Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6 hours 58 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

    Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    Are you sure that right-hander John Lester won't pitch on Saturday and the lefty John Lester will pitch on Sunday instead? - :joking:
    He's losing either way. :clown:

    BTW, it's Lester on Saturday and Lackey on Sunday.
    Last edited by YankeeMan; 06-27-2014, 10:04 AM. Reason: colors... da' colors...
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

    1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

    1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


    1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
      He's losing either way. :clown:

      BTW, it's Lester on Saturday and Lackey on Sunday.
      Sounds like a sweep to me.

      Anytime you can unload a 21 Million-Dollar Man in his 30's for a younger inexpensive ($500,000/salary or 42 times less money) player hitting .323 then you're all set at the leadoff position.
      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

      Comment


      • The only way I can sum up the Sox season is, "It's only nine weeks to the Patriot's opening game." The baseball season ended with the CWS. It resumes in September with pennant races. The Sox are more likely to bring up and use younger players and lose than sell out for a shot at a season where they couldn't possibly do more than make the playoffs.

        Comment


        • Tonight's FINAL: Yankees 6 Red Sox 0

          How y'all doing? I feel GREAT! :clown:
          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

          1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

          1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


          1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

          Comment


          • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
            How y'all doing? I feel GREAT! :clown:
            Third place makes you feel great? Oh okay.
            "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
            "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

            Comment


            • Stop gloating. People will know you're a New Yorker.

              Originally posted by KenFougere View Post


              Our offense is so anemic. All pitchers have performed outstandingly. Injuries can't be the only reason. We haven't been getting ANY offense out of our outfield. The loss of Ellsbury's hitting is not the reason. They better pick up major offensive help before the deadline if they have any hope for a successful season.
              I keep thinking, "If we only took a chance on Nelson Cruz" . . . :dismay:

              How, in one season, do you go from MLB's best offense to the worst? I just don't get it. -

              I think if we pick up a solid bat, (and our current hitters come out of their comma's) and the pitching remains consistent, their playoff chances improve dramatically. -
              This is what I meant. THREE HITS? - Off of that mediocre fool tonight? - :disgruntled:

              Last year we had the best offense in the entire MLB. This year #22 . . . Why? What's made such a difference?

              *At this rate we'll have 250 less in both hits & runs scored and our OPS ave. is down over 100 points as a team . . . - :dismay:


              2013.png
              2014.png
              Ken Fougère

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                Third place makes you feel great? Oh okay.
                Well, there's a lot of baseball yet to be played... a starting pitcher on the mend... and the team's moving in the right direction.
                So, I'll take it (3rd place on 6/28/14).

                Sure as hell beats fourth place.
                :clown:
                Last edited by YankeeMan; 06-28-2014, 09:32 AM.
                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                  This is what I meant. THREE HITS? - Off of that mediocre fool tonight? - :disgruntled:

                  Last year we had the best offense in the entire MLB. This year #22 . . . Why? What's made such a difference?

                  *At this rate we'll have 250 less in both hits & runs scored and our OPS ave. is down over 100 points as a team . . . - :dismay:



                  Hmm, that is a mystery... Do you have any clues as to where your missing offense might've went?


                  Ellsbury.jpg :clown:

                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                  1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                  1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                  1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post


                    Hmm, that is a mystery... Do you have any clues as to where your missing offense might've went?


                    [ATTACH]140204[/ATTACH] :clown:
                    Yea, right. He's only at .286. He had better numbers at this point last year for us . . . .

                    But look at our 3 outfielders last year. There's the answer to my question in my previous post . . .


                    2013.png
                    2014.png
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 06-28-2014, 06:33 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                      Well, there's a lot of baseball yet to be played... a starting pitcher on the mend... and the team's moving in the right direction.
                      So, I'll take it (3rd place on 6/28/30).

                      Sure as hell beats fourth place.
                      :clown:
                      Darn, you are right. Most of them will soon be eligible for an Over-35 Baseball League. I think the reason why the front office won't allow facial hair is they know the team would all look like a bunch of scraggly greybeards. :joking:
                      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                        Darn, you are right. Most of them will soon be eligible for an Over-35 Baseball League. I think the reason why the front office won't allow facial hair is they know the team would all look like a bunch of scraggly greybeards. :joking:
                        ..................





                        Ken Fougère

                        Comment





                        • N A P O L I ............ and ............ L E S T E R :applaud:

                          Napoli.png Lester.png

                          Prove to be too much for Yankees and their Ace !



                          http://m.mlb.com/bos/video/topic/700...0811/?c_id=bos


                          Last edited by KenFougere; 06-29-2014, 12:10 AM. Reason: Added pics & video for YankeeMan's enjoyment . . . .
                          Ken Fougère

                          Comment


                          • I think Ellsbury set a new record tonight for the most stolen bases after three outs. His former teammates let him run around the bases for nothing. Slide Jacoby Slide!

                            Napoli will never ever see a two-strike fastball from Tanaka again. Great pitchers duel!
                            "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                            "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                              I think Ellsbury set a new record tonight for the most stolen bases after three outs. His former teammates let him run around the bases for nothing. Slide Jacoby Slide!

                              Napoli will never ever see a two-strike fastball from Tanaka again. Great pitchers duel!
                              I never liked that short right-field porch they put in the new stadium. -
                              But I think I'm warming up to it more . . .
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                                I never liked that short right-field porch they put in the new stadium. -
                                But I think I'm warming up to it more . . .
                                Would that HR been caught in Fenway?
                                "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                                "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X