X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
    Just as long as the Yankees are gone
    Thank God. That kept depression from setting in for the winter.

A-Rod certainly lifted my spirits though . . .

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Is anyone here to represent the fierce Padres-Mariners rivalry?
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
        Is anyone here to represent the fierce Padres-Mariners rivalry?
        You're kidding, right?

I authored this thread almost 10 years ago and I can't remember that rivalry even being mentioned. But everyone's welcome to start a discussion here . . . .
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Merry Christmas!

Wishing you all a very Happy Holiday Season!

christmas-tree.gif
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Happy Tenth Anniversary!
            Wow, I just realized that "Bitter Rivals" has been with us for 10 years.
            Although it's not as popular as it once was, we certainly had a lot of fun corresponding, (ripping each other up) over the years.
            I had a ball. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Ken Fougère

Comment

• You're not leaving us, are you?
              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Ten years. Incredible.
                In spite of Mattinglys' petition to get rid of me, :joking: I'm still here.

I was just thinking back to all the fun so many people had here in these past 10 years.
                I'm amazed that my 'Bitter Rivals' thread has had almost 9,500 posts and a half million views from people all over the world! :disbelief:
                It just blows my mind.

BR LOGO2.jpg
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• I think the Rays have seriously started to develop a rivaliary between the Sox,Yanks and Rangers.
                  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                    I think the Rays have seriously started to develop a rivaliary between the Sox,Yanks and Rangers.
                    The Rays have not been in existence that long, and they are not 225 miles from either Boston or NY
                    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      I think the Rays have seriously started to develop a rivaliary between the Sox,Yanks and Rangers.
                      I think you're right and I think they're going to be in the elite tier of teams for the foreseeable future which is necessary for developing a healthy, lasting rivalry.
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• After 8 years missing in action . . .
                        Not heard from since 2004 . . .

" YankeeMan" has emerged!* - :disbelief:

*(May God have mercy on me.) -
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• With a small caveat to the Giants-Dodgers rivalry...

The discussion of other insignifcant rivalries in this thread is disappointing...

Nothing compares to Yankees-
                          RedSux.
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Heeee's Baackk...
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• One of the things that makes the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry great is that the history of the two franchises are inextricably entwined. A well-informed Yankee fan will know a significant amount of BoSox history. Conversely, the knowledgeable BoSox fan* will be well versed in Yankee lore. No erudite discussion of either team’s history can take place without discussing the other. We are very familiar with each other… and everyone knows what familiarity breeds…

[*FYI: Contrary to public opinion in the 5 boroughs, “knowledgeable BoSox fan” is not an oxymoron (emphasis on “moron”).]

HIYA KEN!
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                                One of the things that makes the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry great is that the history of the two franchises are inextricably entwined. A well-informed Yankee fan will know a significant amount of BoSox history. Conversely, the knowledgeable BoSox fan* will be well versed in Yankee lore. No erudite discussion of either team’s history can take place without discussing the other. We are very familiar with each other… and everyone knows what familiarity breeds…

[*FYI: Contrary to public opinion in the 5 boroughs, “knowledgeable BoSox fan” is not an oxymoron (emphasis on “moron”).]

HIYA KEN!
                                Some of the very best baseball discussions I've had have been with Yankee fans, both in Fenway and in the Bronx.

Of course, most of the worst baseball interactions I've had have been with Yanks fans...wouldn't call them "discussions".
                                "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X