This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
    I'm mostly inactive for a while and I see a certain bandwagoner in this thread. Hmm. I wonder what I mean by a "certain bandwagoner," don't you?
    Bah, stay retired, Smarty Pants. I hope that Tampa Bay wins. If they do, I'm sticking with them or Philly. Only if Boston and LA win will I go for LAD. I'll take the anti-Steinbrenner son smack, but never the Beantown smacky-poo.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      Bah, humbug, it's a Bugs Bunny cheer.

Hey, I think I see Jason Bay up at bat.

Right cartoon character, wrong cartoon

And it's a classic football chant more than anything
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I'm not following you. Who's MM?
        Matt Millen, former pro football player and color commentator who was hired by the Detroit Lions to run their franchise into the ground...
        Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
          Matt Millen, former pro football player and color commentator who was hired by the Detroit Lions to run their franchise into the ground...
          Hey..he's available, right?

I think if Cashman had been let go, Millen would have been PERFECT for the job!!!!
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Right cartoon character, wrong cartoon

And it's a classic football chant more than anything
            Whatever, dude. Hey, I was out all day. Did the Beantown Sox and the La La Land Team win?
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Whatever, dude. Hey, I was out all day. Did the Beantown Sox and the La La Land Team win?
              Anyone here that buzzing? Sounds like a gnat crying for attention
              Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                I was expecting a split down at that hellholle I call the Trop.

LESTER GOES TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Yeah, I heard that Beantown won 9-1. Oh well, wait'll next year.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that Beantown won 9-1. Oh well, wait'll next year.
                  I didn't know they played a three game LCS
                  Best posts ever:

Comment

That's OK, young fella. If my ideal wish comes true, it'll take 3 more games:

Two for the Rays to bedevil Beantown and celebrate on Fenway's lawn, and one more for Torre to be unable to spit in anyone's face but his own.

With the Yankees missing the playoffs, I will do like a 1919-2003 Beantowner, and I will root against the archrival. I will take a Rays-Phanatics WS once a day, every day, twice on Sundays. All I want is for Beantown to get back on the losing track, and let it end in Game 5 at Fenway.

If that happens and the Philly Phanatics silence Torre and the LA-LA Dodgers, I'll be one very happy camper. Not one team will be able to talk smack to Yankee fans, and we have tons of Yankee fans in St Petersberg & Tampa Bay.

Comment

Two for the Rays to bedevil Beantown and celebrate on Fenway's lawn, and one more for Torre to be unable to spit in anyone's face but his own.

With the Yankees missing the playoffs, I will do like a 1919-2003 Beantowner, and I will root against the archrival. I will take a Rays-Phanatics WS once a day, every day, twice on Sundays. All I want is for Beantown to get back on the losing track, and let it end in Game 5 at Fenway.

If that happens and the Philly Phanatics silence Torre and the LA-LA Dodgers, I'll be one very happy camper. Not one team will be able to talk smack to Yankee fans, and we have tons of Yankee fans in St Petersberg & Tampa Bay.

Comment

Awww gee, Matt. Are you mad at Torre because he's in the playoffs and Joey Pitbull ain't?

Comment

It ain't over until it's over...you should know that better than anyone.

Where's a fly swatter when you need one?
                          Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                            Awww gee, Matt. Are you mad at Torre because he's in the playoffs and Joey Pitbull ain't?
                            Yeah, well I never thought that Girardi would get us into the playoffs anyway. It took him awhile to adjust, and he had a much larger payroll team to deal with than before. At least he never had any ugly moments with Cashman or the young Steins, unlike his Loria days with Florida.

This Beantown moment is brought to you by the military bugle players stationed around the world.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. After last night's game, Beantown is surely a bust!

No a single Beantowner had 2 hits all night, but 4 Rays had 2 hits and Aybar had 5 hits. OK, enough smackey-poo for one night. I'll have to hope that tomorrow is just as enjoyable (if possible).

*hopes that they don't write me up for posting this*

Comment

It ain't over until it's over...you should know that better than anyone.

Where's a fly swatter when you need one?
                              Yeah, I know it's not over. After those ugly "last four games" from you-know-when, I know that all too well. However, I'm willing to go out on a limb (and hope that it doesn't fall off the tree) and say that Wednesday & Thursday will be very good days for me.

Comment

• It ain't over until the fat lady sings...and I have not heard my ex since '84; I doubt I'll be hearing her voice anytime soon.

Matt...what happened in the ALCS four years ago? Who was down 3-0? Hmmmm?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X