This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    - Ok, so you get to pick the greatest offensive team in NFL history and I get the team with no vertical pass threat at all with Gronk out. Hmm. You always seem to stick your neck out and bet on the long-shot. NOT. -

In my defense, I picked the Broncos to go to the Super Bowl* before the season started.

[*My pre-season pick: Packers over Broncos.]
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
      [/size][/color]

In my defense, I picked the Broncos to go to the Super Bowl* before the season started.

[*My pre-season pick: Packers over Broncos.]
      Well, I thought it over and I've decided to turn down your very, (generous?) offer. wink.gif
      Ken Fougère

Comment

Well, I thought it over and I've decided to turn down your very, (generous?) offer. [ATTACH]133625[/ATTACH]
        brady.jpg
        Oh ye of little faith. [Hmm, I'm kinda hoping Brady wins number 4 now -- just because. ]
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• "just because"? - Give me a break . . .

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
          [ATTACH]133642[/ATTACH]
          Oh ye of little faith. [Hmm, I'm kinda hoping Brady wins number 4 now -- just because. ]
          As you know, it's going to be even tougher for him to win it this year.
          Remember, they took away
          your favorite, 'tuck' rule.
          Last edited by KenFougere; 01-04-2014, 01:49 PM.
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• You know Ken, if I were you, I'd have taken the bet. I mean, you've bet me twice and won both times...
            It might be a sorta' "reverse jinx" thing...

Oh well, too late now...

[Tactfully ignoring "tuck rule" comment.]
            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

You know Ken, if I were you, I'd have taken the bet. I mean, you've beat me twice and won both times...
              It might be a sorta' "reverse jinx" thing...

Oh well, too late now...

[Tactfully(?) ignoring "tuck rule" comment.]
              A couple of points I'd like to make.

..."you've beat me twice and won both times", is redundant. -

2. A real "jinx"* has to of lasted at least one generation. *
              (Sadly, I've extensive experience in this field for which I'm still in therapy).

3. In the thirteen or so years that I've known you, you never, ever say anything, "tactfully".
              Your posting tone usually is more like, :headbeat:, or . See in this case, how using pictures,
              (IE smilies) makes my description (of your posting tone) a lot clearer than words ever could!
              Last edited by KenFougere; 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

A couple of points I'd like to make.

..."you've beat me twice and won both times", is redundant. -
                Um, sorry let me clarify -- you won the bet as your team simultaneously won the next available CHAMPIONSHIP. One ending 86 years of frustration (including a historic rally from a 0-3 deficit in the ALCS against the beneficiaries of the curse).
                [BTW, if there wasn't a curse, does that mean you guys just sucked? ]

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                2. A real "jinx"* has to of lasted at least one generation. * (Sadly, I've extensive experience in this field for which I'm still in therapy).

Don't you think I've suffered?! I once went 18 years without a World Series title! Do you know what that's like?! Oh, right. Um, it's all relative... You know, we expect to win once every 4 years... You guys, not so much. Anywho, it was worth the wait. Apparently we like to win titles in BUNCHES!

3. In the thirteen or so years that I've known you, you never, ever say anything, "tactfully".
                I'm sure I have... at least once... I mean... the odds favor it... right? How many posts do I have again?

Your posting tone usually is more like, :headbeat:, or . See in this case, how using pictures, (IE smilies) makes my description (of your posting tone) a lot clearer than words ever could!
                Yeah, I know your not too good with the words and whatnot. :clown:
                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• The next post in this thread will be number
                  10,000!
                  :applaud:
                  I respectfully request that ALL POSTERS please properly defer that honor to Ken Fougere.
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Who"d-a-thought?

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                    The next post in this thread will be number
                    10,000!
                    :applaud:
                    I respectfully request that ALL POSTERS please properly defer that honor to Ken Fougere.
                    Thank you YankeeMan. I appreciate your polite and considerate gesture.

Wow, I guess I hit a popular and sensitive baseball nerve when I started this thread. It's received posts from baseball fans from all around the world. Some of the countries include Canada, United Kingdom, Israel, Netherlands, Poland, China, Estonia, Sweden, Colombia, Australia, Moldova, Chile, Portugal, Dominican Republic, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Germany and of course the USA.

I can honestly say that I've enjoyed engaging in the 'discussions' and smack-talk with all the members who posted here more than any other online activity I've done. Sure, I know it's discussions and statistical data is not as in depth as most other baseball threads, but maybe it's that lighthearted difference found in Bitter Rivals that makes it so unique. It just blows my mind that it has lasted so long.

Maybe Sean knows of any other thread in Baseball-Fever that lasted 12 years and/or received 10,000 Posts and well over a Half Million Views.
                    (BTW, all of the first year's posts in 2002 mysteriously disappeared.)

Special thanks go out to Sean (webmaster), VTSoxFan, Mattingly, SDL, CuriousBoston and of course the one & only, (thank God),
                    YankeeMan for their contributions which has made this thread so engaging, compelling and enjoyable over these 12 years.
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Do you think Sean would know of other Baseball-Fever threads that lasted 12 years or received 10,000 Posts and well over a Half Million Views?

Again, special thanks go out to Sean (webmaster), VTSoxFan, Mattingly, SDL, CuriousBoston and of course the one & only, (thank God),
                      YankeeMan for their contributions which has made this thread so engaging, compelling and enjoyable over these 12 years.
                      Last edited by KenFougere; 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM.
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• On 5/20/1976... YankeeMan is TEN years old and IN ATTENDANCE at Yankee Stadium! :-)

In the "spirit of the thread," I'm providing this video link in celebration of 10K+ posts: :innocent:

Final Score: BoSux 8 Yankees 2 -- but we still haven't heard from the other two judges! [That's a boxing reference Ken. ]

Hey, this thread may not be as "serious" as other places on BBF... but that's the point knuckleheads!
                        Last edited by YankeeMan; 01-08-2014, 12:39 AM.
                        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

In the "spirit of the thread," I'm providing this video link in celebration of 10K+ posts: :innocent:

Final Score: BoSux 8 Yankees 2 -- but we still haven't heard from the other two judges! [That's a boxing reference Ken. ]

Hey, this thread may not be as "serious" as other places on BBF... but that's the point knuckleheads!
                          "The Wrong Stuff" by Bill Lee; pp.154-158
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I Private Message received from Sean (webmaster)

Thank you YankeeMan. I appreciate your polite and considerate gesture.

Wow, I guess I hit a popular and sensitive baseball nerve when I started this thread. It's received posts from baseball fans from all around the world. Some of the countries include Canada, United Kingdom, Israel, Netherlands, Poland, China, Estonia, Sweden, Colombia, Australia, Moldova, Chile, Portugal, Dominican Republic, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Germany and of course the USA.

I can honestly say that I've enjoyed engaging in the 'discussions' and smack-talk with all the members who posted here more than any other online activity I've done. Sure, I know it's discussions and statistical data is not as in depth as most other baseball threads, but maybe it's that lighthearted difference found in Bitter Rivals that makes it so unique. It just blows my mind that it has lasted so long.

Maybe Sean knows of any other thread in Baseball-Fever that lasted 12 years and/or received 10,000 Posts and well over a Half Million Views.
                            (BTW, all of the first year's posts in 2002 mysteriously disappeared.)

Special thanks go out to Sean (webmaster), VTSoxFan, Mattingly, SDL, CuriousBoston and of course the one & only, (thank God),

* * * I wanted to share this PM I received from Sean, AKA: :supe: (Webmaster).

www.baseball-fever.com 2014-1-10 14 23 38.png
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

I'm not quite sure you posted this video knowing that the 1978 playoff game at Fenway was at the end of the video or not. Knowing you, the way I do? Let's let the judges decide whether you knew it and posted it with the intentional purpose of just being the YOU we've all come to know and...

Well the votes are in and the judges verdict is, , you indeed maliciously posted the video. (There's a shocker! - )
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                                "The Wrong Stuff" by Bill Lee; pp.154-158
                                I wish I had a copy of his book.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X