Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as I'm concerned, that night will NEVER happen! At least for the Red Sox. For New York, maybe it will happen. Before that, one event will be "take batting practice on Seattle and watch the fans leave the seats" night first before that event occurs.

Sorry Mattingly, slamming hapless Seattle is the first priority. Then it's a mad dash to Boston to do the same thing to the visiting team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacosaregood/metsguy234 View Post
      TWO people have over ONE THOUSAND posts in this thread...
      SDL and Solair Wright, perhaps?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Actually it's Mattingly and Ken who have the thousand posts in this thread. Anyway, do you know what happens tomorrow? Which manager will be victorious in this series: Joey G or Terry "Tito" Francona? Find out this weekend, 'cause the bitter rivals itself play each other at 4 Yawkey Way.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          No No NO!!!!

This cannot be!

A former Red Sox fan favorite is now working for The Evil Empire!!!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=475

Why, Jody...WHY????????????
          Yes Yes YES!!!!

That's sweet! :cap:
          http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Q_Zerpnj63I/Sa...flbot-qUQb.jpg

Comment

• Here's a nice can of Yankee Bean soup for all of you. I'll have to break open some this weekend.

Last edited by Mattingly; 07-25-2008, 05:07 AM.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
              Actually it's Mattingly and Ken who have the thousand posts in this thread. Anyway, do you know what happens tomorrow? Which manager will be victorious in this series: Joey G or Terry "Tito" Francona? Find out this weekend, 'cause the bitter rivals itself play each other at 4 Yawkey Way.
              Hey, we had to keep this thread alive. How else to spend lots of time?

Now if Ken isn't here, then who plays my co-spy?

In NHRA drag racing, there were some old legends, one of the most famous of which were funny car racers Don "Snake" Prudhomme vs Tom "Mongoose" McEwen. Their namesakes were natural enemies in the wildlife, and they were natural and worthy combatants.

Now let the party begin!

Comment

• Mattingly, I'll graciously offer my services as your rival for the sake of this weekend's series...just don't go overboard
                Best posts ever:
                Originally posted by nymdan
                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• I think he already went overboard. And how much do you want to bet that SDL's arch-nemesis/Yankees superfan Spike Lee will be there? I bet nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                    Mattingly, I'll graciously offer my services as your rival for the sake of this weekend's series...just don't go overboard
                    Nahhhhhhhhh, we've already opened up the first can. We'll just open up 2 more cans we've got hidden away in storage.

Now then, a nice av for your anyway:

Comment

• The sun rose a little while ago. It's another day.
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Now, I wanted to ask you guys this (Red Sox PoV): What was your opinion on Wade Boggs leaving the team to join the enemy? Or Johnny (Who?) Damon?

And for the Yanks: David Wells joining the Red Sox in 2005 - what were your thoughts on a perfect game thrower join the team you never wanted him to (or you did)? (or any Yankee fan favourite that defected to the Red Sox)

Comment

Now, I wanted to ask you guys this (Red Sox PoV): What was your opinion on Wade Boggs leaving the team to join the enemy? Or Johnny (Who?) Damon?

And for the Yanks: David Wells joining the Red Sox in 2005 - what were your thoughts on a perfect game thrower join the team you never wanted him to (or you did)? (or any Yankee fan favourite that defected to the Red Sox)
                          Because of the rules against bad language in this forum, I must respectfully decline in telling you my feelings about those two TRAITORS B***s and D***n.

And don't get me started on that crybaby C*****s!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                            Because of the rules against bad language in this forum, I must respectfully decline in telling you my feelings about those two TRAITORS B***s and D***n.

And don't get me started on that crybaby C*****s!
                            Same feelings, to a lesser extent(at least one came back and accepted his hatred, others don't acknowledge it!!!)
                            Best posts ever:
                            Originally posted by nymdan
                            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• If I went back in time to 1993 and saw Wade Boggs wtih the Yanks, here's what I would say: Whilst Wade Boggs is taking BP during Spring Training, I should have said "Margo Adams caused you to defect to the Yankees? You traitor!" Clemens in 1999: "Toronto wasn't the place for you, so you cried your way to New York? You traitor!" And as for Damon: "You couldn't have been loyal to Boston, the team you wanted to play the rest of your career? You traitor!"

Not so nice words I have with the three "forbidden" players.
                              Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-26-2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling and edited my post a bit

Comment

If I went back in time to 1993 and saw Wade Boggs wtih the Yanks, here's what I would say: Whilst Wade Boggs is taking BP during Spring Training, I should have said "Margo Adams caused you to defect to the Yankees? You traitor!" Clemens in 1999: "Toronto wasn't the place for you, so you cried your way to New York? You traitor!" And as for Damon: "You couldn't have been loyal to Boston, the team you wanted to play the rest of your career? You traitor!"

Not so nice words I have with the three "forbidden" players.
                                In '93, I was at the ST game in Lauderdale between the Sox and Yankees. Tons of Sox fans along teh 3rd base side. Boggs is playing 3rd fot the Yankees. We're giving it to him with catcalls of "traitor." Later in the game,somebody from the Sox pops up to him. Boggs backs away and Andy Stankiewicz has to run in from short to catch it. I yell "GEE WADE....MARGO ADAMS COULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT!" He heard it and glared at us.

What did he expect? Us to be nicey-nicey to him?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X