Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SDL View Post
    C'mon...Spring training be here before you know it!!!!
    Not when you're anticipating raising the WS flag and the ring ceremony! -
    Ken Fougère

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      Not when you're anticipating raising the WS flag and the ring ceremony! -
      Good point
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Hey Folks,
        Sorry I was away (family tragedy -- auto accident).

        Congrats to the BoSox [Ken, send me my new winter time avatar & sig.]
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

        1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

        1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


        1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

        Comment


        • Sorry for your troubles, but ....

          Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
          Hey Folks,
          Sorry I was away (family tragedy -- auto accident).

          Congrats to the BoSox [Ken, send me my new winter time avatar & sig.]

          For the avatar just right click my avatar and click, 'save image as' save it on your desktop. Go to your avatar settings page and I asume you know the rest.
          I'll email you the signature code for you to paste on your sig settings page. OK? -
          Ken Fougère

          Comment


          • Lost same bet as 2004. Can't change back untill Spring Training!

            Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
            Hey Folks,
            Sorry I was away (family tragedy -- auto accident).

            Congrats to the BoSox [Ken, send me my new winter time avatar & sig.]

            How Sweet Is This?

            Y a n k e e M a n

            will be wearing (Ken's Signature & Avatar), the colors of


            The 2013 World Series Champions

            The Boston Red Sox


            A - G - A - I - N - !


            go_red_sox-3834.gif
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • Dammit. :disgruntled:
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

              1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

              1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


              1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

              Comment


              • Just for the sake of "completeness..."

                This is the avatar and sig I had waiting for
                Ken if the Saux lost:

                fumble.jpg

                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                Comment


                • LOVE your new outfit!

                  Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                  Dammit. :disgruntled:
                  This IS a dream. You, having to wear my Avatar & FULL Signature for 4 months is almost as good as sex. (Sex when I was young, too. Not like it is now) -

                  Now don't you go aviod posting on Yankee forums. Let everyone see you in your new dress!

                  Hi Ya - RedSoxMan - !
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 11-12-2013, 06:01 PM. Reason: Still, it's not a fumble. Even though they've just changed the rule...
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                    Just for the sake of "completeness..."

                    This is the avatar and sig I had waiting for
                    Ken if the Saux lost:

                    [ATTACH]131187[/ATTACH]

                    [ATTACH]131188[/ATTACH]
                    What a shame. Just a shame.

                    Well, much like your Yankees, you'll have to wait 'till next year and maybe your luck will change you won't have to say, "IF Ken had lost". -

                    BTW, I'm undefeated in World Series (Sigs & Avs) bets. Whereas you remain winless, 0-2... Yup. It's just a damn shame. - :dismay:
                    Ken Fougère

                    Comment


                    • Well, at least I know the Red Sox won't win it next year... :clown:
                      I mean,
                      they haven't won back-to-back series titles since... Well, Ruth...


                      bostonredsox1915postcardwithruth.jpgredsox1916pf-1.jpg
                      [1915-1916 ]

                      [Hiya Ken! ]
                      Last edited by YankeeMan; 11-18-2013, 12:11 AM.
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                      1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                      1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                      1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                      Comment


                      • I feel, embarrassed for my friend . . .

                        Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                        Well, at least I know the Red Sox won't win it next year... :clown:
                        I mean,
                        they haven't won back-to-back series titles since... Well, Ruth...


                        [ATTACH]131412[/ATTACH][ATTACH]131413[/ATTACH]
                        [1915-1916 ]

                        [Hiya Ken! ]
                        Wow. Gone back to that old Ruth/1918 thing again?
                        If that's the best retort you've got, it just shows how sad the state of
                        Yankee-land has become. - SadTearsmileys_0964.gif
                        I almost feel sorry, no I think the word is pity for the "ex-bronx bombers" fans. - ShakeHead-RollingEyes.gif
                        (Please note the key word is almost.) - desismileys_3012.gif
                        Well look on the bright side. The silver-lining is that you've got a great avatar & signature to wear all winter long! desismileys_7020.gif
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM. Reason: Wanted it to be perfect for "RedSoxMan".
                        Ken Fougère

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                          Wow. Gone back to that old Ruth/1918 thing again?
                          If that's the best retort you've got, it just shows how sad the state of
                          Yankee-land has become. - [ATTACH]131445[/ATTACH]
                          I almost feel sorry, no I think the word is pity for the "ex-bronx bombers" fans. - [ATTACH]131444[/ATTACH]
                          (Please note the key word is almost.) - [ATTACH=CONFIG]131448[/ATTACH]

                          Well look on the bright side. The silver-lining is that you got a great avatar & signature to wear all winter long. [ATTACH=CONFIG]131451[/ATTACH]


                          Well, I was just thinking about how much fun it is to watch your team go back-to-back (or back-to-back-to-back ). It's especially nice when your 12 years old and living right across the freeway from the ballpark (1977-1978). But you'll never know the joy of a childhood championship <sigh>. So sad. :dismay: So sad indeed.

                          Hmm, it just occurred to me,
                          the Red Sox have won 8 titles in franchise history. But I've watched the Yankees win SEVEN in my lifetime.

                          "Pitchers and catchers report!" is just around the corner (Feb. 11/12) and I'll be back in my own colors:


                          BTW, My wife said you should've "bet caps." Ewww.

                          :ooo:
                          images.jpg
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                          1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                          1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                          1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post

                            Well, I was just thinking about how much fun it is to watch your team go back-to-back (or back-to-back-to-back ). It's especially nice when your 12 years old and living right across the freeway from the ballpark (1977-1978). But you'll never know the joy of a childhood championship <sigh>. So sad. :dismay: So sad indeed.

                            Hmm, it just occurred to me,
                            the Red Sox have won 8 titles in franchise history. But I've watched the Yankees win SEVEN in my lifetime.

                            "Pitchers and catchers report!" is just around the corner (Feb. 11/12) and I'll be back in my own colors:

                            [ATTACH]131457[/ATTACH]
                            [/size]
                            BTW, My wife said you should've "bet caps." Ewww.

                            :ooo:
                            [ATTACH]131458[/ATTACH]
                            Wow, now that's the old Yankeeman. - - Mmm. It sounds to me like I've hit a nerve.

                            I started college in September 1978. One of the Umass buildings was across the street from Fenway Park. Needless to say it turned out to be a (very) sad September semester. -
                            (No player names need to be brought up.) :stare:


                            Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                            "Pitchers and catchers report!" is just around the corner"
                            *That's a LONG three month corner . . .
                            * BTW. I agree with your wife. Her idea is a really good one. Can I pick out the one I want you to get me? -
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

                            Comment


                            • * Just an observation




                              I started the "Bitter Rivals" thread in 2002 and come February, it'll start it's 12th year.

                              Incredibly, it's now approaching Ten Thousand Posts and has been viewed by over Half a Million People Worldwide!

                              It just blows my mind. -


                              Last edited by KenFougere; 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM.
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                                Wow, now that's the old Yankeeman. - - Mmm. It sounds to me like I've hit a nerve.

                                I started college in September 1978. One of the Umass buildings was across the street from Fenway Park. Needless to say it turned out to be a (very) sad September semester. -
                                (No player names need to be brought up.) :stare:


                                *That's a LONG three month corner . . .
                                * BTW. I agree with your wife. Her idea is a really good one. Can I pick out the one I want you to get me? -
                                1978.jpg

                                Oops! I hate when that thing falls outta' my pocket... :clown: It could get DENT'd.

                                Anywho, My wife would've enjoyed seeing me sport around
                                BoSox cap this winter...


                                But she's a Cubs fan (and still bitter about 2003, so don't bring it up... :silent: UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! ).
                                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                                1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                                1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                                1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X