Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, good old Jurassic Carl. Baseball player, Archaeologist, and overall Renaissance man. It's hard to pick just one tidbit of Mr. Everett's wisdom, but here are some of my favorites:

"Yeah, that could have happened. It's possible. That is something you could prove. You can't prove dinosaurs ever existed. I feel it's far-fetched."
    on the July 20, 1969 Moon landing

"You can make bones in the lab nowadays. And every year they come out with a different dinosaur movie, so does that mean that that dinosaur existed? A lot of things are being made that you would never see walk on this Earth."
    - C-Rex on dinosaurs bones as evidence that dinosaurs.....existed.

"I'm crazy. But I'm fun crazy."

"They need to implode Wrigley [Field]."

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
      How classy of Everett. He is a grade-A jerk, nothing can be changed about it. Remember his "incidents" whilst he was playing for the Red Sox? I sure do. He was a class act and he irritated Jimy Williams, his manager at the time.
      I remember his boasts that he would get Jimy canned. Why the hell Duquette
      was letting him get away with so much crap, I'll never know. If you remember when Jimy did get canned, Everett was publicly happy and praised Kerrigan. But when Kerrigan fines him for missing a practive, suddenly Carl The Clubhouse Cancer hates Kerrigan and claims Kerrigan called him the N word during Spring Training. ALL OF A SUDDEN HE REMEMBERS THIS??????????

Even sadder..all we could get was Darren Oliver for him.

I kind of wish the Yankees had never let him go..Carl vs the Boss or any other Yankee authority figure...would have made the Reggie vs Billy spats look like baby talk.
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Updated BBF Forum Policy:

All fans of loserboy (and losergirl/MIT flunky) teams that just got swept over the weekend will have their posting rights suspended.

Seattle's about due for a few wins tonight anyway!
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Note: Sweeps against last place teams don't count as official sweeps. Sorry to disappoint you Yanks fans. Try again, and Baltimore doesn't count either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            Updated BBF Forum Policy:

All fans of loserboy (and losergirl/MIT flunky) teams that just got swept over the weekend will have their posting rights suspended.

Seattle's about due for a few wins tonight anyway!
            Looks to be someone got flocked by the Birds again! Can't beat those O's this year, eh?

And we plunged the lost at sea Mariners (sorry M's fans) to another loss. How's that sound? Not good?

Comment

Looks to be someone got flocked by the Birds again! Can't beat those O's this year, eh?

And we plunged the lost at sea Mariners (sorry M's fans) to another loss. How's that sound? Not good?

I eagerly anticipate the eventual Joey Pitbull/Steinbrenner (either The Boss or Hanky-poo or both) clash

Comment

• Let's see for comparison in the rivalry - Boston is the equivelent of the United States Marine Corps. As for the Yanks? They're too busy watching or reading about the show/manga Sailor Moon, taking daily walks in the Bronx Zoo, eagerly waiting for #27 to come by. The Pitbull is "trying" to get to #27, but it ain't this year. I guess this year, he is trying too hard to be part of the Sailor Team instead of being part of the Yankees. Of course, that angers the Steinbrenners, because they want to win again. Anyway, let's see what the Sox can do to the Yankees the next time they meet.

When will "Judgment Day: the Steinbrenners against Joe Girardi" come? When will the Yanks lose in Minnesota next? (more losses = angrier Hank S.)

And please stop bringing up Buckner's Error and Bucky Dent's home run, or else...I'll make you wear this hat.

Comment

• What's the matter, Yankee fans? Your team can't win series that well this year?

Seems like the Twins are telling them who's boss, and their 3-game winning streak is about to be snapped. Give me the box score of the Joba game - he's going against a good pitcher. I forgot his name, but it had a Halladay in the name, and the first name could be Roy.

Comment

• Roy Halladay vs. tubby Star Wars character. Who do you think wins?
                    JOSH BECKETT= 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey, could a Yanks fan please give me an update on how Joba's start tonight went? I saw how his start went. Looks like someone was rushed to start.

Have fun with the 9-3 deficit against Toronto, Yanks. You have quite a bit to catch up against Toronto. Will Mt. Steinbrenner finally erupt this week? Find out.

Comment

• Anyway, what happened to Mariano Rivera yesterday afternoon at a game "on the line?"

Comment

• I couldn'[t help but note that a certain jackass Knick fan was wearing his Yankee gear at The Staples Center tonight.

Didn't help. did it you Boston hater!

Oh, and your movies suck, too, Spike!

Comment

• We get Cincinnati this weekend, and the Yankees get a tougher opponent in Houston. The wanna-be starter (Chamerlain) vs. the Ex-Yank (Chacon) is tonight for New York, and Boston gets Masterson against the surprisingly struggling Aaron Harang. Let's see A-Rod try to hit a home run in the Crawford boxes in Minute Maid Park tonight. Odds are, Carlos Lee catches all of his "going yard" attempts.

Cincinnati has to deal with a Boston team that blew out Baltimore - and it's a real launching pad there in Great American Ball Park, if you know what I mean.

Comment

We get Cincinnati this weekend, and the Yankees get a tougher opponent in Houston. The wanna-be starter (Chamerlain) vs. the Ex-Yank (Chacon) is tonight for New York, and Boston gets Masterson against the surprisingly struggling Aaron Harang. Let's see A-Rod try to hit a home run in the Crawford boxes in Minute Maid Park tonight. Odds are, Carlos Lee catches all of his "going yard" attempts.

Cincinnati has to deal with a Boston team that blew out Baltimore - and it's a real launching pad there in Great American Ball Park, if you know what I mean.
                              If that's the case, then how'd those games turn out? Gee, I even hear that the Phillies *PITCHER* got 2 hits on Friday nite.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280613124

Don't worry, the Yanks also scored 2 runs. However, *JOBA* the Great managed to do a much better job, and the GWH wasn't delivered in the first inning, unlike the St Lou team.

Boston can't beat Cincy. Yanks beat Houston, so how's the tougher opponent thing going? Would you prefer to face weaklings for easy wins? That's the loserboy mentality.
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 06-14-2008, 01:22 AM.
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                                I couldn'[t help but note that a certain jackass Knick fan was wearing his Yankee gear at The Staples Center tonight.

Didn't help. did it you Boston hater!

Oh, and your movies suck, too, Spike!
                                Hey, at least somebody on the court loves you folks. Considering that nobody else does!

Kobe Bryant to Curt Schilling: 'Go Yankees'
                                Much has been made about Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling sitting courtside at Game 2 of the Celtics-Lakers series in Boston and then blogging afterwards about how he thought that Lakers captain Kobe Bryant is too harsh on his teammates. In fact, the exact words "bitch at his teammates" were used in Schilling's post about Bryant.

Well, after Wednesday's practice in L.A., Bryant responded to Schilling's claims. And while KB24's response was just two words, it was certainly MVP-worthy. When asked what he thought about Schilling's blog, Kobe simply replied:

"Go Yankees."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X