dark dungeons of Yankee Stadium and torture them with movies about our rich history (the 1978 Boston Massacre for example ).

Comment

it ain't happening chief. so why don't u go ahead and go sing britney spears into your hairbrush. u guys are old news. it's gonna be a long time before u guys even make it it to the series so just keep second place warm.

Comment

it ain't happening chief. so why don't u go ahead and go sing britney spears into your hairbrush. u guys are old news. it's gonna be a long time before u guys even make it it to the series so just keep second place warm.
                                [BugsBunnyVoice]You do of course know, this means war![/BugsBunnyVoice]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X