Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These two are great. Who is the little guy anyway?

Why are they wearing a pair of socks on their shoulders? Airing their laundry?
    Are they clean or dirty?

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

^^ Why is the teenaged batboy jawing with Jorge Posada?

^^ What the heck is going on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
      I like dogs and would never disrespect a dog by comparing Man's Best Friend to a Dodgers fan. That's just wrong.
      Oh my, your words cut through me like a scythe.

I cannot go on with my life.
      No one can make you
      Do what they want to
      You know you're stronger
      Than the lies
      That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
        Oh my, your words cut through me like a scythe.

I cannot go on with my life.
        No please, don't do it! Without Dodger fans to make fun of our lives would be less full. :hissyfit:

Comment

• Originally posted by CandlestickBum View Post
          No please, don't do it! Without Dodger fans to make fun of our lives would be less full. :hissyfit:
          Without that Dodgers fan and his buddy on the Panhandle, oh I mean Portland

Comment

At least you have some sort of purpose in life.
            No one can make you
            Do what they want to
            You know you're stronger
            Than the lies
            That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
              So, Matt....How's the post-season been for you guys starting in 2001...?
              Doing just fine. We're beating up on a bunch of cheese puffs right now, but such is life.

How was life from 1919 to 2003? That's quite a few generations ago, I hear. Were you (or even your grandparents) alive back then?
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I was afraid of that.

In order:

Dodgers 1958
                Giants 1958
                Angels 1961
                A's 1968
                Padres 1969
                Mariners 1977

HTH
                Are the Dodgers and Giants something like twins, with one being born 5-10 minutes before the other? Did the LAD game begin an hour before the SFG game? Or did the infamous [invisible to Brooklyn Dodger fans]Walter O'Malley[/invisible] just make his announcement to move first?

You've never heard of Dodger dogs?

Though you'd be excused if you thought I might be referring to the team that plays in Petco.
                I see that they're ballpark hot dogs sold at Dodger Stadium (formerly Chavez Ravine).

http://www.losanjealous.com/2006/05/...rth-vs-length/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodger_Dog

Petco, Qualcomm. They should just stop changing names and call them all the Shamus, since that's the most famous thing in San Diego anyway (not named Tony Gwynn, Sr, of course).
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

These two are great. Who is the little guy anyway?

Why are they wearing a pair of socks on their shoulders? Airing their laundry?
                  Are they clean or dirty?
                  The little guy is 2Bman Dustin Pedroia, their itty bitty gritty little dirtdog.

The Red Sox players wear the patched sox as a symbol of their team. It's their corporate logo.

Red Sox fans, however, air their dirty laundry in here. I'm waiting for them to start crying about now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                    Or did the infamous [invisible to Brooklyn Dodger fans]Walter O'Malley[/invisible] just make his announcement to move first?
                    Yep, they announced first.

Comment

Yep, they announced first.
                      OK, that must be it. I just knew that [invisible]The Big O[/invisible] dragged the Giants along for the ride, making it even worse for the NYC baseball area, especially NL fans.

To all of the Beantowners here:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                        Are the Dodgers and Giants something like twins, with one being born 5-10 minutes before the other? Did the LAD game begin an hour before the SFG game? Or did the infamous [invisible to Brooklyn Dodger fans]Walter O'Malley[/invisible] just make his announcement to move first?

).
                        The Giants announced first.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          So, Matt....How's the post-season been for you guys starting in 2001...?
                          Does it really matter. The only team that has bragging rights is the team that took the World Series last year, it was not the Bosox and not the Yanks.

OH, so since the Bosox won two WS in recent years and the Yanks have not since 2000............ what about it, it's all in the past, you don't get extra points because your WS wins were more recent.

Like when Yankee fans talk about past WS wins, they are told, thats in the past.

Well now both the Bosox and Yankee WS wins are in the past.

I can tell you this much if it is the past you want to discuss, 86 year dry spell compared to all those flags flying in New York, Yankee fans have had more fun, loads more.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
                            The Giants announced first.

Huhn, have I had it backwards all this time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fra..._to_California

Not quite, Dodger's O'Malley got the Giant's to go along with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_...to_Los_Angeles

But yeah, to Mattingly, they went as twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
                              Does it really matter. The only team that has bragging rights is the team that took the World Series last year, it was not the Bosox and not the Yanks.

OH, so since the Bosox won two WS in recent years and the Yanks have not since 2000............ what about it, it's all in the past, you don't get extra points because your WS wins were more recent.

Like when Yankee fans talk about past WS wins, they are told, thats in the past.

Well now both the Bosox and Yankee WS wins are in the past.

I can tell you this much if it is the past you want to discuss, 86 year dry spell compared to all those flags flying in New York, Yankee fans have had more fun, loads more.
                              Exactly. Boston fans love to selectively edit out or forget all the times when their guys lost bad. 1946, 1967, 1975, 1978, 1986, 2003. Like their heart was ripped out of their soul again and again and again.

The Yanks had an 18-year dry spell from 1978-96, and we got swept in 1976 before winning in 1977-78, and before that, it was 15 years (1961-62), so this isn't that bad. I have no idea how they think we'd somehow forgotten about this. It's like comparing a well-oiled machine vs one whose wheels are falling off as it continues trudging along.

All I can tell you is that I've seen more Yankee WS championship teams in my lifetime than any living Red Sox fan (unless they're at least 100), with the first involving Reggie Jackson, the late and always beloved Thurman Munson, and the other Bronx Zoo characters.

Back to the current state of affairs:

Who's doing better wearing #18? Johnny Damon or $111m Dice-K (Dice-Who)? Just wondering.

Did Brian Cashman do better with CC and AJ, or did Theo do better in his Ca$h for Clunkers deal with Penny and Smoltz? Let me think about that a little.

Is Lowell still the bargain version of A-Rod, or does he even play much these days? How's Ortiz hitting these days?

^^ The Great Pumpkin will save all of Beantown ... from jumping into the Charles River.

Last edited by Mattingly; 08-10-2009, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Huhn, have I had it backwards all this time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fra..._to_California

Not quite, Dodger's O'Malley got the Giant's to go along with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_...to_Los_Angeles

But yeah, to Mattingly, they went as twins.
                                The Giants announced in August, 1957. The Didgers announced in October, 1957.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X