X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
    Much obliged my bitterest of rivals
    No problem, pal. But first, I will have to treat you like the losers your team is (and shall become tonight).

Let's hear it nice and loud for Tampa Bay and all the champagne they'll be drinking & chowda they'll be eating tonight! Oops, never mind, only you folks eat chowda.

So let Joey release the pitbulls on the team?

Please do!
    I see that SDL has borrowed efin's password. Shame on him! :

That will be the funnest time in New York since Billy Martin managed...except without the actual skills and Hall of Fame abilities that Billy had
    I remember Steinbrenner taunting Billy like he was George's rag doll to unapologetically and publicly embarass. He just kept putting down Billy, and thee was little that Bily did. Not a very good moment in Yankee history, other than the wins. At least we had Munson, Goose, Reggie, Rivers, Catfish, Chambliss, Piniella, Guidry, Dent, amongst others.

I'm not too sure we need a HoF manager. How many managers are going into this WS? Torre got eliminated, so that ends the contention. If the guy does his job and gives his team a great chance to win, can both set a good tone and advise the players on getting insurance runs, can force games closer, insuring that the opposing setup and closer get used on nights when the other manager wanted to rest them, he's forced that team's hand.

I like a manager who handles the lineup card and rotation wel, and I'm not too thrilled seeing slumping batters remain in a higher spot in the lineup when they obviously need a rest.

He will do that, but at a price to the farm system again...although it is nice seeing your top prospects doing great on other teams when they were severely needed in New York
    I thought at the time that it would've been wasteful to trade Hughes, Cabrera and Kennedy for Santana. Looking back on the deal, only Hughes may have been my regret, despite Santana's now getting off-season surgery.

CC Sabathia is my main interest, and I'm looking towards getting another starter. We need to keep our bullpen, since they're no longer a house of horors, including the elongated funny mirror..

With Sabathia, Wang, Moose, Joba and one more, we'll be in good business.

Thankfully for us in in Boston we have a nice agreement with the big networks- they highjack the feeds for a small price and broadcast on the local broadcast channels so those few without cable or satellites can watch
    I thought that was only mlb.tv. I presume that Selig favors Beantown, insuring that they have a steady stream of revenue.

Now we'll have to see where a sense of humor can be purchased for our young and wayward Beantowner.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
      Much obliged my bitterest of rivals
      No problem, pal. But first, I will have to treat you like the losers your team is (and shall become tonight).

Let's hear it nice and loud for Tampa Bay and all the champagne they'll be drinking & chowda they'll be eating tonight! Oops, never mind, only you folks eat chowda.

So let Joey release the pitbulls on the team?

Please do!
      I see that SDL has borrowed efin's password. Shame on him! :

That will be the funnest time in New York since Billy Martin managed...except without the actual skills and Hall of Fame abilities that Billy had
      I remember Steinbrenner taunting Billy like he was George's rag doll to unapologetically and publicly embarass. He just kept putting down Billy, and thee was little that Bily did. Not a very good moment in Yankee history, other than the wins. At least we had Munson, Goose, Reggie, Rivers, Catfish, Chambliss, Piniella, Guidry, Dent, amongst others.

I'm not too sure we need a HoF manager. How many managers are going into this WS? Torre got eliminated, so that ends the contention. If the guy does his job and gives his team a great chance to win, can both set a good tone and advise the players on getting insurance runs, can force games closer, insuring that the opposing setup and closer get used on nights when the other manager wanted to rest them, he's forced that team's hand.

I like a manager who handles the lineup card and rotation wel, and I'm not too thrilled seeing slumping batters remain in a higher spot in the lineup when they obviously need a rest.

He will do that, but at a price to the farm system again...although it is nice seeing your top prospects doing great on other teams when they were severely needed in New York
      I thought at the time that it would've been wasteful to trade Hughes, Cabrera and Kennedy for Santana. Looking back on the deal, only Hughes may have been my regret, despite Santana's now getting off-season surgery.

CC Sabathia is my main interest, and I'm looking towards getting another starter. We need to keep our bullpen, since they're no longer a house of horors, including the elongated funny mirror..

With Sabathia, Wang, Moose, Joba and one more, we'll be in good business.

Thankfully for us in in Boston we have a nice agreement with the big networks- they highjack the feeds for a small price and broadcast on the local broadcast channels so those few without cable or satellites can watch
      I thought that was only mlb.tv. I presume that Selig favors Beantown, insuring that they have a steady stream of revenue.

Now we'll have to see where a sense of humor can be purchased for our young and wayward Beantowner.
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Oh well, I gues that I was dead wrong in my prediction for a Rays-Phanatics WS. What can I tell you. It's not like the always resilient Beantown would ever lose in Game 7, now would they?

Good-bye and good nite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Oh well, I gues that I was dead wrong in my prediction for a Rays-Phanatics WS. What can I tell you. It's not like the always resilient Beantown would ever lose in Game 7, now would they?

Good-bye and good nite.
          Someone missing a cockroach? I think I found one!

Someone call pest control!
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• So how are the Yankees doing this post-season...?
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
              So how are the Yankees doing this post-season...?
              Inviting Ortiz and his buddies to the country club, what else?

I hear their fans are delirious at the moment.

Comment

• I heard New York was heavily infested . . .

Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                Someone missing a cockroach? I think I found one!

Someone call pest control!
                Now that's funny. I thought they were exterminated a month ago. They're certainly persistent vermin . . .
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• From a non-biased fan:

This back-and-forth Sox/Yankees bantering reminds me of my home town.

There are very rich people who live in west county. They ride around in flashy cars, spend like crazy, and aren't afraid to let everybody know how much money they have.

There are people who live in St.Charles county, who drive nice cars, spend like crazy, and aren't afraid to let everybody know how much money they have. Problem is..they don't have nearly as much money as the people in west county. A few breaks/nice career opportunities in recent years and they act like elite socialites.

The St. Charles people always talk bad about the west county people out of jealousy. However, no amount of talk will ever change the fact that the west county elite have the money/success they wish they had.

I would much rather be around the west county folk who actualy have the cash to back up their talk than the St. Charles people.

Any non-biased person out their with me?
                  1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                  The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by STLCards2 View Post
                    From a non-biased fan:

There are very rich people who live in west county. They ride around in flashy cars, spend like crazy, and aren't afraid to let everybody know how much money they have.

There are people who live in St.Charles county, who drive nice cars, spend like crazy, and aren't afraid to let everybody know how much money they have. Problem is..they don't have nearly as much money as the people in west county. A few breaks/nice career opportunities in recent years and they act like elite socialites.

The St. Charles people always talk bad about the west county people out of jealousy. However, no amount of talk will ever change the fact that the west county elite have the money/success they wish they had.

I would much rather be around the west county folk who actualy have the cash to back up their talk than the St. Charles people.

This ain't a gated community. Bank accounts don't matter here

Comment

• Originally posted by STLCards2 View Post
                      From a non-biased fan:

So who are the St Charles county people in the baseball fan world, and who are teh West County people in the same? As they relate to the Cards-Cubs, and the Yanks-BoSox, please.

Comment

So who are the St Charles county people in the baseball fan world, and who are teh West County people in the same? As they relate to the Cards-Cubs, and the Yanks-BoSox, please.
                        Matt...

When you went to high school, did you ever have one of those rich kids in any of your classes who would talk (down) to you (often without prompting) and yet you had no idea what the hell they were talking about?

I have a feeling we now have one of them here...

Comment

Matt...

When you went to high school, did you ever have one of those rich kids in any of your classes who would talk (down) to you (often without prompting) and yet you had no idea what the hell they were talking about?

I have a feeling we now have one of them here...
                          Yes, there was a rich family near me. The area they lived in wasn't really wealthy (just outside of my area in Flatbush, Brooklyn, near Kings County Hospital). They were into real estate and the mother was a licensed broker. I bumped into the son (actually he drove up to me) and he was driving a Beemer (BMW). He was nice, but I still couldn't stand him.

So am I that person talking down (hopefully not), or just those other people? I'm trying to get to the baseball relationship side of what Solair was referring to.

BTW, are you folks rooting for the TB Rays (by way of St Petersburg) or the Philly Phanatics?

Never mind, I just read your sig. So who's the "Bucky 'F' Dent" guy from Tampa Bay to you guys and gals?

Comment

Yes, there was a rich family near me. The area they lived in wasn't really wealthy (just outside of my area in Flatbush, Brooklyn, near Kings County Hospital). They were into real estate and the mother was a licensed broker. I bumped into the son (actually he drove up to me) and he was driving a Beemer (BMW). He was nice, but I still couldn't stand him.

So am I that person talking down (hopefully not), or just those other people? I'm trying to get to the baseball relationship side of what Solair was referring to.

BTW, are you folks rooting for the TB Rays (by way of St Petersburg) or the Philly Phanatics?

Never mind, I just read your sig. So who's the "Bucky 'F' Dent" guy from Tampa Bay to you guys and gals?
                            No Matt, it isn't you

Comment

No Matt, it isn't you
                              At least not at this current time
                              Best posts ever:
                              Originally posted by nymdan
                              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Very simple: Yankees are the west county people: arrogant, spoiled, and have all the hardware (cash) to back up their smugness. You don't like them, but at least they aren't phony. The Red Sox are the St.Charles people - typicaly far inferior to the west county people (Yankees), but they are arrogant and smug anyway. A few recent instances of similar Yankee-like success makes them almost unberrable.

You could make a similar argument for Cardinal/Cub too.

Seriously, nobody sees the irony in Rede Sox fans constantly trying to act like/prove their franchise is superior to the one that has won almost 1/4 of all WS titles?

I am sure you understood the analogy, however.

Also, SDL - are you referring to me as the "one of them here." First, I am not rich (at all), I have not "come down" on anybody once (much less "often) - just giving my personal observations on what I see as a sociological parallel between these Yankee vs. Sox debates and something I see in my community. Finally, I very well know exactly what I am talking about. You may disagree with my analogy, but the analogy is well reseasoned and symbolizes a real truth - the Yankees have had far, far more sucess than the Red Sox. I'm not tryingto anger anybody - just saying an observation.
                                Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 10-24-2008, 07:41 PM.
                                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X