Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    I don't need to read an article to know what Jeter's problem is offensively, anymore than I need a road map to find my way home.

    Jeter still thinks that he's a leadoff or #2 hitter, but he's now a good fit for the #6 spot. Perhaps Swisher could be the #2 instead. Put Jeter behind Posada or Cano and I think that he could do well. Posada's the regular DH now, and he can still hit (at least shots over the wall).

    As to why it'll never happen? Nobody dares to do this to him. It's like all the infamy that came about when Torre batted A-Rod 8th in the playoffs one time. A-Rod wasn't hitting a lick, so that was a not-so-subtle reminder.

    I don't care what stats or reasoning you put forth, but whenever Jeter has batted poorly in the playoffs, the Yanks have always lost. 2001 is a prime example, but it's obviously not always him.

    Same as when Ortiz batted 3rd after he went through a major power slump. Now he bats what, 4th or 5th?

    No individual is above the team, and if the player doesn't feel like sacrificing, then the team will eventually lose.
    :disbelief: I really can't believe I'm saying this but, (takes a deep breath), I agree with you.

    BTW, Boston is now 1 game out of 2nd . . . .
    Ken Fougère

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      :disbelief: I really can't believe I'm saying this but, (takes a deep breath), I agree with you.

      BTW, Boston is now 1 game out of 2nd . . . .
      Ken ... agreeing with me?

      *faints*

      Wow, that ground sure is hard. Now then, was that about Jeter or Ortiz that you agree with me? Please don't say both, since it's bare wood down there, not carpeting.

      Hmmmmmmm, the standings say ... YOU'RE #5.

      Your new av:

      Your new sig: WE'RE ALMOST THERE, SHOULD BE IN 4TH PLACE IN NO TIME!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Ken ... agreeing with me?

        *faints*

        Wow, that ground sure is hard. Now then, was that about Jeter or Ortiz that you agree with me? Please don't say both, since it's bare wood down there, not carpeting.

        Hmmmmmmm, the standings say ... YOU'RE #5.

        Your new av:

        Your new sig: WE'RE ALMOST THERE, SHOULD BE IN 4TH PLACE IN NO TIME!
        Both. May God forgive me.
        Ken Fougère

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
          Both. May God forgive me.
          I'll have to clean out my coke bottled eyeglasses. I could've sworn that you just agreed with me. Oh, never mind, it was all a dream.

          Getting away from baseball, I must say that Sunday is officially BE KIND TO ANAHEIM DAY! Please make sure to show them their proper respect (and groove a few down Main St).
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

          Comment


          • Wow, the Rangers sure are playing well without Hamilton!
            The Evil Empire shall strike back again!
            http://litbases.wordpress.com/

            Comment


            • why does everybody on this thread post in bold and italics?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NattyBaller View Post
                why does everybody on this thread post in bold and italics?
                Mostly bold + colors, but not much italics.

                This thread is mostly about joking, ragging on your opponents' fans. All in good fun, never personal. We use colors to make a point (most of which are somewhat silly). The whole thread is rather comical, and it takes a person interested in baseball humor and cutesy fun to understand it.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                  I'll have to clean out my coke bottled eyeglasses. I could've sworn that you just agreed with me. Oh, never mind, it was all a dream.

                  Getting away from baseball, I must say that Sunday is officially BE KIND TO ANAHEIM DAY! Please make sure to show them their proper respect (and groove a few down Main St).
                  We definitely treated them with respect and no just Sunday but the whole series.
                  We didn't let them run, (or reach), the bases in that hot southern California sun. Is that nice or what?
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BaronSamedi View Post
                    Wow, the Rangers sure are playing well without Hamilton!
                    I'm not surprised.
                    Although they're 5-5 in their last 10 games, they're one of the top 5 teams in the AL and have a talented line-up.
                    Ken Fougère

                    Comment


                    • All Red Sox fans...SING!

                      I'm gonna tell you a story
                      I'm gonna tell you about my town
                      I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
                      Aww, it's all about my town
                      Yeah, down by the river
                      Down by the banks of the river Charles
                      (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
                      That's where you'll find me
                      Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
                      (aw, but they're cool people)
                      Well I love that dirty water
                      Oh, Boston, you're my home
                      (oh, you're the Number One place)
                      Frustrated women
                      (I mean they're frustrated)
                      Have to be in by twelve o'clock
                      (oh, that's a shame)
                      But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
                      That just once those doors weren't locked
                      (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
                      Well I love that dirty water
                      Oh, Boston, you're my home
                      (oh, yeah)
                      Because I love that dirty water
                      Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
                      (oh, yeah)
                      Well, I love that dirty water
                      (I love it, baby)
                      I love that dirty water
                      (I love Baw-stun)
                      I love that dirty water
                      (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
                      I love that dirty water
                      (I'm the man, I'm the man)
                      I love that dirty water
                      (Owww!)
                      I love that dirty water
                      (Come on, come on)
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • That was a good game. Give credit to Buchholz for silencing the bats. Bartolo didn't pitch bad. His mistake was the AG home run. Joba's mistake was the home run by Youk that broke a close game.
                        I really enjoy beating the Yankees in New York the most. -


                        Ken Fougère

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          All Red Sox fans...SING!

                          I'm gonna tell you a story
                          I'm gonna tell you about my town
                          I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
                          Aww, it's all about my town
                          Yeah, down by the river
                          Down by the banks of the river Charles
                          (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
                          That's where you'll find me
                          Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
                          (aw, but they're cool people)
                          Well I love that dirty water
                          Oh, Boston, you're my home
                          (oh, you're the Number One place)
                          Frustrated women
                          (I mean they're frustrated)
                          Have to be in by twelve o'clock
                          (oh, that's a shame)
                          But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
                          That just once those doors weren't locked
                          (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
                          Well I love that dirty water
                          Oh, Boston, you're my home
                          (oh, yeah)
                          Because I love that dirty water
                          Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
                          (oh, yeah)
                          Well, I love that dirty water
                          (I love it, baby)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (I love Baw-stun)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (I'm the man, I'm the man)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (Owww!)
                          I love that dirty water
                          (Come on, come on)
                          Please repeat
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Beckett looked amazing. Struck out nine in six innings.
                            Ken Fougère

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                              Beckett looked amazing. Struck out nine in six innings.
                              Hey Matt...how did Beckett look to you? Remind you of 2003 or what?

                              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                                Hey Matt...how did Beckett look to you? Remind you of 2003 or what?

                                It's like, "Deja vu all over again."
                                Ken Fougère

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X