• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    M.A.D.

Mutually Assured Destruction

(I was a history major at FAU)
    Oh, is that it? I thought it stood for "Massachusetts Alcoholics D______" or something similar.

Anyway, I forgot to send greetings from the BBQ (and no chowda to be seen) from last Friday:

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      So you've gone mad? Or are you mad that the Yanks have won?

Now where the heck is efin98? I think I've found his answer to the whole thing (one which he keeps repeating, for some strange reason):

Somehow I figured you would throw up a picture of him at some point
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
        Somehow I figured you would throw up a picture of him at some point

Alfred E has more intelligence and is more human than King George, Hanky-Poo and Joey Pitbull combined.
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          Alfred E has more intelligence and is more human than King George, Hanky-Poo and Joey Pitbull combined.
          And something that they all lack- respect
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Boston's staying in town, but there are "Birds" flocking Fenway - the same "Birds" that was swept in Toronto. Now it's the Yankees turn to suffer the Blue Jays' wrath. Do you think it'll happen that Toronto will at least win one game this series? I do think so!

Comment

• Approximately an hour ago, word went out publicly on the YES Network that beloved Yankee CFer Bobby Murcer has lost his battle with brain cancer.

On behalf of Yankee fans, please give us some time to pay our respects to the always loving man who many grew up watching.

Thanks, and best of luck, including in baseball.

RIP
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• It's a sad day in baseball alright, unfortunately. Former Yank Bobby Murcer lost the battle to a brain tumor, the exact same diagnosis that the late Johnny Oates had suffered from. Let's be respectful to him, and pray for the best for him and his family as a memorial to a great announcer.

Rest in peace, Bobby Murcer.
                Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-12-2008, 03:57 PM. Reason: I'll save the taunt towards the unpredictable Yankees' win for later.

Comment

• Thanks, Solair, for posting this here, under CE and the Yankee forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                    Thanks, Solair, for posting this here, under CE and the Yankee forums.
                    You're welcome. It's a shame, because someone in my neighborhood has the exact same thing as what Murcer died from, and he had it since 2001. There is no such cure for glioblastoma multiforme right now, but anyway, time to cut to the chase.

Now back on topic: How did the Yanks win today against Toronto? You guys weren't supposed to win because I wanted Toronto to win a series against you guys for once. Okay, I'm getting out of hand now. Tomorrow afternoon will mean no bottom of the 9th, and that's a guarantee.
                    Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-13-2008, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• The Red Sox future is playing in Yankee Stadium.

See him

Know him

FEAR HIM
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Who is that, Lin?
                        Originally posted by Domenic
                        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                          Who is that, Lin?

Sure is

Pic is from last spring's Olympic Qualifier. He was 0 5 .286 for Taiwan in the tourney and it's a good bet he'll be in Beijing in 3 weeks. I like the way this kid looks

HEY YANKEES...A RED SOX PROSPECT GOT THE LARRY DOBY TROPHY!!!!!

WON IT IN YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!!!

Comment

• It turned out I was right on my guarantee. We'll resume the quest for the AL East Title on Friday, where the Red Sox head to Hollywood to battle the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States (I think that's their current name ), and the Yanks are battling it out against the upstart Oakland Athletics at Yankee Stadium.

Comment

• First it was Che-Hsuan Lin on Sunday...

Now....

Comment

• Thank you, Tito. He didn't go for the save, didn't get a win, but he did put Mo in there, insuring that he wouldn't miss the game altogether. Who knew at the time that it would go 15 innings?

Anyway, Francona did A-OK by me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X