Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by efin98 View Post
    You have been hanging around in Jersey too much
    I'm pretty sure that Tony Soprano would respect that thing about the horse's head. Either case, we Yankee fans have our secret "burial ground" where fans that bug us endlessly are sent. One-way ticket, of course!





    Speaking of which, whatever happened to li'l Ken?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SDL View Post
      Sounds tempting for some of the Rays fans down here. At least Yankee and Sox fans don't wear mohawks...
      You must've missed the Mr T auditions. He pities the fools.



      Now where do you put those pesky Beantowners, anyway? I hear there are places under the turnpike and the expressway that nobody's ever seen before, much less ever heard of.

      Last edited by Mattingly; 10-26-2008, 05:11 PM.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        I'm pretty sure that Tony Soprano would respect that thing about the horse's head. Either case, we Yankee fans have our secret "burial ground" where fans that bug us endlessly are sent. One-way ticket, of course!
        I know..under one of the end zones at Giants Stadium....
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Now where do you put those pesky Beantowners, anyway? I hear there are places under the turnpike and the expressway that nobody's ever seen before, much less ever heard of.
          I'm already in Hell...I'm the only one in my neighborhood who does not drive a pickup truck or even cares one iota about NASCAR (some think dale Sr. is going to rise from the dead)....anyplace you'd put me would be an improvement...
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            I'm pretty sure that Tony Soprano would respect that thing about the horse's head. Either case, we Yankee fans have our secret "burial ground" where fans that bug us endlessly are sent. One-way ticket, of course!
            The East River, Hudson River, Passaic River, or the The Hackensack River?

            Speaking of which, whatever happened to li'l Ken?
            He's brooding down in his basement over the loss...poor guy is heartbroken
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SDL View Post
              I know..under one of the end zones at Giants Stadium....
              Nah, it's under the goalposts at Red Bull Stadium
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

              Comment


              • The offseason has already started and now it's up to us. Which players are we all interested in having on our respective teams (NY or Boston)? We didn't need Holliday, but I know one team that missed on the chance. But don't worry - O'Dowd probably wanted Joba - who I think is untouchable.

                Who's next on the fresh fish to catch in the angling tournament...err Hot Stove season?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                  The offseason has already started and now it's up to us. Which players are we all interested in having on our respective teams (NY or Boston)? We didn't need Holliday, but I know one team that missed on the chance. But don't worry - O'Dowd probably wanted Joba - who I think is untouchable.

                  Who's next on the fresh fish to catch in the angling tournament...err Hot Stove season?
                  We all know the #1 name....C.C.

                  I want the Sox to re-sign 'Tek and hopefully bring D-Lowe back to Fenway.
                  sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Manny heading home . . . .

                    Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                    The off season has already started and now it's up to us. Which players are we all interested in having on our respective teams (NY or Boston)? We didn't need Holliday, but I know one team that missed on the chance. But don't worry - O'Dowd probably wanted Joba - who I think is untouchable.

                    Who's next on the fresh fish to catch in the angling tournament...err Hot Stove season?
                    Well for one thing, Manny ending up in the Bronx for the next 4-6 years @ ≥ $25M per year, I think, is sure-thing.
                    Although the Yankees have a history of signing 'stars' past their prime, Manny clearly will be the exception to that rule . . .
                    Ken Fougère

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                      Well for one thing, Manny ending up in the Bronx for the next 4-6 years @ ≥ $25M per year, I think, is sure-thing.
                      Although the Yankees have a history of signing 'stars' past their prime, Manny clearly will be the exception to that rule . . .
                      I doubt Manny will sign. Joey Pitbull would make him cut off his dreads...
                      Last edited by SDL; 11-11-2008, 10:14 PM.
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • 2008 Chammmmps

                        Just getting back from Broad and Shunk and the parade. No bleeping way the Yanks are trading Hank Stein--brenna's buttboy Job-Bah for anyone. Tek is a AAA playah now. Love the leadership but check out Ruiz comin' through for the Fightin' Phils. It's all about production !!
                        Whitey Ashburn's free plug on radio when he was hungry...." Happy birthday to the Celebrese twins....Plain and Pepperoni. "

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          We all know the #1 name....C.C.

                          I want the Sox to re-sign 'Tek and hopefully bring D-Lowe back to Fenway.
                          Character issues with Lowe that angered the owners will probably prevent him from coming back...
                          Best posts ever:
                          Originally posted by nymdan
                          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                          Comment


                          • While they watch their new stadium being constructed, the Yankee fans still hold on to their "guarantee" that they'll win the division next year. Confident now?

                            Now, to be serious, I'm not sure if Girardi was the right choice as manager. The main issues with him are that his experience as a manager, his volatile attitude with owners (which is why he was canned as Florida's manager), and his explosive reputation as manager. I'm not rileing anyone's feathers here, I'm just nervous he'll get canned because of it and then it's chaos in the Bronx.

                            Well, I understand Francona got fired in Philly, but you see, he dealt with a horrible team in Philly. You could've resurrected Connie Mack or John McGraw from the dead and it'd be the same result there.

                            Have a happy Red Sox Thanksgiving! And don't you spoil it from us, Yanks fans!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                              While they watch their new stadium being constructed, the Yankee fans still hold on to their "guarantee" that they'll win the division next year. Confident now?

                              Now, to be serious, I'm not sure if Girardi was the right choice as manager. The main issues with him are that his experience as a manager, his volatile attitude with owners (which is why he was canned as Florida's manager), and his explosive reputation as manager. I'm not rileing anyone's feathers here, I'm just nervous he'll get canned because of it and then it's chaos in the Bronx.

                              Well, I understand Francona got fired in Philly, but you see, he dealt with a horrible team in Philly. You could've resurrected Connie Mack or John McGraw from the dead and it'd be the same result there.

                              Have a happy Red Sox Thanksgiving! And don't you spoil it from us, Yanks fans!
                              I was just waiting for Joey Pitbull to do another meltdown...question was...what Yankee player was he going to throw against a wall? Which Steinbrenner was he going to lip off to?
                              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                                I was just waiting for Joey Pitbull to do another meltdown...question was...what Yankee player was he going to throw against a wall? Which Steinbrenner was he going to lip off to?
                                They don't seem to have a guy who would give lip to the manager no matter how needed it is...and I'm betting it is Hank that he rips to pieces, but only after Hank tries to act like daddy did with Billy Martin.
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X