This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
      Are you guys in panic mode yet?
      Nah, not really. I'm just wondering why Girardi can't ask his starters to walk Bay, and why our guys didn't see that Papelbon couldn't find the plate on Monday, but swung away and missed in the dirt anyway.

This lack of discipline at the plate kills me.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Hurts for a life-long Yankee fan to say, but at this point Boston has the better team and the better manager. I'll take flak for saying that, but it's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Better stock up...

Gonna be a looooooong season in the Bronx
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sandlot View Post
            Hurts for a life-long Yankee fan to say, but at this point Boston has the better team and the better manager. I'll take flak for saying that, but it's the truth.
            You guys shot yourself in the foot by letting Torre go and hiring Joey Pitbull.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
              You didn't see my name on the list of posse members. I had my own criticisms of Torre but sometimes when watching Girardi, it's like Torre II deja vu. Hard not to notice LA's performance.

Comment

I think that not having an ace hurt the Yanks more than anything else. In the past, we had guys like Boomer, Clemens. In 2008, no ace. Without Manny, LAD would never have caught up to Arizona last season.

Oh yeah, how's your DH doing these days? I've heard he has a special baseball card out. Where can I find that sucker? Oh yeah, here it is.

Comment

I think that not having an ace hurt the Yanks more than anything else. In the past, we had guys like Boomer, Clemens. In 2008, no ace. Without Manny, LAD would never have caught up to Arizona last season.

Oh yeah, how's your DH doing these days? I've heard he has a special baseball card out. Where can I find that sucker? Oh yeah, here it is.

I ain't worried yet...

Comment

I ain't worried yet...
                    Sure you ain't, pal. Just keep telling yourself that. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

• Last edited by Mattingly; 05-22-2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• You do realize that my wife is a Met fan and I am going to have to hear that all this weekend...?

Oh, BTW... the score 10-3 ring a bell?
                        Last edited by SDL; 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM.

Comment

You do realize that my wife is a Met fan and I am going to have to hear that all this weekend...?

Oh, BTW... the score 10-3 ring a bell?
                          Please inform your wife that a Yankee fan hopes that her weekend goes wonderfully, especially the baseball aspect of it.

What's the sognificance of 10-3?

Comment

What's the sognificance of 10-3?
                            http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00410200.shtml

Comment

• *unscrupulous post removed by "Mattingly", SDL sent to peel onions and wash dirty dishes for the whole crew, from the penalty box*

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/[email protected]

After a 9-game win streak, the Yanks have started another one since they lost behind AJ Burnett last night. Not bad for "Joey Pitbull", I say.

Rubber match on Sunday. I'll be "CC'ing" ya there.

On the subject of Game 7 (please make sure that Mrs SDL sees these) ...

Last edited by Mattingly; 05-23-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

On the subject of Game 7

Matt, What can I say. You'll never change . . .

Besides the fact, that we both know the (:choke: of 2004) supersedes 1986, 10-fold!
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 05-31-2009, 10:42 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X