Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May God bless Harry Frazee, he started the ball rolling.

    Comment


    • Yankee fan all my life and have to respect the devotion of the Bosox fans, sticking by their team after so many close calls that ended in disappointments..... so many years.

      2004 was a bitter pill to swallow as a Yankee fan.
      But, first thing I did was go to the Bosox page and tip my hat.
      Even when the rival is the other team, they pulled it off and then walked through the Cards in a sweep, that was some ballplaying by the Bosox.

      Comment


      • Whew!

        Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
        ...2004 was a bitter pill to swallow as a Yankee fan.
        They say there’s a silver lining in every rain cloud…

        One of the “bright sides” of my absence is that I wasn’t able to logon to this site in October 2004… I can’t imagine the abuse I would have suffered...
        [Hiya Ken! ] I really dodged a bullet there… Still, I am stuck with this lousy avatar and signature for 1-year.
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

        1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

        1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


        1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

        Comment


        • Where ya been?
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
            They say there’s a silver lining in every rain cloud…

            One of the “bright sides” of my absence is that I wasn’t able to logon to this site in October 2004… I can’t imagine the abuse I would have suffered...
            [Hiya Ken! ] I really dodged a bullet there Still, I am stuck with this lousy avatar and signature for 1-year.
            Dodged a bullet? Try a minefield buddy.
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • After reviewing the 2012 schedule, I’m launching an investigation! I’m gonna’ find out who Ken has been bribing to get ALL six pre-All Star rivalry games at that decrepit ballpark in the Fens.*


              [*Knowing that Fenway is named for the neighborhood it was built in is information usually only known to Red Sox and Yankee fans. That’s how “intertwined” we are. ]


              [Hiya Ken! ]
              How sad is it that my best baseball bud is a Sawx fan? :noidea
              Last edited by YankeeMan; 04-13-2012, 08:50 AM.
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

              1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

              1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


              1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                [Hiya Ken! ]
                How sad is it that my best baseball bud is a Sawx fan? :noidea
                Well, it shows that some New Yorkers have taste. - roof:
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • I really enjoyed the 100 Year celebration for Fenway Park on TV this weekend. Well, excluding Sunday's rain out. Well, I'd better clean-up around here... Hmm, now where did I leave that BROOM?!

                  [Hiya Ken! ]
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                  1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                  1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                  1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                  Comment


                  • I am nauseous...
                    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • I just finished SWEEPING my TV room. Well, two-thirds of it anyway. I’ll get the rest of it later.


                      [Hiya Ken! ]
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                      1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                      1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                      1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                        I just finished SWEEPING my TV room. Well, two-thirds of it anyway. I’ll get the rest of it later.


                        [Hiya Ken! ]
                        I personally use a Swiffer...
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          I personally use a Swiffer...
                          My wife uses one too (she does all the cleaning). I hear they're pretty good.
                          My top 10 players:

                          1. Babe Ruth
                          2. Barry Bonds
                          3. Ty Cobb
                          4. Ted Williams
                          5. Willie Mays
                          6. Alex Rodriguez
                          7. Hank Aaron
                          8. Honus Wagner
                          9. Lou Gehrig
                          10. Mickey Mantle

                          Comment


                          • But if you're going to do some sweeping at Fenway, the best thing to use is....

                            YANKEES!


                            [Hiya Ken! ]
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                            1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                            1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                            1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                              But if you're going to do some sweeping at Fenway, the best thing to use is....

                              YANKEES!


                              [Hi0ya Ken! ]
                              Jocularity, Jocularity.
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                                Jocularity, Jocularity.
                                I'm glad somebody else still uses this quote from MASH!
                                Nobody gets it when I say it, and they just walk away shaking their heads and eying me suspiciously.
                                "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X