• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    Not a bad day yesterday...

Sox sweep Brewers

Celts take care of Cavs in Game 7 of their series

Mets squeak by Yankees 11-2 on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

Like I said...not a bad day
    PLEASE dont bring the NBA into this...gawd do i hate that sh*t...home team wins 95% of the time, dull dull dull
    BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
    “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
      PLEASE dont bring the NBA into this...gawd do i hate that sh*t...home team wins 95% of the time, dull dull dull
      All I'm a sayin'...

A GREAT day to be from Boston
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• the only good thing about Boston is its in new ENGLAND

Comment

• Question: Which team just pitched a no-hitter last night, the 18th by the team in its franchise and blew out the Royals 7-0 in the meantime?

Answer: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/news/lester_nohitter/index.jsp

Edit: I just added a pop quiz to agitate Yankees fans.

And Mattingly, you keep on returning despite the many times Red Sox Nation has defeated you. Are you related to this guy by any chance? Let us know, because RSN believes that you are.

Last edited by Solair Wright; 05-20-2008, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
            Question: Which team just pitched a no-hitter last night, the 18th by the team in its franchise and blew out the Royals 7-0 in the meantime?

Answer: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/news/lester_nohitter/index.jsp

Edit: I just added a pop quiz to agitate Yankees fans.

And Mattingly, you keep on returning despite the many times Red Sox Nation has defeated you. Are you related to this guy by any chance? Let us know, because RSN believes that you are.

im slightly confused here..you have a Redbird as your image YET you keep talking about the Sawx as if they`re your team..which is it ?..are you a Card fan or Bawston ?...or maybe one of those who likes two teams ( just in case one of them isnt playing well )..please clarify

Comment

• I hope you Yankee fans realize that it's because of Jon Lester that you have A-Rod.

Sox refused to include him in the A-Rod for Manny trade that never was...that helped kill that deal

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
                im slightly confused here..you have a Redbird as your image YET you keep talking about the Sawx as if they`re your team..which is it ?..are you a Card fan or Bawston ?...or maybe one of those who likes two teams ( just in case one of them isnt playing well )..please clarify
                I actually like both teams because one is my hometown team (St. Louis), the other had some players mostly from the St. Louis area (Billy Mueller, Scott Cooper to name a couple) and the way both play can be suspenseful (giving up two runs by the same reliever (Gagne in 2007 and Isringhausen this year)) or depressing (when ten runs are scored against the team, see last year for the Cardinals, when they led the majors in blowouts lost with 38 blowout losses). That's the good thing about baseball. The bad?

When there are clubhouse problems (Carl Everett...I never want to hear that name again. See 2000-02 if you know what I'm talking about. >_<)

Comment

• AAARRGGGHHHH!!! I lived through Carl Everett with the Astros.
                  One year was enough. What an A #1 jerk...

I understand your dilemma, Solair. Check out the "closet" teams thread... I "cheat" on the Cards, too! :blush:
                  Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by keystone View Post
                    AAARRGGGHHHH!!! I lived through Carl Everett with the Astros.

I understand your dilemma, Solair. Check out the "closet" teams thread... I "cheat" on the Cards, too! :blush:
                    Don't think of it as cheating, think of it as being a swinger

I believe that we are justifiably allowed to have one team in each league as a secondary team, I'd choose the Mets but I don't have any chances to follow them much...
                    Best posts ever:
                    Originally posted by nymdan
                    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Hey Yankees - How did the first inning go last night, by any chance? I heard it went a little rough...just a little. The middle of the first, they were already far behind, and I think the score was something like 7-0 before they even got a chance to bat in the bottom of the 1st. Correct me if I'm wrong...and I don't think I am. Birds swarmed them again, and I think Girardi is going to force the team to watch "The Birds" before tonight's game. What do you say?

Comment

• Originally posted by keystone View Post
                        AAARRGGGHHHH!!! I lived through Carl Everett with the Astros.

I had Everett pegged for what he was back in '92. Back then, Carl The Clubhouse Cancer was with the Yankees Ft. Lauderdale team. I lived a few miles down the road from Ft. Lauderdale Stadium and I'd go ro games just so I could see who I'd be hating ina few years Anyway, one night vs the Osceola Astros, they were giving away Ft. Lauderdale Yankee card sets. I figured I get a set for one of my co-workers (die-hard Yankee fan). Everett was on the DL and in the stands in the rwo behind me and a few seats over. During the game, this 8 year old kid goes up to Everett and asks him to sign his card. Everett's response? "Get the *beep* out of my face!" There are some things you don't say to a kid..that's one of them. I turn and glare at Everett. He says to me "What the *beep* you staring at?" I answer back "Absolutely nothing." He didn't get it.

Forward a few months later. The Expansion draft at Joe Robbie Stadium. Marlins select Everett. I start laughing. Some fans want to know why. I just say that Everett is one guy the Marlins will not want to send out on any goodwill caravans...

Believe me...when we got him before the 2000 season, first thing I did...grabbed the Maalox.
                        Last edited by SDL; 05-21-2008, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• 5 in-a-row. How's the weather below?:

Comment

• Very clever, Williamsburg2599. Sorry to intrude in the grudge match; I just thought you'd like to know that your humor is appreciated.
                            Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Comment

• What a beautiful, sunny picture

Up, up and away....(that's part of an old song for you younguns).

Well, DiceK has another win,#7, with the teams help. A first baseman that can run and field and hit. Maybe Giambi should watch movies of how it's done.

Papelglare came in with bases loaded, the end. If they want the game to move faster, hitters should just concede to him.

Walk Manny. Lowell, grand slam.

Gotta check the rosters and schedule. And last year on this date.

Now, which team was it again that got screwed by Selig and MLB, playing in three countries before opening at home?

Colon can manage a few innings. And there's this kid, lemme see, Lester, that's right....he did something called a no hitter, which Varitek claimed not to be aware of until he noticed nobody was warming up.

More, waiting in Portland and Pawtucket, getting their innings in, to come up when someone needs a rest.

How's the pitching in New Yawk? If I was Posada, I'd request sick leave for the rest of the season.

Should I send the url for Baseball 101 to New Yawk?

Will the wild card be Tampa Bay?
                              Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                              Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                                I had Everett pegged for what he was back in '92. Back then, Carl The Clubhouse Cancer was with the Yankees Ft. Lauderdale team. I lived a few miles down the road from Ft. Lauderdale Stadium and I'd go ro games just so I could see who I'd be hating ina few years Anyway, one night vs the Osceola Astros, they were giving away Ft. Lauderdale Yankee card sets. I figured I get a set for one of my co-workers (die-hard Yankee fan). Everett was on the DL and in the stands in the row behind me and a few seats over. During the game, this 8 year old kid goes up to Everett and asks him to sign his card. Everett's response? "Get the *beep* out of my face!" There are some things you don't say to a kid..that's one of them. I turn and glare at Everett. He says to me "What the *beep* you staring at?" I answer back "Absolutely nothing." He didn't get it.

Forward a few months later. The Expansion draft at Joe Robbie Stadium. Marlins select Everett. I start laughing. Some fans want to know why. I just say that Everett is one guy the Marlins will not want to send out on any goodwill caravans...

Believe me...when we got him before the 2000 season, first thing I did...grabbed the Maalox.
                                How classy of Everett. He is a grade-A jerk, nothing can be changed about it. Remember his "incidents" whilst he was playing for the Red Sox? I sure do. He was a class act and he irritated Jimy Williams, his manager at the time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X