Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is...if they can win again tommorow night, but I think that goes without saying. :cap:
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• You might want to look at the standings for a second...something isn't right here.

East W L PCT GB

Tampa Bay 85 56 .603 -
      Boston 84 58 .592 1.5
      Toronto 76 66 .535 9.5
      New York 76 67 .531 10.0
      Baltimore 63 78 .447 22.0

Hmm... What can you detect what is wrong in the standings very quickly? Hint: This team lost to the lowly Mariners today, losing the series to them. What team was that? Hint: N _ _ Y _ _ _ Y _ _ _ _ _ _

Comment

• Due to unfortunate situations beyond our control, this thread will be purged of all posts made by Solair Wright, KenFougere, efin98 and SDL. This shall surely cleanse the site and make the miserable season halfway bearable. Please understand while the cleansing and healing process begins.

-BBF Management, da-da-da Bronx Chapter!
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Due to unfortunate situations beyond our control, this thread will be purged of all posts made by Solair Wright, KenFougere, efin98 and SDL. This shall surely cleanse the site and make the miserable season halfway bearable. Please understand while the cleansing and healing process begins.

Not a bad day.

Sox won.

Pats won

Yankees lost.

Rays lost

Like I said, not a bad day
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
            You might want to look at the standings for a second...something isn't right here.

East W L PCT GB

Tampa Bay 85 56 .603 -
            Boston 84 58 .592 1.5
            Toronto 76 66 .535 9.5
            New York 76 67 .531 10.0
            Baltimore 63 78 .447 22.0

Hmm... What can you detect what is wrong in the standings very quickly?
            That's funny . . .
            . . . (aside from the Sox are only a half game back), everything else looks perfectly fine to me.
            Mmm. I wonder how long it will take the Orioles to take over forth place?
            Last edited by KenFougere; 09-09-2008, 07:47 AM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

Due to unfortunate situations beyond our control, this thread will be purged of all posts made by Solair Wright, KenFougere, efin98 and SDL. This shall surely cleanse the site and make the miserable season halfway bearable. Please understand while the cleansing and healing process begins.

- Now, now . . .
              Is that any way to celebrate forth place?
              I ask you . . .

On the 'up-side' Matt, you're only 9.5 back in the wild card chase . . . .
              Last edited by KenFougere; 09-09-2008, 08:25 AM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Isn't it about time that Joey Pitbull starts to smack around some of his players and tell off one or both to the Steinbrenners with some not so nice things?

Oh...and since his beloved Cubs are doing great, he can once again wish that HE was the manager in Wrigley.

All of the above are stunts he pulled with the Marlins...

Comment

• The unlucky number for the Yanks is two. :hyper: The one thing that would be great is if Tampa beats Minnesota and if the Yanks lose to the White Sox tonight. Then Santa Steinbrenner, come free agent season, will really light a fuse and fire 90% of the clubhouse and go on a free agent spree.

I wonder what Santa Steinbrenner's birthday present will be next Independence Day when they play the Toronto Blue Jays? Another double-digit loss? Hey it could happen.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, they're up next. Let's root for the O's to sweep NY out of the stadium so they end the stadium with a whimper (and Georgie threatening to fire Cashman for good). Knowing Joe Girardi, that may just happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                    The unlucky number for the Yanks is two. :hyper: The one thing that would be great is if Tampa beats Minnesota and if the Yanks lose to the White Sox tonight. Then Santa Steinbrenner, come free agent season, will really light a fuse and fire 90% of the clubhouse and go on a free agent spree.

I wonder what Santa Steinbrenner's birthday present will be next Independence Day when they play the Toronto Blue Jays? Another double-digit loss? Hey it could happen.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, they're up next. Let's root for the O's to sweep NY out of the stadium so they end the stadium with a whimper (and Georgie threatening to fire Cashman for good). Knowing Joe Girardi, that may just happen.

If Cashman gets fired, you KNOW some other team will snap him up. It'll be a blessing in a disguise for him. Still plenty of time for Joey Pitbull to have a meltdown...

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      Not a bad day.

Sox won.

Pats won

Yankees lost.

Rays lost

Like I said, not a bad day
                      We may be eliminated, but at least we can beat the Rays.

Now please hurry up and lose a few more guys, thank you very much.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

That last part cross the line, Mattingly...never wish harm on another person regardless of being rivals
                        Best posts ever:
                        Originally posted by nymdan
                        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                          That last part cross the line, Mattingly...never wish harm on another person regardless of being rivals
                          What?

You mean I can't wish a severe case of hemorrhoids upon King George III during a Preparation H shortage???????

I can't wish that Joey Pitbull gets ingrown hairs on his head????

Comment

I would assume that Mattingly meant "lose a few more GAMES, guys", not "lose a few more guys TO INJURY".
                            Wishing that the other side would lose games is what this thread is all about!!!
                            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• I'll miss it . . . .
                              'The Rivalry' put aside, I really hate to see such a great, historic ballpark put down . . . :dismay:

Yankee Stadium, Opening Day, 1923

The $2.5 million "House That Ruth Built" opens with a crowd of 74,200. More than 25,000 fans were turned away at the turnstiles as the Yankees defeated the Red Sox, 4-1. Governors, generals, politicians and baseball officials were on hand for the dedication ceremonies, but the real baptism came in the third inning when Babe Ruth smashed a ball into the right field bleachers, the first home run in the Bronx stadium.

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                                I would assume that Mattingly meant "lose a few more GAMES, guys", not "lose a few more guys TO INJURY".
                                Wishing that the other side would lose games is what this thread is all about!!!
                                Had to reread it a couple of times before I got that that must have been what he meant...Oopsiedoodle!
                                Best posts ever:
                                Originally posted by nymdan
                                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X