Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he already went overboard. And how much do you want to bet that SDL's arch-nemesis/Yankees superfan Spike Lee will be there? I bet nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
      Mattingly, I'll graciously offer my services as your rival for the sake of this weekend's series...just don't go overboard
      Nahhhhhhhhh, we've already opened up the first can. We'll just open up 2 more cans we've got hidden away in storage.

Now then, a nice av for your anyway:

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• The sun rose a little while ago. It's another day.
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Now, I wanted to ask you guys this (Red Sox PoV): What was your opinion on Wade Boggs leaving the team to join the enemy? Or Johnny (Who?) Damon?

And for the Yanks: David Wells joining the Red Sox in 2005 - what were your thoughts on a perfect game thrower join the team you never wanted him to (or you did)? (or any Yankee fan favourite that defected to the Red Sox)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
            Now, I wanted to ask you guys this (Red Sox PoV): What was your opinion on Wade Boggs leaving the team to join the enemy? Or Johnny (Who?) Damon?

And for the Yanks: David Wells joining the Red Sox in 2005 - what were your thoughts on a perfect game thrower join the team you never wanted him to (or you did)? (or any Yankee fan favourite that defected to the Red Sox)
            Because of the rules against bad language in this forum, I must respectfully decline in telling you my feelings about those two TRAITORS B***s and D***n.

And don't get me started on that crybaby C*****s!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
              Because of the rules against bad language in this forum, I must respectfully decline in telling you my feelings about those two TRAITORS B***s and D***n.

And don't get me started on that crybaby C*****s!
              Same feelings, to a lesser extent(at least one came back and accepted his hatred, others don't acknowledge it!!!)
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• If I went back in time to 1993 and saw Wade Boggs wtih the Yanks, here's what I would say: Whilst Wade Boggs is taking BP during Spring Training, I should have said "Margo Adams caused you to defect to the Yankees? You traitor!" Clemens in 1999: "Toronto wasn't the place for you, so you cried your way to New York? You traitor!" And as for Damon: "You couldn't have been loyal to Boston, the team you wanted to play the rest of your career? You traitor!"

Not so nice words I have with the three "forbidden" players.
                Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-26-2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling and edited my post a bit

Comment

If I went back in time to 1993 and saw Wade Boggs wtih the Yanks, here's what I would say: Whilst Wade Boggs is taking BP during Spring Training, I should have said "Margo Adams caused you to defect to the Yankees? You traitor!" Clemens in 1999: "Toronto wasn't the place for you, so you cried your way to New York? You traitor!" And as for Damon: "You couldn't have been loyal to Boston, the team you wanted to play the rest of your career? You traitor!"

Not so nice words I have with the three "forbidden" players.
                  In '93, I was at the ST game in Lauderdale between the Sox and Yankees. Tons of Sox fans along teh 3rd base side. Boggs is playing 3rd fot the Yankees. We're giving it to him with catcalls of "traitor." Later in the game,somebody from the Sox pops up to him. Boggs backs away and Andy Stankiewicz has to run in from short to catch it. I yell "GEE WADE....MARGO ADAMS COULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT!" He heard it and glared at us.

What did he expect? Us to be nicey-nicey to him?

Comment

• Well, they (the Forbidden Three) got what was coming to them for defecting to the enemy team. It's common for fans to call them a traitor after defecting from the Red Sox doesn't mean anything. "Crying your way out of Toronto so he can pitch for NY" to C*****s was the exact response many other Beantowners would've said to crybaby C*****s.

B***s and D***n got what was coming to them on their return visits to Fenway, especially their first visit. (On May 22, 2006, the day I graduated from high school, D***n still got booed relentlessly, even though he returned earlier in the month.) How vicious was C*****s' reaction when he returned to Fenway Park in 1999?

Tomorrow's another night, you know, Yanks. We'll be ready for you tomorrow night...
                    Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: Fixed my post up a bit

Comment

Now, I wanted to ask you guys this (Red Sox PoV): What was your opinion on Wade Boggs leaving the team to join the enemy? Or Johnny (Who?) Damon?

I'm guessing that Wade Boggs was the first superstar player to jump ship like that. I'm guessing that the closest opposite was Cone, who in Sep 2001, came within 1 strike of being on the opposite side of a Perfecto by Moose.

I'd have to look up his stats, but Wade was famous for riding that police horse. I just remember wondering howhe became a Yankee.

Boomer didn't wish to be disciplined. Amost 10 years after people felt it would, his weight finally caught up to him. He refused some weight clause that Torre and Mel Stottlemyre (pitch coach) insisted on. He ended up pitching quite well against us, railed against us for booing him. What did he expect to receive, that Clemens got at Fenway?

In the end, Cone ended up returning to the Boss' favor after spending time in notorious Section 39 (Bleacher Creatures), and George gave him a YES announcing gig, which he still has.

I preferred Clemens' first stint with the Yanks. After he'd declared free agency following the 2003 season, after the heavily-promoted and long "Goodbye at all the ballparks" type of tour, even replacing Zito in the 2003 ASG due to sentiment, I couldn't believe he was so calculating.

When Clemens returned, I thought it was an admission that Cashman couldn't get an SP. The quick and ugly signing which cost boatloads of money but no players.

After all of the PED allegations, I'd just consider him an ex-Yankee and let him fade away.
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Nobody's worn #21 in Fenway since Clemens left. As far as I'm concerned the only Texan who deserves to have that number retired was Ray Culp. Culp pitched hurt and was never a crybaby. Culp had courage.

Beckett wore #21 with the Marlins. They should give him #21 in Fenway

Comment

• I'm gonna tell you a story
                          I'm gonna tell you about my town
                          I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
                          Aww, it's all about my town
                          Yeah, down by the river
                          Down by the banks of the river Charles
                          (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
                          That's where you'll find me
                          Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
                          (aw, but they're cool people)
                          Well I love that dirty water
                          Oh, Boston, you're my home
                          (oh, you're the Number One place)
                          Frustrated women
                          (I mean they're frustrated)
                          Have to be in by twelve o'clock
                          (oh, that's a shame)
                          But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
                          That just once those doors weren't locked
                          (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
                          Well I love that dirty water
                          Oh, Boston, you're my home
                          (oh, yeah)
                          Because I love that dirty water
                          Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
                          (oh, yeah)
                          Well, I love that dirty water
                          (I love it, baby)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (I love Baw-stun)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (I'm the man, I'm the man)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (Owww!)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (Come on, come on)

Comment

• My, it's nice and quiet in here.

Comment

• Actually, I've been reading up on the trade deadline and also busy in real life. Seems like Posada went under the knife, and Pudge replaces him. Who'll be next to be replaced on the teams' rosters?

By the way, my next question. Who lost two of three to BALTIMORE, I wonder? The team with the confusing name changes comes to New York tonight for four, and they're ready to take the Yanks down. I like this idea...
                              Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-31-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Ok, let here it. How badly did the Sox get soaked in this,

'Dodgers get Manny, Bay to Red Sox, four players to Pittsburgh', deal? :dismay: :crossfingers:

I think they gave up way too much, in prospects especially, for Bay . . . :disbelief: h
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X