Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, they (the Forbidden Three) got what was coming to them for defecting to the enemy team. It's common for fans to call them a traitor after defecting from the Red Sox doesn't mean anything. "Crying your way out of Toronto so he can pitch for NY" to C*****s was the exact response many other Beantowners would've said to crybaby C*****s.

B***s and D***n got what was coming to them on their return visits to Fenway, especially their first visit. (On May 22, 2006, the day I graduated from high school, D***n still got booed relentlessly, even though he returned earlier in the month.) How vicious was C*****s' reaction when he returned to Fenway Park in 1999?

Tomorrow's another night, you know, Yanks. We'll be ready for you tomorrow night...
    Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: Fixed my post up a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
      Now, I wanted to ask you guys this (Red Sox PoV): What was your opinion on Wade Boggs leaving the team to join the enemy? Or Johnny (Who?) Damon?

And for the Yanks: David Wells joining the Red Sox in 2005 - what were your thoughts on a perfect game thrower join the team you never wanted him to (or you did)? (or any Yankee fan favourite that defected to the Red Sox)
      I'm guessing that Wade Boggs was the first superstar player to jump ship like that. I'm guessing that the closest opposite was Cone, who in Sep 2001, came within 1 strike of being on the opposite side of a Perfecto by Moose.

I'd have to look up his stats, but Wade was famous for riding that police horse. I just remember wondering howhe became a Yankee.

Boomer didn't wish to be disciplined. Amost 10 years after people felt it would, his weight finally caught up to him. He refused some weight clause that Torre and Mel Stottlemyre (pitch coach) insisted on. He ended up pitching quite well against us, railed against us for booing him. What did he expect to receive, that Clemens got at Fenway?

In the end, Cone ended up returning to the Boss' favor after spending time in notorious Section 39 (Bleacher Creatures), and George gave him a YES announcing gig, which he still has.

I preferred Clemens' first stint with the Yanks. After he'd declared free agency following the 2003 season, after the heavily-promoted and long "Goodbye at all the ballparks" type of tour, even replacing Zito in the 2003 ASG due to sentiment, I couldn't believe he was so calculating.

When Clemens returned, I thought it was an admission that Cashman couldn't get an SP. The quick and ugly signing which cost boatloads of money but no players.

After all of the PED allegations, I'd just consider him an ex-Yankee and let him fade away.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Nobody's worn #21 in Fenway since Clemens left. As far as I'm concerned the only Texan who deserves to have that number retired was Ray Culp. Culp pitched hurt and was never a crybaby. Culp had courage.

Beckett wore #21 with the Marlins. They should give him #21 in Fenway
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm gonna tell you a story
          I'm gonna tell you about my town
          I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
          Aww, it's all about my town
          Yeah, down by the river
          Down by the banks of the river Charles
          (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
          That's where you'll find me
          Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
          (aw, but they're cool people)
          Well I love that dirty water
          Oh, Boston, you're my home
          (oh, you're the Number One place)
          Frustrated women
          (I mean they're frustrated)
          Have to be in by twelve o'clock
          (oh, that's a shame)
          But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
          That just once those doors weren't locked
          (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
          Well I love that dirty water
          Oh, Boston, you're my home
          (oh, yeah)
          Because I love that dirty water
          Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
          (oh, yeah)
          Well, I love that dirty water
          (I love it, baby)
          I love that dirty water
          (I love Baw-stun)
          I love that dirty water
          (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
          I love that dirty water
          (I'm the man, I'm the man)
          I love that dirty water
          (Owww!)
          I love that dirty water
          (Come on, come on)

Comment

• My, it's nice and quiet in here.

Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Actually, I've been reading up on the trade deadline and also busy in real life. Seems like Posada went under the knife, and Pudge replaces him. Who'll be next to be replaced on the teams' rosters?

By the way, my next question. Who lost two of three to BALTIMORE, I wonder? The team with the confusing name changes comes to New York tonight for four, and they're ready to take the Yanks down. I like this idea...
              Last edited by Solair Wright; 07-31-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Ok, let here it. How badly did the Sox get soaked in this,

'Dodgers get Manny, Bay to Red Sox, four players to Pittsburgh', deal? :dismay: :crossfingers:

I think they gave up way too much, in prospects especially, for Bay . . . :disbelief: h
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                  Ok, let here it. How badly did the Sox get soaked in this,

'Dodgers get Manny, Bay to Red Sox, four players to Pittsburgh', deal? :dismay: :crossfingers:

I think they gave up way too much, in prospects especially, for Bay . . . :disbelief: h
                  It's basically Manny, Moss & Hansen for Bay. I knew Hasen wa sgoing to eventually go ina deal, but since we needed BP help...WHY DIDN'T THEO DEMAND THAT GRABOW BE INCLUDED????

Even when we got rid of Nomar in '04, we at least got two players in return.

Comment

• I guess it really doesn't matter what we got for him. Bottom line, he had to go. Period. - :disbelief:
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

I guess it really doesn't matter what we got for him. Bottom line, he had to go. Period. - :disbelief:
                      And you can bet your bottom dollar that they use the savings from his salary next year($13 million at least) towards getting good relief and retaining Bay for a few more years...

And what does Bay do in his first game with Boston? Gets on base four times including a triple that would lead to him being the game winning run...not a bad debut.
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Well, the Yanks get to deal with the "other" Rangers - these Rangers score lots of runs, AND also give up lots of runs as well! This is going to be an interesting series, but they'll get sick of the heat on this savannah and split the series. Boston gets to deal with the Royals at KC, and it's Buchholz vs. Meche, Beckett vs. Bannister, then for the finale... Wake vs. Hochevar. Those are the correct names for the Royals - crazy names. Then off we go...to the Windy City!

As for the Yanks, here's who you are facing in this chaotic four-game series: Joba vs. Padilla, Pettite vs. Harrison, Ponson vs. Tommy Hunter and then...the Moose that's about to lose his antlers (starting rotation) because of his age vs. Scott Feldman. Will the Rangers' scoreboard break because of how many runs the Yanks give up? Will the scoreboard in Kansas City get hit with a fly ball by Jason Bay? Stay tuned.

Comment

• Where's Ken? Did he put a hex on the Yanks? You folks are supposed to lose, we're supposed to win. Remember?

Anyway, here he is representing Red Sawx fantasizers the world over. I heard his media appearance was co-written by his favorite beverage company.

Last edited by Mattingly; 08-06-2008, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                            Where's Ken? Did he put a hex on the Yanks? You folks are supposed to lose, we're supposed to win. Remember?
                            Boy Matt, you must have one hell of a memory to remember that far back . . . .

Hey Matt, check out this ESPN A.L. East Poll. VERY insightful. Don't you think?
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM. Reason: To rip Matt a little . . .
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

Boy Matt, you must have one hell of a memory to remember that far back . . . .

Hey Matt, check out this ESPN A.L. East Poll. VERY insightful. Don't you think?
                              So Ken, when are you going to admit that the svelte guy on that pack (complete with his 6-pack abs) is really you? They could be 24-pack abs, since I think it took him a few cases to get into such lovely shape.

Now then, new and scandalous youth pix of efin98 have been located, and are revealed below:

Where is CB when we need her? Meditating, perhaps?

I guess that magic marker sales have gone up since Damon left, eh?

CB's new av:

And of course, the cheesy dig:

I think I remember seeing this guy somewhere. Can you remind me where? Please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                                I think I remember seeing this guy somewhere. Can you remind me where? Please?

Tommy Lasorda? I could have sworn it was laying on his back after getting hit with a bat
                                Attached Files
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X