Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To put it this way...we dislike the Lakers just as much as we dislike the Yankees...
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

    Comment


    • A month ago the Red Sox were 8.5 Games behind, and now they're only one game out. Who'd of thunk it?

      Certainly not me.
      :disbelief:
      Ken Fougère

      Comment


      • Manny Who?
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
          Manny Who?
          You got that right . . . .
          Ken Fougère

          Comment


          • How did this happen?

            For a team, I thought would struggle offensively, Boston is currently leading the league in:

            • Hits
            • Runs
            • Doubles
            • RBI's
            • Total Bases
            • Slugging %


            Second in the league in:

            • Batting Average
            • Home Runs


            How can this be? Especially with the line-ups the Yankees and Tampa Bay both have.
            KenFougere
            Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
            Last edited by KenFougere; 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM.
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • What a nightmare of a season . . .
              This has been such a frustrating season. Injuries to the key players in the lineup & the starting rotation was relentless. It began early in the season and occurred very often. It really KO'd the Sox all season long and they simply couldn't recover. Their starting lineup roster just eclipsed the 200 (players) mark for the season.
              Lester and Buchholz were exceptional all season. The dismal performances from Beckett, Lackey, Dice-K and especially Jonathan Papelbon in crucial games was most disappointing.
              I can only hope that Theo Epstein does something major to address this teams glaring needs. The bullpen needs an overhaul. I doubt they'll spend the money needed to resign both Adrian Beltre and Victor Martinez. Mike Lowell is retiring. David Ortiz is another year older and clearly Mike Cameron is not the answer as a starter in the OF.
              It goes on and on.
              :dismay:
              KenFougere
              Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
              Last edited by KenFougere; 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM.
              Ken Fougère

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                This has been such a frustrating season. Injuries to the key players in the lineup & the starting rotation was relentless. It began early in the season and occurred very often. It really KO'd the Sox all season long and they simply couldn't recover. Their starting lineup roster just eclipsed the 200 (players) mark for the season.
                Lester and Buchholz were exceptional all season. The dismal performances from Beckett, Lackey, Dice-K and especially Jonathan Papelbon in crucial games was most disappointing.
                I can only hope that Theo Epstein does something major to address this teams glaring needs. The bullpen needs an overhaul. I doubt they'll spend the money needed to resign both Adrian Beltre and Victor Martinez. Mike Lowell is retiring. David Ortiz is another year older and clearly Mike Cameron is not the answer as a starter in the OF.
                It goes on and on.
                :dismay:
                But at least, we blocked the Yankees from getting Johnny Damon back!!!

                True, Cameron was a flop (injuries didn't help) and I'd have to say that McDonald & Nava played better than Cameron did. There's a good chance that Ellsbury will not be back next season...Give Kalish the CF spot and let McDonald and Nava vie for anorther OF spot with the loser becoming the 4th OFer.
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                Comment


                • It's hard to tell what Cameron might have done; he was hurt all season. I have been impressed by Kalish, McDonald, and Nava; Lowrie's done pretty well since his return, and Beltre's been pretty darn good. I think the Sox did better than anyone could have expected, if you count the general misfortune they've had to deal with.

                  I may write another sonnet or two about this season. Makin' lemonade from this year's lemons. Check the Poetry thread over in BI in the next couple of days.
                  --Annie
                  Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                  Remember Yellowdog
                  ABNY

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                    It's hard to tell what Cameron might have done; he was hurt all season. I have been impressed by Kalish, McDonald, and Nava; Lowrie's done pretty well since his return, and Beltre's been pretty darn good. I think the Sox did better than anyone could have expected, if you count the general misfortune they've had to deal with.

                    I may write another sonnet or two about this season. Makin' lemonade from this year's lemons. Check the Poetry thread over in BI in the next couple of days.
                    I just think Cameron is way past his prime to be a starter. I agree with you about Kalish, McDonald, and Nava. Beltre has been a monster all season long. I hope they can find a way to sign him & Victor Martinez. And, you're right. They did do a lot better than we had a right to expect considering all the incredible bad luck they've endured all season.
                    Ken Fougère

                    Comment


                    • Happy Holidays . . . .

                      Merry Christmas to all my fellow Baseball-Fever members.

                      Ken Fougère

                      Comment


                      • Xmas came a bit early for us We got Crawford and Gonzalez and Wheeler

                        (Mark Prior on a minor-league deal? Isn't that equivalent to a lump of coal?)
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          Xmas came a bit early for us We got Crawford and Gonzalez and Wheeler

                          (Mark Prior on a minor-league deal? Isn't that equivalent to a lump of coal?)
                          This year certainly does look more promising.
                          I'm really looking forward to watching A-Gon hit in Fenway this season. I think a 40 HR, 130 RBI season for him is not out of the question.
                          Now if Beckett and Lackey could perform close to justifying their salary's, the Sox have a chance to reach the 100 win plateau. Especially since Tampa shouldn't be that much of a factor in the AL East this year with losing many of their offensive stars.
                          KenFougere
                          Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
                          Last edited by KenFougere; 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM.
                          Ken Fougère

                          Comment


                          • 2 out of 3...

                            We'll take it!
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                              I've actually told my European friends that Red Sox/Yankees is the equivalent of Celtic/Rangers...altho to us Bostonians, Celtic/Laker is THE item right now
                              Redsox/Yankees doesn't get as violent as those soccer rivalries get, does it?

                              I mean, I've seen dozens of Redsox/Yankee games and nobody ever raises a fist to one another. Of course I've seen all of these games at Yankee Stadium (both old and new) so I don't know what it's like on the other side - I have been to Fenway, but never when the Yankees were in town. I would LIKE to think that it's not considered dangerous for Yankee fans to simply SHOW UP at Fenway. It's not, is it?

                              (I would hope not. Redsox fans are fairly well treated at Yankee Stadium, so I can only assume that I - as a Yankee fan - would not be in danger if I went to Fenway. And no, I wouldn't be getting drunk or starting fights or any of that crap.)
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

                              Comment


                              • Beckett's performance was a shocker. Now they need to build on this weekend.
                                Ken Fougère

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X