X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
    Would that HR been caught in Fenway?
    Actually, Yankee Stadium is the only MLB park that, that would be a home run.

Shortest rightfield anywhere for which I'm sure Napoli was quite grateful!
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• It's amazing to me how much the talent in the AL East teams has fallen in the last few years.

We've played terribly all year and we're still only five games back in the loss column . . .

mlbAL East.png
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• 31 days 17 hours 47 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
        Actually, Yankee Stadium is the only MLB park that, that would be a home run.

Shortest rightfield anywhere for which I'm sure Napoli was quite grateful!
        FYI: Pesky's Pole (302 feet from home plate) is the shortest outfield distance (left or right field) in Major League Baseball.
        I'm just saying.

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post

It's amazing to me how much the talent in the AL East teams has fallen in the last few years.

We've played terribly all year and we're still only five games back in the loss column . . .

Well, I'd say this year the level of play has fallen. Last year, it was just the Yankees. This year the Sox and Rays have joined them. It's probably a good thing for baseball for the Jays and O's have a good season every now and then. But it really sucks for us. I wish Hal would've stuck to his plan to reset the luxury tax. But then Jeter said he was retiring and he cowed to that pressure to give him a nice send off... Lots of baseball left tho...
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Eventually the lack of low draft picks catches up to winning clubs. When you're never signing one of the top ten players, the only way you can obtain them is either through trades or through free agency. I'll bet other divisions now have more young players who were drafted #1 through #10 than the AL East does.
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
            FYI: Pesky's Pole (302 feet from home plate) is the shortest outfield distance (left or right field) in Major League Baseball.
            I'm just saying.
            I wasn't talking about the distance at Pesky's foul pole. It's the average distance to true right field I was referring to. Fenway's right field's distance is 380 feet. I went on the Yankees site and couldn't find the field dimensions anywhere . . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

Eventually the lack of low draft picks catches up to winning clubs. When you're never signing one of the top ten players, the only way you can obtain them is either through trades or through free agency. I'll bet other divisions now have more young players who were drafted #1 through #10 than the AL East does.
              Yea, I agree . . .
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                I wasn't talking about the distance at Pesky's foul pole. It's the average distance to true right field I was referring to. Fenway's right field's distance is 380 feet. I went on the Yankees site and couldn't find the field dimensions anywhere . . . .
                Wikipedia has RF at 350 or 353 for Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Wikipedia has RF at 350 or 353 for Yankee Stadium.
                  Thanks Tony. I knew I was right and 'you-know-who' wasn't . . .
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay passed everybody and win the AL East. -

I never thought I'd ever say this but, this division really sucks! - :dismay:

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay passed everybody and win the AL East. -

I never thought I'd ever say this but, this division really sucks! - :dismay:

How 'bout them Cubbies! [Hey, when you lose to the Cubs, you know you have problems. :clown:]

But we got our own problems too.
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

How 'bout them Cubbies! [Hey, when you lose to the Cubs, you know you have problems. :clown:]

I'll say. Losing to the 4th place rival followed by being swept by the LAST-PLACE team! If you can't beat them mugs then who can you beat?

Comment

• Unless they trade David Price.

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                          I'll say. Losing to the 4th place rival followed by being swept by the LAST-PLACE team! If you can't beat them mugs then who can you beat?
                          Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post

Let's face it guys. It looks like neither of our home town teams are going anywhere this season.

Also, remember what I posted before. Don't be surprised if Tampa makes the playoffs, probably the wild card . . .
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

They're still fuming about 1918...
                            "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                              They're still fuming about 1918...
                              They live that long in Chicago?

Comment

They live that long in Chicago?
                                Shockingly enough, Polish sausage consumption can lead to incredibly long lifespans...kind of like touching John Coffey in that movie.
                                "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X