Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Derek Jeter will move over to 3B to accommodate Stephen Drew who will now play shortstop and bat less than .200. That is unless the Red Sox haven't acquired Jeter in the meantime.
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Chase Headley was a great pickup by the Yankees. He makes good plays at 3B and has been a hot hitter since joining the team. A-Rod take notice.

Doesn't it seem like a long long time ago that the Yankees pitcher was caught with a pine tar substance on his hand? What was his name?

It was a memorable HR by Jeter in the 8th inning to greet Tazawa. Could be his last HR at Fenway. I salute the Captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
        Chase Headley was a great pickup by the Yankees. He makes good plays at 3B and has been a hot hitter since joining the team. A-Rod take notice.

Doesn't it seem like a long long time ago that the Yankees pitcher was caught with a pine tar substance on his hand? What was his name?

It was a memorable HR by Jeter in the 8th inning to greet Tazawa. Could be his last HR at Fenway.

I salute the Captain.
        So do I...
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
          So do I...
          Sorry I've been away... So, what's be going on...

YOU?! Salute the Captain? OMG, if that can happen... Maybe there still is hope for this season... :clown:

Kudos to RaysFan98 for getting your Buckner, er, I mean "goat" while I was away.
          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
            He can hit hr's all he wants and we will take the series lol
            But not the series that really counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
              Sorry I've been away... So, what's be going on...

YOU?! Salute the Captain? OMG, if that can happen... Maybe there still is hope for this season... :clown:

Kudos to RaysFan98 for getting your Buckner, er, I mean "goat" while I was away.
              I saluted him mainly because he passed Yaz in career hits. although Jeter won't approach Yaz in HR, RBI, walks or runs...
              Ken Fougère

Comment

I saluted him mainly because he passed Yaz in career hits. although Jeter won't approach Yaz in HR, RBI, walks or runs...
                Yeah, well he's got him on World Series rings 5 to nil. And that's all that matters in YankeeLand.
                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

But not the series that really counts.
                  Lol wut? Don't care about loses?
                  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                    Lol wut? Don't care about loses?
                    You've heard of the World Series?

Comment

You've heard of the World Series?
                      Don't be like YankeeMan
                      All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Umm, Jeter passed Yaz in runs a long time ago.
                        My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                        2. Barry Bonds
                        3. Ty Cobb
                        4. Ted Williams
                        5. Willie Mays
                        6. Alex Rodriguez
                        7. Hank Aaron
                        8. Honus Wagner
                        9. Lou Gehrig
                        10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Yeah, well he's got him on World Series rings 5 to nil. And that's all that matters in YankeeLand.
                          If we all chip in, will you go back on your, 'fishing vacation'? . . . . . (Please) - :crossfingers:
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                            Umm, Jeter passed Yaz in runs a long time ago.
                            I stand corrected. But Jeter has struck out a lot more than Yaz did in their careers.
                            (Just how well do you know
                            Yankeeman anyway?)
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 08-05-2014, 05:39 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

If we all chip in, will you go back on your, 'fishing vacation'? . . . . . (Please) - :crossfingers:
                              Well, technically we're at the cabin right now. [I was delayed in the city because I had to stick around to receive an award for something I did 20+ years ago. (Check FB Ken!)] But the cabin has high speed internet, DirectTV, and 50 yards of private beach. Ah, today's sunrise....

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                              Don't be like YankeeMan

What's that supposed to mean? :innocent: I hate to break it to you... But ANY true blue, "dyed in the wool," die hard, "earned his/her stripes" Yankee fan knows that winning the World Series is success. The rest is failure.
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Well, technically we're at the cabin right now. [I was delayed in the city because I had to stick around to receive an award for something I did 20+ years ago. (Check FB Ken!)] But the cabin has high speed internet, DirectTV, and 50 yards of private beach. Ah, today's sunrise....

[ATTACH]141194[/ATTACH]

[/COLOR]

What's that supposed to mean? :innocent: I hate to break it to you... But ANY true blue, "dyed in the wool," die hard, "earned his/her stripes" Yankee fan knows that winning the World Series is success. The rest is failure.
                                That's not the sun shining. That's the shimmer of Stephen Drew's 2013 World Series Ring that you are seeing. He must have arrived at the stadium early today for some much needed BP.

BTW, have you read my message about the UM pitcher?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X