Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's for sure. How pathetic does a division have to be to be won by a team that wins just 83 games. We won 86 that year and didn't even make the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
      That's for sure. How pathetic does a division have to be to be won by a team that wins just 83 games. We won 86 that year and didn't even make the postseason.
      The 2000 New York Yankees and 1987 Minnesota Twins did that too - AND they won the World Series, with 87 and 85 wins, respectively. Weak division and lots of injuries was why the Cardinals only had 83 wins and won the division, but let's see:

Some of the 2000 New York Yankees are still playing for them: Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettite, and Mariano Rivera. And for the record...

WE'RE (RSN) responsible for the Bug Swarm in 2007's ALDS against the New York Yankees. Here's the judgmental truth right here:

Have fun in 2008, Yankees fans! Don't let the bugs swarm you again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
        The 2000 New York Yankees and 1987 Minnesota Twins did that too - AND they won the World Series, with 87 and 85 wins, respectively. Weak division and lots of injuries was why the Cardinals only had 83 wins and won the division, but let's see:

Some of the 2000 New York Yankees are still playing for them: Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettite, and Mariano Rivera. And for the record...

WE'RE (RSN) responsible for the Bug Swarm in 2007's ALDS against the New York Yankees. Here's the judgmental truth right here:

Have fun in 2008, Yankees fans! Don't let the bugs swarm you again!
        I knew it; genetic manipulated bugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          I knew it; genetic manipulated bugs.
          Never EVER underestimate us Bostonians. We're smarter than you think
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Never EVER underestimate us Bostonians. We're smarter than you think
            Boston is the center of genetic research and biotechnology after all
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
              Boston is the center of genetic research and biotechnology after all
              So now we know where all this HGH comes from...

Comment

• Speaking of Red Sox fans from the animal kingdom, a hawk attacked a middle school teenager at Fenway yesterday. She's fine, but here's the twist, Her name: Alexa Rodriguez. I kid you not. The Hawk soon apologized, citing it as a case of mistaken idenity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                  Speaking of Red Sox fans from the animal kingdom, a hawk attacked a middle school teenager at Fenway yesterday. She's fine, but here's the twist, Her name: Alexa Rodriguez. I kid you not. The Hawk soon apologized, citing it as a case of mistaken idenity.

Had to definitely be mistaken identity on the girl's part. The Hawk was in Detroit to do the Chisox/Tigers game for WGN...

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                    Speaking of Red Sox fans from the animal kingdom, a hawk attacked a middle school teenager at Fenway yesterday. She's fine, but here's the twist, Her name: Alexa Rodriguez. I kid you not. The Hawk soon apologized, citing it as a case of mistaken idenity.

I heard she did it because of peer pressure apparantly the flies who attacked the Yankees last year urged the hawk to do it

Comment

• The proof is there. Also genetic manipulated birds.

Comment

• New!:

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                          The proof is there. Also genetic manipulated birds.
                          It also helps when an unproven reliever throws two wild-pitches to score the tying run.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
                            It also helps when an unproven reliever throws two wild-pitches to score the tying run.
                            How's Manny Delcarmen doing? I've heard Frank Thomas say good things about him.

Loserboy & Losergirl Red Sox fans aren't allowed to post in here tonight. We won 2-0, you lost, 7-4. You were swept against a team we'd beaten 2 of 3 already.

Detroit will be heading into Fenway on Tuesday, so they should finally get a few wins in that series. Should soften you folks up before the Invincible Evil Empires walk right over you folks!
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Yeah..we lost.

Sun is still going to rise tomorrow.

Sawx still get rings on Tuesday.

Losing two out of three to the Rays?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                                How's Manny Delcarmen doing? I've heard Frank Thomas say good things about him.

Loserboy & Losergirl Red Sox fans aren't allowed to post in here tonight. We won 2-0, you lost, 7-4. You were swept against a team we'd beaten 2 of 3 already.

Detroit will be heading into Fenway on Tuesday, so they should finally get a few wins in that series. Should soften you folks up before the Invincible Evil Empires walk right over you folks!
                                I wouldn't celebrate too much yet, you were beaten two of three times by Tampa Bay so you don't have much to cheer about this weekend.
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X