This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
    With a small caveat to the Giants-Dodgers rivalry...

Nothing compares to Yankees-
    RedSux.

Posted: 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
    ...And I do mean small caveat.

large_red-sox-yankees-fight.jpgredsoxyanks.jpg
    Last edited by YankeeMan; 08-22-2012, 06:10 PM.
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

...And I do mean small caveat.

[ATTACH]113873[/ATTACH][ATTACH]113874[/ATTACH]
      I got to hand it to you Yankeeman . . .
      . . . You find the best photos. -
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey, I think he's just trying to help A-Rod with his contact lenses...
        Last edited by YankeeMan; 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM.
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Hey, I think he's just trying to help A-Rod with his contact lenses...
          Good one. That was a great game and fight! -
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• RE: THE Trade

Why Gonzales?

I understand unloading the big contracts was point of the trade. I also understand, (and agree with) why they dumped the other two.
            Beckett hasn't done anything for a few years now & Crawford's been a disappointment in the few games he's played in two years or he's been injured.

But, again I ask, why Gonzo?
            They repeatedly tried for two years to get him from San Diego. He gets big money because he's worth it. He's never given the team a problem and has played at the high level in field and at the plate that we expected. What more could the front office want from the guy? :dismay:
            He's in his prime and a great fit for Fenway Park. They'll never find a better left-handed power hitter who has the ability to take advantage of Fenway's close left field wall.
            Oh, BTW, he won the Gold Glove Award as the A.L. best first-baseman.

I remember being so optimistic and excited when we finally got him.
            Now I'm just pissed-off . . . +
            Last edited by KenFougere; 08-26-2012, 03:01 AM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
              Why Gonzales?

I understand unloading the big contracts was point of the trade. I also understand, (and agree with) why they dumped the other two.
              Beckett hasn't done anything for a few years now & Crawford's been a disappointment in the few games he's played in two years or he's been injured.

They repeatedly tried for two years to get him from San Diego. He gets big money because he's worth it. He's never given the team a problem and has played at the high level in field and at the plate that we expected. What more could the front office want from the guy? :dismay:
              He's in his prime and a great fit for Fenway Park. They'll never find a better left-handed power hitter who has the ability to take advantage of Fenway's close left field wall.

Good point. Either he really wanted to leave, or LA demanded he be a part of the trade or no deal. All Star first basemen don't grow on trees.

From LA's standpoint he has to be the crown jewel and the most reliable player they obtained. They don't know if Beckett's velocity and injuries will come into play. Somebody must really like Carl Crawford out West. I would not pay $40 million per year for Crawford and Beckett so maybe that's your answer?
              "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
              "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Why Gonzales?

Our Fearless Leader probably didn't like him and told Lucchino that. You can bet he never said a word to Useless Ben....
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm a firm believer that not all players have the character to perform on certain stages. There's a psychologic factor. Gonzo didn't fit with BSN, but @ Chavez Ravine he'll flourish. This is a win-win deal for both teams.
                  "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
                  George Brett

Comment

• Originally posted by yankillaz View Post
                    I'm a firm believer that not all players have the character to perform on certain stages. There's a psychologic factor. Gonzo didn't fit with BSN, but @ Chavez Ravine he'll flourish. This is a win-win deal for both teams.
                    He fit with Red Sox Nation. He just didn't fit with Valentine The Fearless leader
                    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Your looking at the wrong end of the trade for the reason: the Dodgers were primarily interested in Gonzo and were willing to take a risk on the other two only if he was included.

Go Pats, eh? <Hiya Ken! >
                      Last edited by YankeeMan; 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM. Reason: Add proper taunting
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Last edited (Post#9581) by YankeeMan; Yesterday at 09:19 PM. Reason: "Add proper taunting"
                        You see, it's the important details that makes him so, 'distinctive' from the rest of us . . . roof: -
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 08-28-2012, 05:35 PM.
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

You see, it's the important details that makes him so, 'distinctive' from the rest of us . . . roof: -
                          Well you know... <kicks coyly at the infield dirt> ...I try my best. :innocent:
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Your looking at the wrong end of the trade for the reason: the Dodgers were primarily interested in Gonzo and were willing to take a risk on the other two only if he was included.

Go Pats, eh? <Hiya Ken! >
                            Ya. I knew that. I was just so pissed. -

I mean, we just got the guy last year after over two years trying to get him . . . :dismay:
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

Ya. I knew that. I was just so pissed. -

I mean, we just got the guy last year after over two years trying to get him . . . :dismay:
                              I know what you're saying, but it seems now that he didn't like it here, and his performance this season certainly wasn't stellar...how about that front office finds a 1Bman who WANTS to be on the Red Sox and is just ITCHING to lay a whomping on them Yanks?!?!!?
                              We need to bring Fisk in to tutor these young guys on the proper attitude towards those Bronx-based boys..."I was holding down Michaels with one arm while punching that fatso Munson with the other...he was such a wuss he kept hitting me with both hands! You gotta expect those Yanks to cheat..."
                              ;^)

(BTW, I respected Munson's grit and his death was tragic...but, even his teammates called him "Captain Badbody"...)
                              "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• &quot;Jocularity&quot;

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                                "I was holding down Michaels with one arm while punching that fatso Munson with the other...he was such a wuss he kept hitting me with both hands! You gotta expect those Yanks to cheat..."
                                ;^)

(BTW, I respected Munson's grit and his death was tragic...but, even his teammates called him "Captain Badbody"...)
                                HOW DARE YOU EVEN SPEAK HIS NAME!!! YOU SAUX LOVIN'...
                                <Ken shoots YankeeMan with the tranquilizer dart gun he keeps handy for these types of occurrences.>

[FYI: 15 is the ONLY number the YankeeMan has EVER worn on his Yankee jerseys. ]

nyy15.jpgmunsonthurman.jpg
                                Last edited by YankeeMan; 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM.
                                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X