X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
    you didnt jinx them...the Yankees bats always heat up as the weather does
    Now it becomes clear to me. In October the temperature goed down again...

Comment

• what biscuits are we talking ?....the Disco variety ?...Barber rocks
      BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
      “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
        what biscuits are we talking ?....the Disco variety ?...Barber rocks
        These Biscuits:
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
          These Biscuits:
          I always wanted to ask you, how did a dutch guy become a Biscuits fan?
          39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
          2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

• I don't know why they would name their team after food!
            http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Q_Zerpnj63I/Sa...flbot-qUQb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees2k6 View Post
              I don't know why they would name their team after food!
              Because they get to have that awesome mascot!! That's the coolest/weirdest/scareist mascot I ever saw for a baseball team!
              39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
              2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

• Let's hope it never gets THIS far...

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/n...0505-770120991
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• bitter rivalry

Geez, SDL -- that is pretty radical. But probably not that unusual when you consider the hatred between the fans of those two teams.

I think a "good" (as opposed to bitter) rivalry is the Cardinals/Cubs. I doubt that you'd ever find anyone getting killed between fans of birds 'n bears. These two teams have mellower fans.

A new rivalry that seems to be gathering steam is the Mets/Phillies. Should be interesting for a few years if the Mets can contend.

Comment

• Originally posted by keystone View Post
                    Geez, SDL -- that is pretty radical. But probably not that unusual when you consider the hatred between the fans of those two teams.

I think a "good" (as opposed to bitter) rivalry is the Cardinals/Cubs. I doubt that you'd ever find anyone getting killed between fans of birds 'n bears. These two teams have mellower fans.

A new rivalry that seems to be gathering steam is the Mets/Phillies. Should be interesting for a few years if the Mets can contend.
                    are you kidding me ?...some of the worst fans ive ever met were in the bleachers of Wrigley...me & my wife were berated. had beer thrown at us, insulted etc cause i was wearing my Yankees cap..i tried telling these idiots its a different league and they should worry more about the Cards, Reds, Crew etc...the Urinal on the corner of Clark & Addison houses a lot of morons

Comment

• bitter rivalry

That is disgusting, YankeeFanUK. Of course, they were Cub fans! : I'm sorry you and your wife were subjected to that kind of treatment *anywhere* in the US.

I'm glad to hear your story, though, because I haven't actually attended a Cubs/Cards game in person (health issues), so you bring some reality to the discussion. Still, I don't think Cardinal fans would have been that nasty to you.
                      Last edited by keystone; 05-06-2008, 03:28 PM. Reason: dead smiley

Comment

That is disgusting, YankeeFanUK. Of course, they were Cub fans! : I'm sorry you and your wife were subjected to that kind of treatment *anywhere* in the US.

I'm glad to hear your story, though, because I haven't actually attended a Cubs/Cards game in person (health issues), so you bring some reality to the discussion. Still, I don't think Cardinal fans would have been that nasty to you.
                        as i have stated in a few other threads i have nothing but respect for Cardinal fans....i went to the old Busch back in 03 ( 3 game series with the Padres ) and had a great time talking baseball with them...i wear my Yankees cap and jerseys/sweatshirts at every park ive visited and the only time we ( my wife & i ) felt intimidated was in the bleachers at Wrigley...hell i felt more welcome at Fenway back in 98

Comment

• bitter rivalry

Wow -- now, *that's* saying something! Especially since somebody got killed in a Yanks/Sox discussion last night!

I have been to Busch Stadium before, but the Cards were playing the Giants, not the Cubs (Opening Day, 1993). People were really nice and fun to talk to. Willie McGee was playing for the Giants back then, and he got a standing O when he was introduced. I thought that was pretty classy.

So, stay away from the bleachers at Wrigley! Tacky, tacky...

Comment

Wow -- now, *that's* saying something! Especially since somebody got killed in a Yanks/Sox discussion last night!

I have been to Busch Stadium before, but the Cards were playing the Giants, not the Cubs (Opening Day, 1993). People were really nice and fun to talk to. Willie McGee was playing for the Giants back then, and he got a standing O when he was introduced. I thought that was pretty classy.

So, stay away from the bleachers at Wrigley! Tacky, tacky...
                            The year was 2002. One season after the very much ballyhooed acquisition of Oakland farmhand, Jason Giambi, the Yanks let Tino Martinez walk. Despite St Louis trying to get Giambi also, they settled upon Tino, saving face that he'd previously followed a legend at 1B, that, of course, being my namesake.

In 2002, the Cards played the Yanks on a weekend at Yankee Stadium. That's the first time I've ever seen Cards fans, since I'm not a Mets fan. There were more jerseys I've never seen before, such as Gibson, Slaughter, Brock, McGwire and so many others. The place was awash in great players' jerseys.

So as to prove he wasn't a slouch, Tino hit the same 2 jacks that Giambi did. Everyone knew they were trying to one-up the other. Either way, upon the first Tino longball, the whole stadium erupted in standing cheers, yet verbal infighting flew amongst a few Yankee fans.

We were on some trip hosted by friends on another forum, but some argued, "Hey, that's Tino Martinez out there", while others complained, "He's no longer a Yankee, and that HR has hurt the Yankees' chance to win". We just let it slide under the carpet, since it would've never ended.

In the end, it was an interesting moment in baseball when a popular star player returns.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• It was actually in 2003 when the Cardinals played the Yankees at their great ballpark. Even if the Cards got swept three games, it was still a good series to watch once. And I'm afraid Giambi is slowing down today in all departments. He can't run very well, the bat he has today is nothing like his 2006 form, and he's a liability at first base, even though he has two errors.

Not trying to start fires, but I fear he could be done.

Comment

• bitter rivals

Nice story, Mattingly. Good to hear that Cards fans behaved themselves in the House That Ruth Built. The Giambi/Tino match-up made those games special.

Solair -- It doesn't feel like you're lighting any fires, just stating what is obvious about Giambi. He's had a great run... Hey, we all slow down!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X