Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you, Tito. He didn't go for the save, didn't get a win, but he did put Mo in there, insuring that he wouldn't miss the game altogether. Who knew at the time that it would go 15 innings?

    Anyway, Francona did A-OK by me.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Well, the NL lost, but this time it was a case of mismanaging on the manager's part.

      Clint Hurdle's mismanaging has cost another game against him (one of about over 50 for his Rockies). I'm not upset, but his mismanaging this season has been quite obvious after a major fluke season last year. He's trying to claw his way out of the NL basement, but his team isn't exactly the best. Hard luck manager, I guess?

      Back on topic: The race to the AL East begins tomorrow, live at a local ballpark/television set/bar/etc. near you! (corny joke, and congrats to the AL on winning again)

      Comment


      • The AL East race resumes tonight, with Yanks playing Oakland at New York and the Red Sox play at Anaheim. There is nothing new to the race, unfortunately. Though the Yanks got the "Living Strikeout/GIDP/Low BA Machine" Richie Sexson, but that will help since Hideki Matsui's season is likely over. (season-ending left knee surgery)

        Anyway, the race to October resumes now.

        Comment


        • TWO people have over ONE THOUSAND posts in this thread...

          Comment


          • No No NO!!!!

            This cannot be!

            A former Red Sox fan favorite is now working for The Evil Empire!!!

            http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=475

            Why, Jody...WHY????????????
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SDL View Post
              No No NO!!!!

              This cannot be!

              A former Red Sox fan favorite is now working for The Evil Empire!!!

              http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=475

              Why, Jody...WHY????????????
              He wanted to be a part of the game, they needed a coach, and it's near his home so he agreed to be their new manager. As much as that team is hated he's doing what he loves and is trying to help guys who are probably never going to face the Red Sox in a game on the major league level...at least not in a New York uniform.
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

              Comment


              • At least he's not with the Yankees, that's the good thing. Speaking of them, they're quite unstoppable these days. Someone replaced the team's batteries over the All-Star break with newer ones. Who was it? Henry "Hank" G. Steinbrenner? Harold "Hal" Steinbrenner or George M. Steinbrenner? Will the real Steinbrenner please stand up? Okay, I'm losing it here.

                Anyway, I have bad news to bring up. Everyone, please wish the best of luck to Jim Kaat, ex-Yank broadcaster. His wife has recently passed on after she lost a battle with cancer.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                  At least he's not with the Yankees, that's the good thing. Speaking of them, they're quite unstoppable these days. Someone replaced the team's batteries over the All-Star break with newer ones. Who was it? Henry "Hank" G. Steinbrenner? Harold "Hal" Steinbrenner or George M. Steinbrenner? Will the real Steinbrenner please stand up? Okay, I'm losing it here.

                  Anyway, I have bad news to bring up. Everyone, please wish the best of luck to Jim Kaat, ex-Yank broadcaster. His wife has recently passed on after she lost a battle with cancer.
                  Yes, Jim Kaat, ex-Minnesota pitcher, who always got rave reviews whenever the Yanks went into Minnesota, has lost his very dear wife. I wish only the best for his family.

                  Now then, when does "Please be kind to Seattle and get a free latte or Nintendo video game" night begin?
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                  Comment


                  • As far as I'm concerned, that night will NEVER happen! At least for the Red Sox. For New York, maybe it will happen. Before that, one event will be "take batting practice on Seattle and watch the fans leave the seats" night first before that event occurs.

                    Sorry Mattingly, slamming hapless Seattle is the first priority. Then it's a mad dash to Boston to do the same thing to the visiting team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tacosaregood/metsguy234 View Post
                      TWO people have over ONE THOUSAND posts in this thread...
                      SDL and Solair Wright, perhaps?
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                      Comment


                      • Actually it's Mattingly and Ken who have the thousand posts in this thread. Anyway, do you know what happens tomorrow? Which manager will be victorious in this series: Joey G or Terry "Tito" Francona? Find out this weekend, 'cause the bitter rivals itself play each other at 4 Yawkey Way.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          No No NO!!!!

                          This cannot be!

                          A former Red Sox fan favorite is now working for The Evil Empire!!!

                          http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=475

                          Why, Jody...WHY????????????
                          Yes Yes YES!!!!

                          That's sweet! :cap:
                          http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Q_Zerpnj63I/Sa...flbot-qUQb.jpg

                          Comment


                          • Here's a nice can of Yankee Bean soup for all of you. I'll have to break open some this weekend.





                            Last edited by Mattingly; 07-25-2008, 05:07 AM.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                              Actually it's Mattingly and Ken who have the thousand posts in this thread. Anyway, do you know what happens tomorrow? Which manager will be victorious in this series: Joey G or Terry "Tito" Francona? Find out this weekend, 'cause the bitter rivals itself play each other at 4 Yawkey Way.
                              Hey, we had to keep this thread alive. How else to spend lots of time?

                              Now if Ken isn't here, then who plays my co-spy?



                              In NHRA drag racing, there were some old legends, one of the most famous of which were funny car racers Don "Snake" Prudhomme vs Tom "Mongoose" McEwen. Their namesakes were natural enemies in the wildlife, and they were natural and worthy combatants.





                              Now let the party begin!
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                              Comment


                              • Mattingly, I'll graciously offer my services as your rival for the sake of this weekend's series...just don't go overboard
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X