Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by efin98 View Post
    When Sox/Yankees are bumped by Nascar in the late innings in a tight game...yeah, I'd call that boring.
    I've heard that yourself and Solair are big Nascar fans. Didn't I just see you two in the stands?



    That's Solair on the right.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post
      ...

      Now to devise sleeping arrangement for demon cat.

      ...
      [YBF brings in Houdini's cat carrier, delivered with a fish inside]
      CB: What the hell is this?
      YBF: It's a Dutch message. It means Houdini sleeps with the fishes.
      Last edited by hellborn; 04-14-2008, 08:06 AM. Reason: car carrier???
      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

      Comment


      • Slept with leash around my wrist

        A couple nights, and Houdini will learn. Probably easier to train than Pitbull. Gotta get a scratching thingie, label it NYY, rub in catnip-cat has double catnip gene-.

        Posada should be on DL, not field. There should be another catcher. Maybe Houdini could catch if Molina gets hurt, or runs away from the pitchers-how can you screw up a pitchout sign?

        Will Pittbull physically injure his players? Has he had rabies shot?

        ps-I was away celebrating Varitek's birthday.
        Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
        Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          That person played upon superstitions. If there's another shirt buried in there, then where was it buried?

          I think it's bad karma to do that to an opposing team, even if it's just "in fun" or whatever.

          In the meanwhile, since Manny was allowed to be pitched to with an open 1B, costing us a win we should've had and then depending upon a young Phil Hughes, this thread shall be temporarily suspended and y'all will be launched into cyberspace somewhere. Preferably one where chowda ceases to exist!
          I don't believe the story, I believe the Yankees cooked the whole thing up to try to get some sympathy and good publicity for the new stadium and the team...I doubt that anyone would NOT have stopped the guy from putting the shirt into the cement let alone not noticed one was in there in the first place.

          I call bologna on it.
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            I've heard that yourself and Solair are big Nascar fans. Didn't I just see you two in the stands?



            That's Solair on the right.
            Hey! I ain't no blonde and I don't have long hair!

            I am that fat and sit like that in seats though...
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

            Comment


            • Originally posted by efin98 View Post
              Hey! I ain't no blonde and I don't have long hair!

              I am that fat and sit like that in seats though...
              You don't have long hair? I've got news for you. The hair on your back is pretty long...

              Or did you kill some kind of animal to get that fur?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                I've heard that yourself and Solair are big Nascar fans. Didn't I just see you two in the stands?



                That's Solair on the right.
                Ah that's great, you're insulting me again. :P Now you get your chance of being insulted back! (cue evil laughter here)

                Well anyway, here is a confidential picture I got of Mattingly. How was that 3-game series against us? Round two is coming up this week - and there's no room to lose for the Red Sox Nation. Anyway, with no further interruption, here is Mattingly.

                Last edited by Solair Wright; 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                  You don't have long hair? I've got news for you. The hair on your back is pretty long...

                  Or did you kill some kind of animal to get that fur?
                  I'm not the one without the shirt...I have some dignity you know!
                  Best posts ever:
                  Originally posted by nymdan
                  Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                  Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                  I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                    I'm not the one without the shirt...I have some dignity you know!
                    There is some kind of paradox: A Red Sox fan with dignity?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                      There is some kind of paradox: A Red Sox fan with dignity?
                      It's like a Yankees fan without an ego or a Rays or Royals fan who actually believes their team has a shot at winning it all...
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                        It's like a Yankees fan without an ego or a Rays or Royals fan who actually believes their team has a shot at winning it all...
                        *BONK*

                        Comment


                        • I think I pushed the mute button on the Yankees fans. Maybe they were stunned at blowing a 5-run lead to the lowly Rays, but somehow managed to win that game 8-7. Just somehow, eh? How did being in last place feel? Not good, eh? Enjoy it while you can - you'll be sleeping in the cellar soon enough.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                            I think I pushed the mute button on the Yankees fans. Maybe they were stunned at blowing a 5-run lead to the lowly Rays, but somehow managed to win that game 8-7. Just somehow, eh? How did being in last place feel? Not good, eh? Enjoy it while you can - you'll be sleeping in the cellar soon enough. :ROFL:
                            Don't you have some Cubs fans to bully? Shouting some 1908 rant?

                            Leave us alone with OUR eternal rivals. That is bad enough.

                            Comment


                            • I'll leave you alone - as soon as you miss the playoffs for the first time since 1993. Once that is done, then I may decide to leave you Yankee fans alone. But, I'm subject to change my mind.

                              Well, you won't believe it, but the Red Sox needs to hire sailors to help them steer the right boat and knock Baltimore off of its leader plateau. And I don't mean certain navy-coloured sailors (complete with people named Joe Girardi, Derek Jeter, you know, those sailors) - they're there to try to knock Boston INTO the basement. All that has to be done tonight is: Baltimore loses to Toronto, Boston wins over Cleveland, and Yankees lose to Tampa.

                              If at least ONE equation goes wrong, then it's time to hire those sailors and blast the AL East with their magic, then we claim the AL East title again. But there's one step missing: Yankee fans must worship the Red Sox as their new leaders.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                                Don't you have some Cubs fans to bully? Shouting some 1908 rant?

                                Leave us alone with OUR eternal rivals. That is bad enough.
                                Don't knock them because they know how to be rivals and good friends

                                The Yankees must be doing bad if fans of other teams are piling on them!
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X