This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    I know..under one of the end zones at Giants Stadium....
    Nah, it's under the goalposts at Red Bull Stadium
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• The offseason has already started and now it's up to us. Which players are we all interested in having on our respective teams (NY or Boston)? We didn't need Holliday, but I know one team that missed on the chance. But don't worry - O'Dowd probably wanted Joba - who I think is untouchable.

Who's next on the fresh fish to catch in the angling tournament...err Hot Stove season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
        The offseason has already started and now it's up to us. Which players are we all interested in having on our respective teams (NY or Boston)? We didn't need Holliday, but I know one team that missed on the chance. But don't worry - O'Dowd probably wanted Joba - who I think is untouchable.

Who's next on the fresh fish to catch in the angling tournament...err Hot Stove season?
        We all know the #1 name....C.C.

I want the Sox to re-sign 'Tek and hopefully bring D-Lowe back to Fenway.
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Manny heading home . . . .

Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
          The off season has already started and now it's up to us. Which players are we all interested in having on our respective teams (NY or Boston)? We didn't need Holliday, but I know one team that missed on the chance. But don't worry - O'Dowd probably wanted Joba - who I think is untouchable.

Well for one thing, Manny ending up in the Bronx for the next 4-6 years @ ≥ $25M per year, I think, is sure-thing.
          Although the Yankees have a history of signing 'stars' past their prime, Manny clearly will be the exception to that rule . . .
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
            Well for one thing, Manny ending up in the Bronx for the next 4-6 years @ ≥ $25M per year, I think, is sure-thing.
            Although the Yankees have a history of signing 'stars' past their prime, Manny clearly will be the exception to that rule . . .
            I doubt Manny will sign. Joey Pitbull would make him cut off his dreads...
            Last edited by SDL; 11-11-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• 2008 Chammmmps

Just getting back from Broad and Shunk and the parade. No bleeping way the Yanks are trading Hank Stein--brenna's buttboy Job-Bah for anyone. Tek is a AAA playah now. Love the leadership but check out Ruiz comin' through for the Fightin' Phils. It's all about production !!
              Whitey Ashburn's free plug on radio when he was hungry...." Happy birthday to the Celebrese twins....Plain and Pepperoni. "

Comment

We all know the #1 name....C.C.

I want the Sox to re-sign 'Tek and hopefully bring D-Lowe back to Fenway.
                Character issues with Lowe that angered the owners will probably prevent him from coming back...
                Best posts ever:

Comment

• While they watch their new stadium being constructed, the Yankee fans still hold on to their "guarantee" that they'll win the division next year. Confident now?

Now, to be serious, I'm not sure if Girardi was the right choice as manager. The main issues with him are that his experience as a manager, his volatile attitude with owners (which is why he was canned as Florida's manager), and his explosive reputation as manager. I'm not rileing anyone's feathers here, I'm just nervous he'll get canned because of it and then it's chaos in the Bronx.

Well, I understand Francona got fired in Philly, but you see, he dealt with a horrible team in Philly. You could've resurrected Connie Mack or John McGraw from the dead and it'd be the same result there.

Have a happy Red Sox Thanksgiving! And don't you spoil it from us, Yanks fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                    While they watch their new stadium being constructed, the Yankee fans still hold on to their "guarantee" that they'll win the division next year. Confident now?

Now, to be serious, I'm not sure if Girardi was the right choice as manager. The main issues with him are that his experience as a manager, his volatile attitude with owners (which is why he was canned as Florida's manager), and his explosive reputation as manager. I'm not rileing anyone's feathers here, I'm just nervous he'll get canned because of it and then it's chaos in the Bronx.

Well, I understand Francona got fired in Philly, but you see, he dealt with a horrible team in Philly. You could've resurrected Connie Mack or John McGraw from the dead and it'd be the same result there.

Have a happy Red Sox Thanksgiving! And don't you spoil it from us, Yanks fans!
                    I was just waiting for Joey Pitbull to do another meltdown...question was...what Yankee player was he going to throw against a wall? Which Steinbrenner was he going to lip off to?

Comment

I was just waiting for Joey Pitbull to do another meltdown...question was...what Yankee player was he going to throw against a wall? Which Steinbrenner was he going to lip off to?
                      They don't seem to have a guy who would give lip to the manager no matter how needed it is...and I'm betting it is Hank that he rips to pieces, but only after Hank tries to act like daddy did with Billy Martin.
                      Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                        They don't seem to have a guy who would give lip to the manager no matter how needed it is...and I'm betting it is Hank that he rips to pieces, but only after Hank tries to act like daddy did with Billy Martin.
                        I was expecting it to be Giambi...he grew the mustache and when Joey Pitbull was managing the Marlins, he had a no-facial hair rule..some said that was a factor in the Sox being able to get Beckett and Lowell..both have facial hair. I was awaiting the explosion between Giambi and Girardi that never was...

Since Lou Piniella is doing well with the Cubs, I don't tbink Joey Pitbull will be dreaming out loud again like he did with the Marlins when Dusty Baker's days at Wrigley were numbered.

Still plenty of time for him to get into it with Hanky-poo, tho...

Comment

I was expecting it to be Giambi...he grew the mustache and when Joey Pitbull was managing the Marlins, he had a no-facial hair rule..some said that was a factor in the Sox being able to get Beckett and Lowell..both have facial hair. I was awaiting the explosion between Giambi and Girardi that never was...
                          Even he has to bow down to pressure from the clubhouse and the fans and even tradition when something like that is going on- you don't f-with superstition, ban or not.

Since Lou Piniella is doing well with the Cubs, I don't tbink Joey Pitbull will be dreaming out loud again like he did with the Marlins when Dusty Baker's days at Wrigley were numbered.
                          He would be a fool to do so and could kiss any new jobs good bye- nobody will hire him after doing it a second time, front office war or not!

Still plenty of time for him to get into it with Hanky-poo, tho..
                          I give him two months of being out of first place or one month of being below .500, whichever comes first.
                          Best posts ever:

Comment

• When we go, some of us will go with class and style!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nat...,4789126.story

Comment

• Only a stupid cat would be a Yankee fan...

Comment

• A must read for all Sawx fans

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/t...125-2067972111

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X