Jeff Suppan's Last 6 Games

Date OPP W L IP H ER BB SO

06/29 COL 1 0 9.0 4 0 2 6
    07/05 HOU 1 0 7.0 8 2 1 1
    07/10 MIL 1 0 9.0 8 4 0 9
    07/18 MIL 1 0 6.2 9 2 2 2
    07/23 CIN 0 0 7.0 10 5 1 4
    07/28 STL 1 0 9.0 7 0 1 5
    Two of his last 4 starts (7/10 and 7/23), I don't think he's done so hot. Oh well, I'm sure that Garrett Anderson will see to his continuing his streak. You know, great game, so-so game, great game. Hmmmmmm, he had a great game last outing, so I'm wondering if he's do for a great one or a so-so one?

Oh, George's checkbook has just contributed an all-expenses paid vacation for the Boston bats tonight. Wasn't that awful nice of him?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      Go Anaheim, and the next two weeks, Go A's and Go Seattle!

TFAM, if you're going to take care of anyone, make sure it's Beantown!

Ken, we did sweep Anaheim, so it would be *very* interesting if they beat you in a series. Gee, I'm wondering if the new look pen may be wasted. Anyway, I'm sure that Lackey will suddenly become unhittable tonight, and Suppan will be Suppressed, and will be a Lock to be Rocked!
      We'll try to be as gentle as possible to our New England brothers. However, New Yorkers won't be too happy with our visit. Probable Pitchers for the M's against the Yankees:
      Franklin, Meche, and Moyer (Piniero won't play , but neither will Freddy )

Comment

• TFAM, give the boys from Detroit some credit. They've beat the M's a few times.

Then again, I am hoping for a sweep, as I always do!
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• Originally posted by Zito75
          TFAM, give the boys from Detroit some credit. They've beat the M's a few times.

Then again, I am hoping for a sweep, as I always do!
          Name the times the Tigers have beaten the M's this season. I only remember one Detroit victory.

Comment

• Wow...Did Derek eat his Wheaties this morning? Or did George get on his case again?
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• He's coming home

Jeff Suppan is gonna love his new team's offense! We got him 7 runs in the third inning...._ _ _

Friendly Fenway Park
              Last edited by KenFougere; 08-05-2003, 06:56 PM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: He's coming home

Originally posted by KenFougere
                Jeff Suppan is gonna love his new team's offense! We got him 7 runs in the third inning...._ _ _

Friendly Fenway Park

Yes, I guess he was a bit too relaxed by that offense.

Comment

• Sorry TFAM, it was a figure of speech. The Tigers have beaten the M's once this year.
                  WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• Re: He's coming home

Originally posted by KenFougere

Friendly Fenway Park
                    I told you he was due for a bad start. 7 earned runs in 5 innings? Is that was he was expected to do? Boston's 7 run 3rd inning was brutal, but in a low scoring game, his performance would've stood out a lot.

I guess anyone can get used to this, but you don't really need good starters with that kind of offense. I thought that Suppan was supposed to be your hot pitcher when the opposing pitching is stingy. I think that Burkett could've done tonight what Suppan did.
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Fanatic, I'll get back to you on Wednesday, as I'd needed my battery recharged after the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Wow...Did Derek eat his Wheaties this morning? Or did George get on his case again?
                        Oh, you'd meant Jeter. First I thought I'd read "Varitek", then I thought of Derek Lowe, who wasn't even in the game.

Well, we couldn't let Blalock's leadoff HR go unmatched, and he got his own. Doesn't surprise me, since he'd done the same in the 2000 WS after the Mets won their only game.

When Knobby was there, he'd bat #2, but I think he's really a leadoff hitter. Now if only Torre would keep him there, letting Soriano stay lower in the lineup until he gets his OBP and BA to acceptable standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zito75
                          Sorry TFAM, it was a figure of speech. The Tigers have beaten the M's once this year.
                          Which is one fewer than the number the A's have dropped to the Tigers this year.

Comment

• Re: Re: Back to Boston

Originally posted by Mattingly
                            Oh, George's checkbook has just contributed an all-expenses paid vacation for the Boston bats tonight. Wasn't that awful nice of him?
                            We thought so too...
                            then we noticed the tickets were
                            ONE WAY! _

Besides, our BIG bats with an OPS of .942 at home, are just too heavy for that single engine propeller job that George got for us...
                            and they, {bats} were working very hard last night anyway...

BTW,
                            Thought it'd be fun to compare home statistics for 2 "random" American League teams . . .

Code:

TEAM  AVG  SLG  OBP  OPS  HIT  BB  SO  HR  R 

1Bos .326 .544 .398 .942  590 214 250  66 354

12NY .258 .422 .344 .766  436 202 302  59 230

The difference is,...well, sort of,...ah, embarrassing._{sorry}  
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 08-06-2003, 02:49 AM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Boston must do pretty poorly on the road, eh Ken?
                              2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                                Boston must do pretty poorly on the road, eh Ken?
                                There's no place like home!__
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X