Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt, Matt, what am I gonna do with you?

    You know that I was thrown out off a bar in Southie-the other toss was the Rat-as the only female here right right now, I object to anything gay in a sports thread; the amount I've gay bashing I've heard at sports venues, or anything related to sports, is sickening. (Not here, never here.)

    Always by men, to men. Except for that Laura Ingram, apparently a football player retired, cried, and she called him a woman. Ingram, is not a woman-leftover from Dark Shadows. No soul, just hate.

    I had to call up tv stations that actually showed ARod with a pocketbook on his hand. I spoke personally with one anchor, asked if he wanted his daughters to grow up to be poor sports. Geez.

    Nixon will always be a Red Sox, he bleeds red.

    Yes, Beckett in a suit of magic seems appropriate-whip the ball past the batter, watch him do a Charlie Brown. Those other three pictures, they just look sexy. Especially the one on the left.

    Little Johnnny...it was the lack of competition last year. You bring in Oki, Pap, you might as well bring in everybody but the catcher, let them hit the showers early--hmmmm-is there a rule about that? Gotta

    CB is not a flunky-I didn't hit MIT or Harvard till after I was working, (employer pays!), but I never flunked a course there. Back then, math courses there, men, men, men. I did hand one guy at MIT a bar of soap-since we couldn't switch seats.

    That Momma must be from Chi-wrong colors.

    Youk-magazine at dentist-ESPN fantasy rankings, had him as 15, or 17, as 1B, overall rankings were unspeakable.

    Shelly Duncan in jail yet? Methinks he's been aggressive since kindergarten.

    Now, I gotta help Diggllahhh explain why Billy Crstal, or anybody except a ballplayer, belongs on the field at spring training. Matt, hit all the HRs you like, yours don't count. (Matt scurries off to look for a 3D image of ball out of screen.)

    AWK! The two Japan games start at 6 AM? Can't be.
    Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
    Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

    Comment


    • Ahhhhhhhh, that's it. I must've forgotten the "1 way get yourself outta town for good ticket" for my dear Hahvahd & MIT flunky, CB. I should've remembered that a long time ago before she got so sassy with all those crazy replies. No V-Tek jerseys for her (neither now or any other time)!

      Now then, please step into this nice little gift-wrapped trunk and we (or should I say you) can go into a wonderful Chowda-themed friendly ride in Boston Harbor ... errrrrrrrrrr, I'd meant Red Sawx/Patsies Amusement Park. Step right in, my gal!



      Oh, and I've found your perfect Halloween costume. Since you folks believe in the Great Pumpkin, I wouldn't be surprised. Make sure you don't go near any French restaurants or any HS science classes.
      Attached Files
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Ahhhhhhhh, that's it. I must've forgotten the "1 way get yourself outta town for good ticket" for my dear Hahvahd & MIT flunky, CB. I should've remembered that a long time ago before she got so sassy with all those crazy replies. No V-Tek jerseys for her (neither now or any other time)!

        Now then, please step into this nice little gift-wrapped trunk and we (or should I say you) can go into a wonderful Chowda-themed friendly ride in Boston Harbor ... errrrrrrrrrr, I'd meant Red Sawx/Patsies Amusement Park. Step right in, my gal!



        Oh, and I've found your perfect Halloween costume. Since you folks believe in the Great Pumpkin, I wouldn't be surprised. Make sure you don't go near any French restaurants or any HS science classes.
        hey..how are those Knicks doing?
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
          hey..how are those Knicks doing?
          What's with the Pats again?

          Comment


          • Matt, did you get those red sox computer drawings in your second to last post from RSN.net? I think the artist who did those was a poster named PineTarHelmet over there.
            Last edited by Westlake; 03-19-2008, 12:08 PM.
            Originally posted by Domenic
            The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
              What's with the Pats again?
              I'm not happy we lost Gay, Samuel and Wilson...we need a new secondary..BUT MOSS IS BACK...


              So..must be fun to have the Knicks as NY's NBA team :hyper:
              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                I'm not happy we lost Gay, Samuel and Wilson...we need a new secondary..BUT MOSS IS BACK...


                So..must be fun to have the Knicks as NY's NBA team :hyper:
                Like I care...

                If I have a favorite basketball team it is the Lakers. But I don't even know how they are doing.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                  hey..how are those Knicks doing?
                  I stopped watching much of the Knicks after the fans insisted upon blaming Patrick Ewing, who was their best player and whom they'd drafted with a first round pick, for their not winning an NBA Finals. I wonder if Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen had anything to do with that?

                  I'm more interested in the NJ Nets, since I'm on the other side of the Hudson River, in case you hadn't noticed. We have 2 NBA teams and 3 NHL teams in the area, and two NFL teams sharing the same stadium.

                  Oh yeah, how are those 19 and Oh Patsies? Did they go onto immortality like it was their birthright? I sure did hear some heavy celebration in February. Or was that a groan when that never happened? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor little SDL. Awwwwwwwwwww.

                  19-0 ... 18-1. Does that sound familiar? 0-1? Or ... 1918

                  Here, have the Breakfast of Chumpions.



                  Were they able to get out of the Glendale, AZ parking lot?



                  I see an earlier photo of yourself and the wifey:

                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                    Matt, did you get those red sox computer drawings in your second to last post from RSN.net? I think the artist who did those was a poster named PineTarHelmet over there.
                    I think I just googled "silly Red Sawx fans" or something. I should've gotten pix of yourself, SDL and Ken. Speaking of which, his laptop must be down once the Patsies didn't reach immortal destiny.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                      I stopped watching much of the Knicks after the fans insisted upon blaming Patrick Ewing, who was their best player and whom they'd drafted with a first round pick, for their not winning an NBA Finals. I wonder if Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen had anything to do with that?

                      I'm more interested in the NJ Nets, since I'm on the other side of the Hudson River, in case you hadn't noticed. We have 2 NBA teams and 3 NHL teams in the area, and two NFL teams sharing the same stadium.

                      Oh yeah, how are those 19 and Oh Patsies? Did they go onto immortality like it was their birthright? I sure did hear some heavy celebration in February. Or was that a groan when that never happened? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor little SDL. Awwwwwwwwwww.

                      19-0 ... 18-1. Does that sound familiar? 0-1? Or ... 1918

                      Here, have the Breakfast of Chumpions.



                      Were they able to get out of the Glendale, AZ parking lot?



                      I see an earlier photo of yourself and the wifey:

                      Ahh, c'mon that's below the belt. This a baseball forum.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JerseySoxFan19 View Post
                        Ahh, c'mon that's below the belt. This a baseball forum.
                        What would you expect for New Yorkers, they can't help but keep hitting down there!!!!!
                        Best posts ever:
                        Originally posted by nymdan
                        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                        Comment


                        • You got a point.

                          Comment


                          • Where do the BOSTON Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics all play? In BOSTON

                            Where do the NEW ENGLAND Patriots play? In NEW ENGLAND.

                            Where do the NEW YORK Giants/Jets play? In NEW JERSEY.

                            "Nuff Said...
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                              Where do the BOSTON Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics all play? In BOSTON

                              Where do the NEW ENGLAND Patriots play? In NEW ENGLAND.

                              Where do the NEW YORK Giants/Jets play? In NEW JERSEY.

                              "Nuff Said...
                              The States of New York and New Jersey have combined forces to make sure that Beantown never wins anything again.

                              Gosh, you sound like Curt Schill with how the Giants are from New Jersey and therefore don't count. Do you know much about those teams' history?

                              The NFL's NY Giants have played in the Polo Grounds, Yankee Stadium (I & II), Shea Stadium and now Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands at East Rutherford, NJ.

                              To my knowledge, the NY Jets have played only at Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium.

                              In the Feb 2001 Super Bowl, which the Giants lost to the Baltimore Ravens, it was NY politicians who had the regular "bets" of food and other things if their team prevailed. Same in the Feb 2008 Super Bowl, and it was down NYC's Canyon of Heroes on lower Broadway in Manhattan where the first of two parades were held, with the second being held in the Meadowlands.

                              Please let it be known that both the Giants and Jets are very much involved with NYC. Also, the NJ Nets were originally a NYC team, playing out of Madison Square Garden, where the Knicks play and much of the NCAA's March Madness is being held.

                              Let's get back to baseball, but since you'd mentioned the Knicks, I figured I'd "school ya". Unlike MIT flunky CB, I'm able to do so.

                              Class has ended.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                                The States of New York and New Jersey have combined forces to make sure that Beantown never wins anything again.

                                Gosh, you sound like Curt Schill with how the Giants are from New Jersey and therefore don't count. Do you know much about those teams' history?

                                The NFL's NY Giants have played in the Polo Grounds, Yankee Stadium (I & II), Shea Stadium and now Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands at East Rutherford, NJ.

                                To my knowledge, the NY Jets have played only at Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium.

                                In the Feb 2001 Super Bowl, which the Giants lost to the Baltimore Ravens, it was NY politicians who had the regular "bets" of food and other things if their team prevailed. Same in the Feb 2008 Super Bowl, and it was down NYC's Canyon of Heroes on lower Broadway in Manhattan where the first of two parades were held, with the second being held in the Meadowlands.

                                Please let it be known that both the Giants and Jets are very much involved with NYC. Also, the NJ Nets were originally a NYC team, playing out of Madison Square Garden, where the Knicks play and much of the NCAA's March Madness is being held.

                                Let's get back to baseball, but since you'd mentioned the Knicks, I figured I'd "school ya". Unlike MIT flunky CB, I'm able to do so.

                                Class has ended.
                                I know the history of The Jints...New Englanders are still subjected to them as they are the regional NFC team. I give the Devils credit. they play in Jersey, they call themselves NEW JERSEY..and when the Nets moved to NJ, from Long Island (they never played in MSG). Jints/Jets play in the same complex as the Devils/Nets and yet they call themsleves NY? When they moved to the Toxic Waste Dump in E. Rutherford, they should have been honest and left the NY on the eastern side of the George Washington Bridge...

                                I agree...now back to baseball...
                                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X