This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
    Well, I did count the 1914 World Series Champion Braves as a title for Boston. Hey, it's not my fault you paupers can only afford one team per sport. Besides, by your logic, the Foxborough Patriots (22 miles outta' Boston) wouldn't count either.

FYI: Before moving to the Meadowlands, the NY (football) Giants played at a quaint little ballpark in The Bronx...

Travel distances from NYC to:
    East Rutherford, NJ = 13 miles (NYG/NYJ);
    Newark, NJ = 10 miles (NJD); and
    Long Island, NY = 51 miles (NYI)
    The Patriots are called "New England." Boston is in New England. New York is NOT New Jersey.
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      What a coincidence that I would find this piece just after your re-read.

I think that, "a tad of embellishment" always makes the pages in the book turn a little quicker, don't you? - -
      I concur with the distinguished gentleman from dear old Bahston about the page turning, but I'm not wholly convinced about the coincidence part. When it comes to all things baseball, very little is purely chance; otherwise we would be playing the woulda shoulda coulda thing incessantly.
      Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• 9 hours 43 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!!!

Originally posted by SDL View Post
        The Patriots are called "New England." Boston is in New England. New York is NOT New Jersey.
        Non sequiter. Foxborough is not in Boston and the topic is titletown. Not "title-geographical-area-ofthe-country." :stare: Otherwise, you'd soon claim that UConn's 2 shinny new titles count for Boston too. If you clain the Pats, you must concede the "New York Metro Area." Indeed, if you Google "map of the new york metropolitan area" this is the very first map:

But it's pointless. NYC proper has 35 WORLD SERIES Championships. That's equal to Boston's TOTAL title count. Clearly...

You guys are just the decade's city. That said, it's been unprecedented run.*

*Please note that this sentence was written in the "past tense." :clown:
        Last edited by YankeeMan; 04-22-2014, 07:23 AM.
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• BTW, the Lakers have a few more than eleven.
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Have pity for the ones with the affliction of being born in New York.

Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Well said.

But keep in mind that
            he is from New York.

So when you tell him that Boston is in 'New England' he's probably thinking it's a suburb of London.* -

*{Try to remember. Have pity for the ones with the affliction of being born in New York. He can't help it. Just smile at him and nod like this, } -
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Can't really boo someone when you're own team didn't offer him a contact.
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• ANY OTHER team, but the Spankees... {typo, sorry}

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                Can't really boo someone when you're own team didn't offer him a contact.
                He's not booed because he signed with another team.
                He's booed because he signed with the New York Yankees.
                Ken Fougère

Comment

BTW, the Lakers have a few more than eleven.
                  Um, missed the "in my lifetime" part?*
                  Don't worry. I understand reading's "not your thing." Being from Boston and all... :clown:

And RaysFan_98, c'mon man! This is not your first day. Jesus would get boo'd in Boston if he played for the Yankees.

[*Unlike you, I can't personally remember when my hometown was called "New Amsterdam." ]

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Well said.

But keep in mind that
                    he is from New York.

So when you tell him that Boston is in 'New England' he's probably thinking it's a suburb of London.* -

*{Try to remember. Have pity for the ones with the affliction of being born in New York. He can't help it. Just smile at him and nod like this, } -

In case you missed this, I'm re-posting it. (also because I really enjoyed writing it! - )
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• How will tonight's pine tar incident affect Pineda this season?
                      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                        How will tonight's pine tar incident affect Pineda this season?
                        It was SO obvious.

Finally a manager asked an umpire to check him for the pine tar on his neck was long over due...

http://m.mlb.com/video/v32324451
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Well, it's an automatic 10-game suspension (for something that is done routinely throughout MLB). That said, most MLB pitchers have more craftiness. Jeez man, why don't you take a full page "I'M USING PINE TAR!" ad out in the TIMES. It'd be more subtle than a glop of tar on your neck! Idiot.
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Well, it's an automatic 10-game suspension (for something that is done routinely throughout MLB). That said, most MLB pitchers have more craftiness. Jeez man, why don't you take a full page "I'M USING PINE TAR!" ad out in the TIMES. It'd be more subtle than a glop of tar on your neck! Idiot.
                            Well, it seems that common sense, (or even a semi-logical mindset), is a skill that's not required to become a Yankee. {Another piece of the puzzle?}
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 04-24-2014, 05:33 AM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

Well, it seems that common sense, (or even a semi-logical mindset), is a skill that's required to become a Yankee. {Another piece of the puzzle?}
                              I can say with confidence that Red Sox pitchers use pine tar in cold weather too. It's that common and you know it. :stare: The problem here is sheer stupidity. h C'mon man! The Sox and the umpire let you go last time and your "fix" was to put the pine tar in a place of HIGHER visibility!?! Anyway, according to "my sources" <glaces around in a "shifty" way>, the best place to put the tar is on your glove hand right underneath the heal. What a dumb***. Just ask somebody rook!
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I can say with confidence that Red Sox pitchers use pine tar in cold weather too. It's that common and you know it. :stare: The problem here is sheer stupidity. h C'mon man! The Sox and the umpire let you go last time and your "fix" was to put the pine tar in a place of HIGHER visibility!?! Anyway, according to "my sources" <glaces around in a "shifty" way>, the best place to put the tar is on your glove hand right underneath the heal. What a dumb***. Just ask somebody rook!
                                Where was the Yankees pitching coach when all of this was going on? Was he too busy eating a few Fenway Franks and washing them down with a Sam Adams?

Pineda struggled in the 1st inning and gave up some runs. Shouldn't you grab him when he returns to the dugout and sit him down and discuss why he was having problems gripping the baseball? No, let him wander around until he spots the stash of pine tar, and grabs a hunk to lather his neck with it. Nobody noticed him leaving the dugout to pitch the 2nd inning looking like a Dominican Harry Potter...McCann, Girardi, Jeter, and not even his pitching coach! If it was someone else's idea then why the neck rather than someplace less noticeable. I didn't see him once touch his neck.

At least he didn't walk out to the mound with a syringe hanging from his butt.
                                "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                                "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X