Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it really doesn't matter what we got for him. Bottom line, he had to go. Period. - :disbelief:
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      I guess it really doesn't matter what we got for him. Bottom line, he had to go. Period. - :disbelief:
      And you can bet your bottom dollar that they use the savings from his salary next year($13 million at least) towards getting good relief and retaining Bay for a few more years...

And what does Bay do in his first game with Boston? Gets on base four times including a triple that would lead to him being the game winning run...not a bad debut.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Well, the Yanks get to deal with the "other" Rangers - these Rangers score lots of runs, AND also give up lots of runs as well! This is going to be an interesting series, but they'll get sick of the heat on this savannah and split the series. Boston gets to deal with the Royals at KC, and it's Buchholz vs. Meche, Beckett vs. Bannister, then for the finale... Wake vs. Hochevar. Those are the correct names for the Royals - crazy names. Then off we go...to the Windy City!

As for the Yanks, here's who you are facing in this chaotic four-game series: Joba vs. Padilla, Pettite vs. Harrison, Ponson vs. Tommy Hunter and then...the Moose that's about to lose his antlers (starting rotation) because of his age vs. Scott Feldman. Will the Rangers' scoreboard break because of how many runs the Yanks give up? Will the scoreboard in Kansas City get hit with a fly ball by Jason Bay? Stay tuned.

Comment

• Where's Ken? Did he put a hex on the Yanks? You folks are supposed to lose, we're supposed to win. Remember?

Anyway, here he is representing Red Sawx fantasizers the world over. I heard his media appearance was co-written by his favorite beverage company.

Last edited by Mattingly; 08-06-2008, 04:05 AM.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            Where's Ken? Did he put a hex on the Yanks? You folks are supposed to lose, we're supposed to win. Remember?
            Boy Matt, you must have one hell of a memory to remember that far back . . . .

Hey Matt, check out this ESPN A.L. East Poll. VERY insightful. Don't you think?
            Last edited by KenFougere; 08-06-2008, 09:57 PM. Reason: To rip Matt a little . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
              Boy Matt, you must have one hell of a memory to remember that far back . . . .

Hey Matt, check out this ESPN A.L. East Poll. VERY insightful. Don't you think?
              So Ken, when are you going to admit that the svelte guy on that pack (complete with his 6-pack abs) is really you? They could be 24-pack abs, since I think it took him a few cases to get into such lovely shape.

Now then, new and scandalous youth pix of efin98 have been located, and are revealed below:

Where is CB when we need her? Meditating, perhaps?

I guess that magic marker sales have gone up since Damon left, eh?

CB's new av:

And of course, the cheesy dig:

I think I remember seeing this guy somewhere. Can you remind me where? Please?

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                I think I remember seeing this guy somewhere. Can you remind me where? Please?

Tommy Lasorda? I could have sworn it was laying on his back after getting hit with a bat
                Attached Files
                Best posts ever:

Comment

• Geez, we're heading to two big cities. The Yankees are off to Hollywood to deal with baseball's best team, the team that nobody's talking about. They're also the team with the longest name in baseball - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of America of Terrafirma. Just don't get outsmarted by them.

As for Boston, we're dealing with those upstarts, the "other" Sox that hail from Chicago's South Side. Be thankful the Yanks didn't get on Sunday Night Baseball - the meaningless Cardinals-Cubs rivalry did. Anyway, now with that said, who's ready for some interesting baseball?

Comment

• Yanks got swept and Boston only won one game so far. Two wins would be great in this series, because they play tomorrow. Too bad the song couldn't be played today. But if I'm not mistaken, someone's birthday is this week - on Wednesday. Who is it, you wonder? One of the people that posts here sometimes, that's who!

Now they get chased into the domed stadium with the most ridiculous roof that I've seen. I also heard it can't handle heavy snow very well. It's the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome!

Comment

• Well, it's that time of the year again. Place your bets on who will win again. This is a special series - will it be the Yankees, or will it be the Red Sox? This is the last time they'll play in old Yankee Stadium, so this is a special time of year.

Place your bets...if you dare.

Comment

• I'm gonna tell you a story
                        I'm gonna tell you about my town
                        I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
                        Aww, it's all about my town
                        Yeah, down by the river
                        Down by the banks of the river Charles
                        (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
                        That's where you'll find me
                        Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
                        (aw, but they're cool people)
                        Well I love that dirty water
                        Oh, Boston, you're my home
                        (oh, you're the Number One place)
                        Frustrated women
                        (I mean they're frustrated)
                        Have to be in by twelve o'clock
                        (oh, that's a shame)
                        But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
                        That just once those doors weren't locked
                        (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
                        Well I love that dirty water
                        Oh, Boston, you're my home
                        (oh, yeah)
                        Because I love that dirty water
                        Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
                        (oh, yeah)
                        Well, I love that dirty water
                        (I love it, baby)
                        I love that dirty water
                        (I love Baw-stun)
                        I love that dirty water
                        (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
                        I love that dirty water
                        (I'm the man, I'm the man)
                        I love that dirty water
                        (Owww!)
                        I love that dirty water
                        (Come on, come on)
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I think this tune is more appropriate:
                          http://www.jays.us/music/Taps.mp3

Comment

• This is a real shame . . . .
                            Has anyone seen the Yankees lately?

- American League East -
                            Tampa Bay 83 51 .619 -
                            Boston - - - 79 56 .585 - 4½

New York - 72 63 .533 - 11½ - (7 off the WC)

Toronto's come-from-behind victory further damages the Yanks' already slim playoff hopes.
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 08-31-2008, 10:54 AM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• What is the New York Yankees' worst enemy, by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                                What is the New York Yankees' worst enemy, by any chance?

They have been known to peck at Red Sox as well...guys can't seem to get into the playoffs but are great at playing the spoiler for the other division teams
                                Best posts ever:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X