Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 8 days 18 hours 33 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

    Notwithstanding your "editorial," first place is the only thing that really matters, isn't it??? Getting into the postseason. Well, here are your up-to-date postseason probabilities:

    probabilities.png

    Looks pretty grim in Tampa and Beantown. But in The Bronx...

    The itsy-bitsy spider...
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

    1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

    1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


    1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
      Notwithstanding your "editorial," first place is the only thing that really matters, isn't it??? Getting into the postseason. Well, here are your up-to-date postseason probabilities:

      [ATTACH]139904[/ATTACH]

      Looks pretty grim in Tampa and Beantown. But in The Bronx...

      The itsy-bitsy spider...
      It's a long season. Appox. 14 weeks left . . .

      mlb.png



      Ken Fougère

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
        It's a long season.
        Yeah, that's what I hear. Probably seems a lot longer in Boston. :clown:
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

        1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

        1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


        1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

        Comment


        • ...assuming, of course, you received a heart yet from the Wiz-of-Oz

          Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
          Yeah, that's what I hear. Probably seems a lot longer in Boston. :clown:
          The sincerity of your heart? felt empathy for me & my team, almost brings a tear to my eye . . . -
          Ken Fougère

          Comment


          • We've won & lost the most one-run games in the majors....



            Our offense is so anemic. All pitchers have performed outstandingly. Injuries can't be the only reason. We haven't been getting ANY offense out of our outfield. The loss of Ellsbury's hitting is not the reason. They better pick up major offensive help before the deadline if they have any hope for a successful season.
            I keep thinking, "If we only took a chance on Nelson Cruz" . . . :dismay:

            How, in one season, do you go from MLB's best offense to the worst? I just don't get it. -


            . . . and yet I look up and find the Sox just 6 behind in the loss column.

            I think if we pick up a solid bat, (and our current hitters come out of their comma's) and the pitching remains consistent, their playoff chances improve dramatically. -
            Last edited by KenFougere; 06-23-2014, 05:33 PM.
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • 3 days 18 hours 26 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

              Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
              The sincerity of your heart? felt empathy for me & my team, almost brings a tear to my eye . . . -
              I'd think you'd be use to crying by now...

              1920.jpg1967.jpg1978.jpg1986.jpgtoday.png

              In the interest of brevity, I left a lot of stuff out... :clown:
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

              1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

              1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


              1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                I'd think you'd be use to crying by now...

                [ATTACH]140059[/ATTACH][ATTACH]140060[/ATTACH][ATTACH]140061[/ATTACH][ATTACH]140062[/ATTACH][ATTACH]140063[/ATTACH]

                In the interest of brevity, I left a lot of stuff out... :clown:
                I wonder. Are you a God-fearing man? (For that matter, any in New York? City? State? Anywhere?)
                Because if you are, you've got SO much pay-back coming your way after you're planted! -


                BTW, what's the story behind that shot of Yaz looking up at the Monster? I'm assuming it's from the '67 World Series. Do you have any additional information on it?
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • 2 days 15 hours 35 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

                  Originally posted by KenFougere View Post

                  BTW, what's the story behind that shot of Yaz looking up at the Monster? I'm assuming it's from the '67 World Series. Do you have any additional information on it?
                  Nope. But I've seen this pose (a lot :clown: ) from Yaz' before... I'm guessing a Cardinal hit a homerun.
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                  1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                  1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                  1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                    Nope. But I've seen this pose (a lot :clown: ) from Yaz' before... I'm guessing a Cardinal hit a homerun.
                    Nope. My guess is he is calculating how many seats can go up on top of the Green Monster so the Sox can pay him a huge salary increase. It's either that or he was a bird watcher.
                    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                    Comment


                    • According to www.redsox.com, Manager John Farrell announced his starting pitchers for this weekend's series with New York: Brandon Workman will pitch on Friday, lefty John Lester will pitch on Saturday, and righthander John Lester will pitch on Sunday.

                      I know some of our starters are struggling right now, but still...
                      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                        According to www.redsox.com, Manager John Farrell announced his starting pitchers for this weekend's series with New York: Brandon Workman will pitch on Friday, lefty John Lester will pitch on Saturday, and righthander John Lester will pitch on Sunday.

                        I know some of our starters are struggling right now, but still...
                        Are you sure that right-hander John Lester won't pitch on Saturday and the lefty John Lester will pitch on Sunday instead? - :joking:
                        Ken Fougère

                        Comment


                        • 6 hours 58 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

                          Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                          Are you sure that right-hander John Lester won't pitch on Saturday and the lefty John Lester will pitch on Sunday instead? - :joking:
                          He's losing either way. :clown:

                          BTW, it's Lester on Saturday and Lackey on Sunday.
                          Last edited by YankeeMan; 06-27-2014, 10:04 AM. Reason: colors... da' colors...
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                          1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                          1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                          1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                            He's losing either way. :clown:

                            BTW, it's Lester on Saturday and Lackey on Sunday.
                            Sounds like a sweep to me.

                            Anytime you can unload a 21 Million-Dollar Man in his 30's for a younger inexpensive ($500,000/salary or 42 times less money) player hitting .323 then you're all set at the leadoff position.
                            "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                            "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                            Comment


                            • The only way I can sum up the Sox season is, "It's only nine weeks to the Patriot's opening game." The baseball season ended with the CWS. It resumes in September with pennant races. The Sox are more likely to bring up and use younger players and lose than sell out for a shot at a season where they couldn't possibly do more than make the playoffs.

                              Comment


                              • Tonight's FINAL: Yankees 6 Red Sox 0

                                How y'all doing? I feel GREAT! :clown:
                                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                                1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                                1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                                1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X